• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track key update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

GM is scrambling to beat this Boss 302................seems like the only way they can do it (as usual) A. wait till Ford does something great to realize what it is THEY need to work on B. use a bigger motor C. haing to charge a lot mor than Ford does. Their next govt bailout is just around the corner.

302BOB

Epic Contributor
Mustang GT's & BOSSes are teaching Camaro SS's a lesson or two right now ,without launch control available. I don't think the playing field is going to even out with Camaro's new innovation, when both come on board.

302BOB

Epic Contributor
Watch out everybody..this ZL-1 Camaro might be as good as a Shelby GT500 with the BOSS 302's road course ability...GM is doing their homework on this one.

Yeah, but the car still looks like a freak show to me, and I don't find it too innovative that GM drops that 6.2L in just about everything they build. The 5.0L in your Boss is Boss specific.

cloud9

Gary
302BOB said:
Watch out everybody..this ZL-1 Camaro might be as good as a Shelby GT500 with the BOSS 302's road course ability...GM is doing their homework on this one.
Can't wait to tangle with one with or without TracKey. I have only personally seen one of the modern Camaros on a road course and it wasn't close.

302BOB said:
Might compete well with Shelby GT 500, but shouldn't seriously challenge the Boss because of the mass/weight. Again, apples to oranges. If GM feels they do need to compete with the Boss, then look for a Z-28 redo with smaller displacement motor and significant lightening or redesign of the Camaro platform itself. Only way they can challenge the Boss head to head.

VoodooBoss

Rick
Only Camaro at the track I drove yesterday was a 1968 Z/28 fully race prepped running big Hoosiers. Great looking blast from the past. I gave him a point by just so I could check it out. LOL. There wasn't a new Camaro insight but then again I was one of three Mustangs.

We are an hour from October and yet still NO TRACKEY........No you won't get it when you buy the car after it's release date, wait for summer. Summer you won't get it either because Ford says late summer......now fall is among us and rumor had it September would be the "Golden Month!"

October is here and we must start to wonder if those of us not living in warm climate states will ever get to see or use Trackey before our cars are put away and covered til spring 2012.

Are we to settle for the fact Christmas may just have to actually be Christmas with a gift under the tree and dreams of it being the ever so famous Trackey? At this point in time, I have to believe the 2013 model will get it just as the 2012 is recieving thiers. JMO

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread on this matter or just add it to this existing thread. So here it is:

I received a call from Dan McKeever at Miller Motorsports in regards to questions I had on the Boss 302 racing harnesses in which he informed me they had made special for the Track Attack program. He did however state he would look into seeing if the company who made them for the program can indeed make them for public sale. Dan was going to contact Ford about licensing rules and regulations.

In addition to racing harnesses, he asked if I had heard anything about Trackey. The last thing I had heard was late summer then end of September. Dan said he received an email or notification from Ford today which stated information about the recent Trackey development would be announced on NOVEMBER 2 at some event I don't recall.

He is to contact me later about the harnesses and I will pass that information along to whomever is interested. Also next years Track Attack dates should be released soon per Dan.

*Please post this in a new thread about Trackey if necessary.

jec246

Just got a reply about TracKey today.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. My name is Julie and I'm with Ford's Customer Service Department.

I understand your interest on the status of the TracKey software for your 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302.

TracKey is expected to be available for purchase and Dealer installation this month once passed for California emissions standards. Please sign-up at http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/ to be notified when it becomes available.

Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,
Julie
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

jec246 said:

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. My name is Julie and I'm with Ford's Customer Service Department.

I understand your interest on the status of the TracKey software for your 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302.

TracKey is expected to be available for purchase and Dealer installation this month once passed for California emissions standards. Please sign-up at http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/ to be notified when it becomes available.

Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,
Julie
Ford Motor Company

I am reading this correctly?

Julie, at Ford's Customer Relationship Center, says TracKey will pass California emissions standards this month (October 2011) and will be available for purchase and dealer installation.

As everyone can see, we are STILL getting different reports from different directions! Just wish someone could 100% verify WHAT is going to happen and WHEN.

jec246

TheBlues9108 said:
jec246 said:

Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,
Julie
Ford Motor Company

I am reading this correctly?

Julie, at Ford's Customer Relationship Center, says TracKey will pass California emissions standards this month (October 2011) and will be available for purchase and dealer installation.

I am praying for this to be true!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel