The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is kinda funny.

How come we never see Cops this calm and considerate on the six o'clock news?...Oops...sorry...commentary outside this Forum's realm..............Back to racin...NASCAR to take away restictor plates at Daytona and Taladega next year for the Cup Boys, BUT also reduce HP at tracks 1.5 mile plus from 750 HP to 550 HP. Their reasoning is to provide better competitiveness (maybe also MPH below 200?). Why did we have 750 HP to begin with???....This may open the door for Helcats??..or our GT350's???...I know, Mustangs will be in the Cup series next year, anyways............At this rate I'll be able to run my Boss in the Infinity series!( without a restrictor plate.LOL)

How come we never see Cops this calm and considerate on the six o'clock news?...Oops...sorry...commentary outside this Forum's realm..............Back to racin...NASCAR to take away restictor plates at Daytona and Taladega next year for the Cup Boys, BUT also reduce HP at tracks 1.5 mile plus from 750 HP to 550 HP. Their reasoning is to provide better competitiveness (maybe also MPH below 200?). Why did we have 750 HP to begin with???....This may open the door for Helcats??..or our GT350's???...I know, Mustangs will be in the Cup series next year, anyways............At this rate I'll be able to run my Boss in the Infinity series!( without a restrictor plate.LOL)
Rick I read that all NASCAR vehicles all had the HP tweeked to the higher HP value only on short tracks and the lower number HP was the setup on the longer tracks. Maybe NASCAR is just detuning the vehicles on the short track only for some reason.

On the short tracks, Speeds over 150MPH aren't realistic, So I figured they decided to let the Boys have their fun with all that HP on the short tracks (Since they could never use it).
Actually that's not true. On the short track there is a lot more applying the brakes hard and hard acceleration that's needed to get back up to speed thus the added need for HP.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I heard something about restrictor plates with tapered holes that will reduce HP but give better throttle response. (As opposed to the straight thru holes) They say the average Joe won't be able to tell the difference but a Race Car driver can.

TMO Supporting Vendors