The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TOW HOOKS FOR G350 in stock 7/20/16!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdci said:
For those of you who ordered is $44.23 the cheapest shipping option. I've had a complete set off rims and tires shipped for that. I dont mind the $180 price for the hook but the shipping is stupid. Here is what I see when I go to order:

fedex next day air (Discount/Fee: $92.13)
fed ex one rate air (Discount/Fee: $51.23)
fedex 2 day air (Discount/Fee: $63.61)
FedEx Express SaverONE Rate 2 to 4 day air NOT GUARNTEED Call us if you need to have item in a set time. (Discount/Fee: $44.23)
fed ex express is $9 to $14 at the most, you must be looking at some other website!! show a screen shot of our shipping that is the high cost you show.

jlwdvm said:
What testing have you done on the strength of the hooks? I can see where it would probably be ok with a straight line pull, but my concern is if I have an off at the track and the car is in a peculiar spot that might require an angled pull. Thoughts? I'm looking to buy, but want to make sure the hooks can get me out of trouble!
The receivers are made for the track and with the small diameter shaft, if you want more strength, then order the large shaft but you may need to enlarge the grill web some.

mrdci said:
So the main reason I'm asking before ordering is I also wanted to use it as a front plate mount also so I'm sure I'll have to buy some plate mount from them for $XX.XX amount and have to pay another $45 for shipping a plate mount that costs the same as shipping.
Fed ex 2nd day air is about $25 to $30 The best option is the ONE RATE that is $9 to $14 ask anyone that has ordered a tow hook from us on this site.

mrdci said:
So the main reason I'm asking before ordering is I also wanted to use it as a front plate mount also so I'm sure I'll have to buy some plate mount from them for $XX.XX amount and have to pay another $45 for shipping a plate mount that costs the same as shipping.
You would never pay over $14 for shipping on our site from fed ex ONE rate!!! If you order a tow hook and the plate comes later we can ship no charge. There is no way our shipping is what the post has put up here. Totally faults unless it is out of country.

mrdci said:
For those of you who ordered is $44.23 the cheapest shipping option. I've had a complete set off rims and tires shipped for that. I dont mind the $180 price for the hook but the shipping is stupid. Here is what I see when I go to order:

fedex next day air (Discount/Fee: $92.13)
fed ex one rate air (Discount/Fee: $51.23)
fedex 2 day air (Discount/Fee: $63.61)
FedEx Express SaverONE Rate 2 to 4 day air NOT GUARNTEED Call us if you need to have item in a set time. (Discount/Fee: $44.23)

Here is the rates for shipping to VA from here in San Diego
next day is $38.90
2nd day is $26.80
ONE Rate or EXPRESS SAVER is $10 The post above is not true on our site, no one has ever paid $44 for one rate shipping on our site. You can request USPS and that we can help save cost out of country.

50Deep said:
Any update on the titanium model? Would like to get that bad boy installed
It is for sure being made and we have production going, 15 to 20 days. The front receiver will be aluminum for the tow hook also. and it will be 1/2 inch and not 3/8 that the steel is.

skylane765 said:
Here is the rates for shipping to VA from here in San Diego
next day is $38.90
2nd day is $26.80
ONE Rate or EXPRESS SAVER is $10 The post above is not true on our site, no one has ever paid $44 for one rate shipping on our site. You can request USPS and that we can help save cost out of country.

Their website must have been buggy the day I looked at it as the new rates are shown below:

Fedex next day air (Discount/Fee: $27.34)
fed ex one rate air (Discount/Fee: $17.79)
fedex 2 day air (Discount/Fee: $15.49)
FedEx Express SaverONE Rate 2 to 4 day air NOT GUARNTEED Call us if you need to have item in a set time. (Discount/Fee: $14.79)

Just ordered one and I want the front plate when its comes out.

skylane765 said:
The receivers are made for the track and with the small diameter shaft, if you want more strength, then order the large shaft but you may need to enlarge the grill web some.
Testing? Is anything other than a straight pull going to bend the receiver...and then possibly damage the grill?

jlwdvm said:
Testing? Is anything other than a straight pull going to bend the receiver...and then possibly damage the grill?
It will take a pull sideways of 5k the shaft is solid chrome moly. Our tow hooks are stronger than most tow hooks out there. If worried about the strength then get the large shaft, it will be stronger. Its all up to how you want it to work for you. track use the small shaft will work with no issues. If you want to hang the car up by its nose, get the large shaft. The GT350 does not even have a tow hook, so anything would be better than hooking to the car and tear it up just to get pulled back to the pits.

skylane765 said:
It will take a pull sideways of 5k the shaft is solid chrome moly. Our tow hooks are stronger than most tow hooks out there. If worried about the strength then get the large shaft, it will be stronger. Its all up to how you want it to work for you. track use the small shaft will work with no issues. If you want to hang the car up by its nose, get the large shaft. The GT350 does not even have a tow hook, so anything would be better than hooking to the car and tear it up just to get pulled back to the pits.
Is the shaft the week point, or the receiver/mounting bracket? I'm not trying to pick gnat crap out of pepper here...I just want to make sure I order the right pair of hooks and they will do what I need for track use. I'm looking to order to get ready for next year. Thanks!

The shaft if turned down may well be the week point, but being made of chrome moly it can take a heavy pull or side load. Remember its turned down to over the minor threads.
Its a 5/8 11 thread so that type of bolt would be well over 20,000 lbs being chrome moly.

Here is our titanium shaft tow hook we now have with aluminum receiver.
titanium-tow-hook-detail

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
skylane765 said:
The shaft if turned down may well be the week point, but being made of chrome moly it can take a heavy pull or side load. Remember its turned down to over the minor threads.
Its a 5/8 11 thread so that type of bolt would be well over 20,000 lbs being chrome moly.

Here is our titanium shaft tow hook we now have with aluminum receiver.
titanium-tow-hook-detail
Been patiently waiting. Are these available online yet?

Received my front and rear hooks for my '16 GT350 yesterday! Any install advice from anyone? I will have the car up on my 2-post lift.

TMO Supporting Vendors