The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TOW HOOKS FOR G350 in stock 7/20/16!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattlqx said:
So to get the forward lower area off for access, do I need to get new rivets and a gun?
Yes you will need the rivets and gun to install the small belly pan, ore just use push pins the same they use on the fender liner.

VoodooBOSS said:
I received my tow hook today and it looks pretty stout. I think the thinner hook bolt should be fine and is about the same diameter as the BMW hook I have.

65E26EDA-4404-4039-9000-9D63357146A0_zpsb5e8oyte.jpg
I agree, the small diameter will be fine for track use or pulling on the trailer. The shaft is chrome moly

fuhrius said:
with the larger shaft, I think you said you need to create 1/4" more room...does that, effectively, mean cutting out one of the 'veins' in the honeycomb completely?

can you post the instructions for fascia removal? I'm a bit confused on what all would need to come off...are we talking about the whole bumper cover?

thanks.
NO, you would only hog it out some.

AMPowerJ said:
Someone post a DIY on this when you install. ;D
I've already removed my front bumper clip for my CF splitter install and it's pretty easy but time consuming. There is one bolt on each side that holds the bumper to the fender that's a major PITA to remove. Although I didn't I think you can remove the bumper without removing the wheels or inner fender liners which will save time. The splitter remains with the bumper as do the brake ducts. Schedule yourself 4 hours and if you finish sooner you'll have extra time. ;D

Click on the link below for instructions on how to remove the front bumper cover on a S550 Mustang and this should cover 90% of it.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/manuals/2015-Mustang-Complete-ROUSH-Front-Fascia-Kit.pdf

8250RPM said:
No offense but having an extensive automotive background being ASE, and a tool and die journeyman and coming from a family owned body shop of 45+ years. Do you really think this is capable of not flexing or bending when a crazy tow truck operator yanks or pulls your car up a roll back or loading onto my trailer? Is the pic of the tow hook itself a prototype or a finished part? Do you have a pic of it mounted on the car without a bumper cover? It looks like you use two bumper crash beam bolts and possibly two smaller bolts near the coupler nut. I'm not to crazy about having to pull a car on one side. Much rather pull in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The receiver will work great. The crash bar will fail before the receiver fails, the small shaft like I said from the beginning should be used on the track and yes with a strait pull it will hold over 10,000 lbs both shafts are made of chrome moly. We have tested the hooks to withstand 15,000 lbs. Like I said if the car is upside down or in some valley the larger shaft should be used. The receiver and tow hook is made for you guys to get the car off the track or pull up on a trailer. 99% of all OEM tow hooks are to one side or the other, never the center, even race cars have them to one side. The reason is you will be pulling from the crash bar attach point and that has the best strength. No reason to add weight to get the tow hook in the center. Our hooks are all STEEL and chrome moly shafts, unlike many other Chinese D rings out there. NO MOD OF CAR AT ALL!!! (no drilling or adding bolts) (only remove the air sensor and relocate and you hang on to the extension) Our next tow hook for the GT350 will have a aluminum receiver and D ring with Titanium shaft, it will be more of a cost but will save quite a bit of weight. It will be a few months before it comes out. We have many tow hook styles, we provide this one for the track use, not pulling out of a mine shaft. Our receiver will also accept other tow hooks made by other manufactures out there, if you are concerned about pulling out of a mine shaft we can help you with that also. We made a effort to not have to modify the GT350 at all.
I see that most track car owners are concerned with weight and modification of the car rather than strength to pull out off a lake or other steep slopes. If that is a concern we can make one to handle that also. YES maybe I could design a receiver and hook to pull the car though a not hole, but the weight of that would be sky high.
We also designed it so the coupling nut can be changed to accept any tow hook with larger threads and larger shafts, so that is also a option. Not only that it fits the 350, this receiver will fit all the new 550 Mustangs not just the GT350 by the way is a great car!!! There is a pic on our web site of it mounted with the fascia off. Having the fascia off does not give you much better view. Our receiver is mounted BEHIND the crash bar right were the European crash bar has the tow hook receiver, and you would have to pull it though the crash bar for it to fail no extra bolts needed. We came up with a very simple light weight design. We will have the license plate holder in a few weeks just like the one we make for the Camaro or Challenger.

Fascia off7.jpg
mnmike59 said:
I tried to order. Your web site must not work with IPads?
It should work with a Ipad, try putting in the cart twice. or call us at 858 527 8727 We are working on the cart at this time to fix it.

Here is a pic of the receiver with fascia removed. https://zl1addons.com/index.php/shop-for-gear/tow-hooks/mustang-front-tow-hook-and-receiver-detail
mustang-front-tow-hook-and-receiver-detail

Sean said:
Same with any forum. Just click this button

Click_zpsunw4cqaq.png

and paste the address in the box that pops up
I do that as with other websites but it just shows a small box with a X. Is the file too big?

Anyone in the San Diego area want to come to the shop I can make a install video I will install no charge.

We also have splitter guard washers that go under the splitter to keep from scraping the bottom of the attach screws off. We installed them on the GT350 but I failed to get a pic :(

VoodooBOSS said:
Looking good. Any tips on the installation? How did you determine where to mount the hook receptacle on the bracket?
Install bracket and then install the front fascia temporarily. Then look in and see how to adjust where the shaft will line up. After that just tighten the coupling nut very tight 50 lbs. If you do not have a 1/2 Allan wrench use a socket type or we may send a small coupling nut to fit inside the 3/4 cap bolt then use socket or wrench.

By the way, we do have a way to install the tow hook receiver in the center, but you will need to bolt our Challenger receiver though the crash bar and have a hole in the fascia. We could also run a heavy weight bar to both sides and run though the grill also, but that just adds weight and require cutting the lower duct. The goal was simple, light weight, strong and NO MOD to car. We are also working on the rear receiver that goes under the license plate, it will be the same as our Camaro and Challenger rear receiver. We make our own to hook D ring and shaft also.

VoodooBOSS said:
Looking good. Any tips on the installation? How did you determine where to mount the hook receptacle on the bracket?

I just guessed on mounting the receptacle (coupling nut), I ordered the large diameter hook so I dremeled a couple sections of honeycomb to get the proper fit since it was easier than trying to line it up. If you're trying to go through the honeycomb without any modification I would mount the coupling nut but not tighten all the way, partially install the bumper cover so you can see where the nut lines up compared to the honeycomb then remove the bumper, and adjust/tighten the nut.

Install of the mount is easy, I trimmed a little bit of plastic on the back side of the air deflector (the mount was pushing on it a little bit) and that was it. The hardest thing is removal and install of the bumper cover.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel