The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track key update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got an email from Ford saying that CARB testing has been completed & there will be a TRACKEY availabilty announcement at the "Specialty Equipment Market Association" Show in Las Vegas NOV 2. Did anybody else get that Email?

302BOB said:
Did anybody else get that Email?
I don't know. Read back a few posts and let us know. ;)

Maui
I got that email too, almost yelled out at work... It said Nov. 2nd, or is that just an announcement when it will be out at a later date? Either way good to hear they are making progress...Can't wait for the day! ;D

I also received the email from Ford Racing--I copied the message below:
Dear Boss Mustang Enthusiast -

Thank you for your interest in our new TracKey technology.

Ford Racing and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) have been working closely to ensure that TracKey achieves certification as quickly as possible.

We are happy to report that the testing is completed and Ford Racing will announce the availability of TracKey at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas on Nov. 2.

We recognize that there is great anticipation for this exciting product and wanted to share this news with you ahead of the SEMA show.

Thank you for your patience,

Ford Racing Performance Team

This is great news; I hope TracKey has not been watered down just to pass CARB. I feel FMC did a fantastic promotion advertising TracKey but failed miserably keeping Boss owner informed about the delivery date of TracKey

I have contacted both FMC and CARB by phone and email. I got the same bull from FCS via phone; TracKey will be released – soon. I have been waiting 4 weeks for someone from Ford to answer my email.

I talked to Lisa Chiladakis at the California Air Resources Board Public Information Offices. She told me the emissions rating are by engine size and TracKey should not be any different than an aftermarket tune kit i.e. SCT Power Flash Tuner.

Regardless of who’s at fault no one can refute the fact FMC has been unwilling and/or unable to be forth coming about the release of TracKey!

I agree with all the BOSS Mustang Online posts that FMC should give each Boss owner the TracKey download at no charge.

However, since TracKey was included by some dealership when the Boss owner’s purchased their Boss maybe FMC should give us the 2012 Boss 302-Owner's Limited Edition Print.

Below are the Emissions Ratings for the 2012 Boss without TracKey and 2012 Shelby GT 500.

It is hard to believe the Boss with TracKey would have a significant higher Emission Ratings than the Shelby GT500.

You selected the following vehicles to compare:

2012 MUSTANG BOSS COUPE 5L, V8 2012 MUSTANG GT500 COUPE 5.4L, V8

Emission Ratings

Global Warming Score: 5* 4*
Ranked 1-10 Ten is the cleanest Score*

Annual Greenhouse Gas Emissions: 12563 lbs. 13885 lbs.

Smog Score: 6* 4*
Ranked 1-10 Ten is the cleanest Score*

Annual Smog Emissions: 1650 grams per mile 2400 grams per mile

http://www.driveclean.ca.gov/comparison.php?vehicle_checkbox=compare_9410&vehicle_checkbox=compare_9420&x=23&y=2

Call Us
General Inquiries
DriveClean.ca.gov Staff
Lisa Chiladakis: 916.327.2932
Melissa Meuser: 916.327.2950
California Air Resources Board Public Information Offices

http://www.driveclean.ca.gov/Learn_More/Contact_Us.php

However, since TracKey was included by some dealership when the Boss owner’s purchased their Boss maybe FMC should give us the 2012 Boss 302-Owner's Limited Edition Print.

I like this idea since mine was included in the price of the car......or a new set of tires. ;D

MrGT5oh said:

I like this idea since mine was included in the price of the car......or a new set of tires. ;D

I'm thinking they should give us a spare engine and transmission too. ::)

This is why they are making us wait:

Check out: " Ford to celebrate 110 years of racing heritage at SEMA"- http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/11/ford-to-celebrate-110-years-of-racing-heritage-at-sema/

They could just give us the programming and still do a big show!

I'm at Track Attack and here is the inside scoop: Track key will be available to purchase Nov 2nd. And one of the reasons you can't get it now is they are training the non Ford racing dealer how to properly install it.

BossJockey said:
I'm at Track Attack and here is the inside scoop: Track key will be available to purchase Nov 2nd. And one of the reasons you can't get it now is they are training the non Ford racing dealer how to properly install it.
Ah hah, somewhere out in cyberspace I posted it would be available that date. I hope you're right. Are we having fun?

Have fun! I theorized that was part of the reason for the delay. They would want to make sure every dealer had it and knew what needed to be done and that takes time.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel