The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The new Z/28 vs. BOSS 302 On Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Z/28 is now available at "Geiger-Cars", one of the largest dealers of American cars in germany. The price is announced at 98.000 Euros, about 133.000 US$. The price of my 2013 Boss last year was 56.000 Euros, about 76.000 US$.

Hans said:
The Z/28 is now available at "Geiger-Cars", one of the largest dealers of American cars in germany. The price is announced at 98.000 Euros, about 133.000 US$. The price of my 2013 Boss last year was 56.000 Euros, about 76.000 US$.
It's not $33K faster here and definitely not $57K faster there. ::)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
steveespo said:
It's like watching gun camera footage, twisting and turning, then the tracers hit home and bam, smoke and a spin. :'(

I used to.....

Then we had an aircraft shot down in the Sangin valley a few years back. Killed six.

It changes you..

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
steveespo said:
2 valve pushrod motor so it won't have the V/E of a 4 valve canner. My car is making those horsepower numbers but only 395 torque. Would love to have 7 liter Coyote headed beast.

Unfortunately, 7 liters isn't gonna happen on the current 4" bore center modular tooling. Well, not without going to some unusually over-stroked dimensions with a super tall deck height.

Grant 302

Your son is right. The internets are impatient. The short version could even be the last 20 or 30 seconds for embedded viewing. Then post a link to the longer version. I think you'd see the difference in views right away.

Sort of related, but saw a new Z28 at local Cruise night and my gawd does that car have wide rubber on it. The front 305/30's are amazing and the CF Brakes are really cool....some pretty expensive hardware to be sure....

I think you all get a laugh out this (tracking a Z/28) this happens .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eOPJf9jB-U

Grant 302

Ha! I was annoyed when my brother called about meeting me at the track when I already texted him my run group times...and it interrupted the lap timer app on my fastest laps of the session :mad:

I've only seen Z/28s at cars n coffee so far.
Today:
15160472002_ff1a6e3e56_z.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors