The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The new Z/28 vs. BOSS 302 On Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
NFSBOSS said:
Please post comments and like this video on youtube. Please keep the comments civil. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dtb-bGxHdZk

Just a FYI the Z in this video does have AC. And yes his lines suck. I just did a left coast trip in May with the Civic Si TTD car and TH is a really fun track.

What lap times were you turning on the 3 mile course.

Peter

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Rick , my advice on the F-150. Wait and get a 15 with the 2.7 eco. I will most likely be trading in my 2012 F-150 eco next year. If you have not seen the torture test Ford did with the 3.5 eco in the F-150 you must watch it. This is my ninth truck and it is by far the best of them all.
Oh also to stay on thread, good job with your first encounter with the Z/28 AC or not.

Peter I don't keep lap times and I have no idea. Low teens is my guess. Yea TH is a great track, were you there this weekend? Do you know Pete? I thought his car didn't have A/C but the silver one that was parked with us did. I just got back from car shopping. To make a long story short I texted the Chevy sales guy, who's been hounding me to buy a Z51 Stingray, my video before I arrived. ;D The reason why it states sold is so they can get a bidding war going. It's #99 and it's not sold yet?? Then the sales manager tells me they can't sell it anyway because it was part of the recall announced today. Really.

IMG_3910_zpscf93b220.jpg
IMG_3911_zps7eb18a04.jpg

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
$126,xxx? Really??? Bet that dealership has never seen a mark up like that. I know it's a special Camaro....but for that astronomical amount....No Thanks!

Wayne

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
I was there with Trackmasters on Friday and NASA TT Sat/Sun in May. Then back at TH June 3 for a private day before the HOD weekend. I know who Pete is but never met him in person. It was reported by Pete that he was still taking it easy during the break in miles, but the way he pulled on the front straight doesn't look like short shifting at 4000 rpm ;) It was also reported of 240 degree water temp and 280 degree oil temp on the Z. I really love the Z concept but time will tell how track worthy it is when driven Flat Out for a 30 min session by a good drive.

Peter

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
ArizonaBOSS said:
Wow...remind me again why Dealerships are needed??

It's on hell of a commute to Detroit for sum. ;D

Manufacturers don't take trade-ins.

Amazing mark up.

Also a great marketing tool. They already have free advertising on a Mustang site. Go figure. :eek:

NFSBOSS said:
Peter I don't keep lap times and I have no idea. Low teens is my guess. Yea TH is a great track, were you there this weekend? Do you know Pete? I thought his car didn't have A/C but the silver one that was parked with us did. I just got back from car shopping. To make a long story short I texted the Chevy sales guy, who's been hounding me to buy a Z51 Stingray, my video before I arrived. ;D The reason why it states sold is so they can get a bidding war going. It's #99 and it's not sold yet?? Then the sales manager tells me they can't sell it anyway because it was part of the recall announced today. Really.

IMG_3910_zpscf93b220.jpg
IMG_3911_zps7eb18a04.jpg
That sticker is a JOKE...

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Hey Rick, think you need to call GM and show them your video of the Z/28 going off. Was it the first?
http://jalopnik.com/first-camaro-z-28-track-crash-results-in-concerned-call-1595373953

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
They think that occurred because of a mechanical failure? Nope. He totally blew the previous turn.That just looks like he cooked it too hot going in. He pulled it back but didn't let the car settle before he jumped all over the throttle again.

A solid rear axle would have hooked up ::)

-Pete

PeteInCT said:
They think that occurred because of a mechanical failure? Nope. He totally blew the previous turn.That just looks like he cooked it too hot going in. He pulled it back but didn't let the car settle before he jumped all over the throttle again.

A solid rear axle would have hooked up ::)

-Pete
Someone in the comment section had it nailed. That runoff area at corner exit (run the normal way) is BRUTAL. As much as I like to hammer the curbing, after one trip out there on those gators I'll never (intentionally) go back. I haven't walked out there, but have been told they're at least 6" from top to bottom. Imagine driving over the typical curb on your city street with your Boss and not just once but over and over and over again. Once he decided to mat the GO pedal when he got out there, he was in trouble. If he hadn't been on them before I can understand why he didn't anticipate the reaction he got from the rear end of the car.

Domestic Product said:
Hey Rick, think you need to call GM and show them your video of the Z/28 going off. Was it the first?
http://jalopnik.com/first-camaro-z-28-track-crash-results-in-concerned-call-1595373953
Not only was it the first going off to be caught on video it's also the first new Boss vs Z/28 matchup of real owner cars. I sent links to several e magazines but none posted it. I need to edit it and shorten it up.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
NFSBOSS said:
Not only was it the first going off to be caught on video it's also the first new Boss vs Z/28 matchup of real owner cars. I sent links to several e magazines but none posted it. I need to edit it and shorten it up.

What magazine would want to risk loosing GM advertising dollars?

TMO Supporting Vendors