The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TOW HOOKS FOR G350 in stock 7/20/16!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great news! Do you have a photo of the back of the mount?

JDJ_1111.jpg

JDJ_1114.jpg

JDJ_1131.jpg

JDJ_1119.jpg

SVTMatt said:
Any chance of a license plate holder that'll fit?
We already make a plate holder for other cars and yes we will offer one. We are also going to offer the tow hook shaft in 2 versions, 1 will be the thin shaft so as not have to modify the grill at all, 2 the shaft will be larger around and you will have to modify the grill by 1/4 inch by just enlarging the opening that is existing in the plastic.
As far as strength, the crash bar will fail before our receiver would fail, as far as the tow hook shaft pulling straight should not be any issue with the thin shafted tow hook and also will be fine to pull up on the trailer or off the track. If you want plenty of strength then go for the standard shaft we will also offer.

50Deep said:
Looking forward to pics and the info on the member pricing.

Any way to illustrate where the hook will be on the car? I can't visualize it
Look at above post. I would like to know what you guys think you would want in the way of the shaft size? We will have a 5/8 and a bit smaller shaft so as no mods to the grill. This can be installed with out removing Fascia, just remove the rivets on the belly pan and remove it and you can install from below.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
skylane765 said:
Look at above post. I would like to know what you guys think you would want in the way of the shaft size? We will have a 5/8 and a bit smaller shaft so as no mods to the grill. This can be installed with out removing Fascia, just remove the rivets on the belly pan and remove it and you can install from below.
It looks real good now that the pics are working.

I would prefer not to have to cut the grill on the Shelby. My guess is most would feel the same way.

Any chance this can be installed on the driver side as well? I have a license plate bracket mounted to the passenger side already is why I ask.

mattlqx

Mustangless
skylane765 said:

Are we talking about the one-way rivets? Do you need to drill them out and put new ones in to access that area? If so, do we need like a rivet gun of some kind for them also?

VoodooBOSS said:
I'm not worried about making minor modifications to the grille and would prefer the larger diameter tow hook.
Your tow hook shipped with small shaft, I can send you larger one Monday

skylane765 said:
WE have some made now!! they are in stock with both shafts For 10% off put FORUM in the coupon box at check out.

with the larger shaft, I think you said you need to create 1/4" more room...does that, effectively, mean cutting out one of the 'veins' in the honeycomb completely?

can you post the instructions for fascia removal? I'm a bit confused on what all would need to come off...are we talking about the whole bumper cover?

thanks.

No offense but having an extensive automotive background being ASE, and a tool and die journeyman and coming from a family owned body shop of 45+ years. Do you really think this is capable of not flexing or bending when a crazy tow truck operator yanks or pulls your car up a roll back or loading onto my trailer? Is the pic of the tow hook itself a prototype or a finished part? Do you have a pic of it mounted on the car without a bumper cover? It looks like you use two bumper crash beam bolts and possibly two smaller bolts near the coupler nut. I'm not to crazy about having to pull a car on one side. Much rather pull in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel