The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TOW HOOKS FOR G350 in stock 7/20/16!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylane765 said:
Anyone in the San Diego area want to come to the shop I can make a install video I will install no charge.

We also have splitter guard washers that go under the splitter to keep from scraping the bottom of the attach screws off. We installed them on the GT350 but I failed to get a pic :(
I'm interested in more info on the splitter guard washers. I didn't see them for the GT350 on your website.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
gtorpedo said:
Thanks for the welcome! And yes, that's the APR splitter with Longacre support rods (I preferred their look over the silver ones supplied by APR).

I like this guy already.

Here is our new TITANIUM tow hook that will be out soon along with the aluminum receiver.
IMG_2087.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
8) How does the strength of the Ti compare to the steel?
It is better, but that is not the issue, its the weight that owners are looking to save and a better look. Titanium is stronger. We will have the aluminum receiver like our steel one, but it will be made of thicker material and lighter weight. The titanium tow hook will come as a package with aluminum receiver. The tow hook in the above pic is for the rear of the Corvette C7 it takes a longer one for the C7 front.

Ok. I got mine on last weekend. I figured out with Rick's help that you don't have to remove any of the front splitter bolts if you just drop the whole belly pan with the front clip. This made it a ton easier. Also the picture in the instructions and on the web site shows the temp probe mounted in the original direction but it is directly in front of the bracket blocking direct airflow but the instructions clearly state to turn it around to point to the right and that put it back in the airflow which is what I did.
2d2598f4421800c4a483b9065a1ac6e6.jpg

We will have the REAR receiver made for all 6th gen Mustangs incl. GT350 Monday. It will only require removing the rear extractor to install. Only one 5/8 hole required UNDER the license plate to insert the tow hook. All can be installed from under the rear of the car.

Here is the rear tow hook receiver, it mounts behind the rear crash bar and only requires removal of lower extractor. Then just a 5/8 hole under the license plate.

JDJ_1167.jpg

jlwdvm said:
Package deal?
Yes we have that now, plus put "trackmustang" in the coupon box to get 15% off.
For those that have bought the front only from us, just call us and we can send you a rear if you want one for a reduced cost. 858 527 8727

What testing have you done on the strength of the hooks? I can see where it would probably be ok with a straight line pull, but my concern is if I have an off at the track and the car is in a peculiar spot that might require an angled pull. Thoughts? I'm looking to buy, but want to make sure the hooks can get me out of trouble!

For those of you who ordered is $44.23 the cheapest shipping option. I've had a complete set off rims and tires shipped for that. I dont mind the $180 price for the hook but the shipping is stupid. Here is what I see when I go to order:

fedex next day air (Discount/Fee: $92.13)
fed ex one rate air (Discount/Fee: $51.23)
fedex 2 day air (Discount/Fee: $63.61)
FedEx Express SaverONE Rate 2 to 4 day air NOT GUARNTEED Call us if you need to have item in a set time. (Discount/Fee: $44.23)

jlwdvm said:
What testing have you done on the strength of the hooks? I can see where it would probably be ok with a straight line pull, but my concern is if I have an off at the track and the car is in a peculiar spot that might require an angled pull. Thoughts? I'm looking to buy, but want to make sure the hooks can get me out of trouble!

Have to agree with your concerns...

mrdci said:
For those of you who ordered is $44.23 the cheapest shipping option. I've had a complete set off rims and tires shipped for that. I dont mind the $180 price for the hook but the shipping is stupid. Here is what I see when I go to order:

fedex next day air (Discount/Fee: $92.13)
fed ex one rate air (Discount/Fee: $51.23)
fedex 2 day air (Discount/Fee: $63.61)
FedEx Express SaverONE Rate 2 to 4 day air NOT GUARNTEED Call us if you need to have item in a set time. (Discount/Fee: $44.23)

So the main reason I'm asking before ordering is I also wanted to use it as a front plate mount also so I'm sure I'll have to buy some plate mount from them for $XX.XX amount and have to pay another $45 for shipping a plate mount that costs the same as shipping.

We do offer shipping by USPS, its only $25 to other counties. Just call us and we can send paypal, but the import fees we are not responsible for.

TMO Supporting Vendors