The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track key update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My disappointment right now comes from Ford not making any kind of announcement to dealerships or even contacting those of us who have put our email address in the Trackey website.

It would just be nice to know what is going on or where Trackey stands right now.

orng302 said:
" some breach of sales agreement" maybe you know better than I, but can you direct me to where in the sales agreement or contract it specifically has any mention of the trackey. Please understand I am just as disappointed about the trackey as anyone, I just don't see where the legal grounds for a lawsuit come into play.

Hey, I'm no lawyer. But it would seem to be a bit of common sense than when something is "advertised" as a feature of the car and then not delivered the buyer would have some sort of recourse.

I'm not worried though, my dealer told me early Oct. and that's what I'm going with. In Ford We Trust!

Whammer said:
orng302 said:
" some breach of sales agreement" maybe you know better than I, but can you direct me to where in the sales agreement or contract it specifically has any mention of the trackey. Please understand I am just as disappointed about the trackey as anyone, I just don't see where the legal grounds for a lawsuit come into play.

Hey, I'm no lawyer. But it would seem to be a bit of common sense than when something is "advertised" as a feature of the car and then not delivered the buyer would have some sort of recourse.

I'm not worried though, my dealer told me early Oct. and that's what I'm going with. In Ford We Trust!

Just remember that TK is not a standard feature but a paid option. Also, if it does not come out, it will be because goverment and not Ford. Yes, everyone can be disappointed but there isn't a leg to stand on legally.

orng302 said:

I had the dealer write it on my sales contract

Form Deysha, a Ford customer service rep,....CARB has approved TK and it should arrive within a few weeks to the dealerships.

Whammer said:
Form Deysha, a Ford customer service rep,....CARB has approved TK and it should arrive within a few weeks to the dealerships.

Sounds good, will wait and see.

For those about to sell their Boss, sue Ford and banish youself from ever buying a Ford again - hopefully you will give it a little while longer.

Whammer said:
Here's her exact quote:

"Hello guys,

Ok, we are expecting approval from C.A.R.B. anytime now. Please stay tuned. (Yes, I’m praying within the week or so!!) You guys have been doing great with this wait!!

Deysha"

cloud9 said:
Here's her exact quote:

"Hello guys,

Ok, we are expecting approval from C.A.R.B. anytime now. Please stay tuned. (Yes, I’m praying within the week or so!!) You guys have been doing great with this wait!!

Deysha"
That sounds like soon, very soon, to me. ;)

Called Ford today and the person I spoke with did not mention this to me. He was very polite, I had him check the data base to see if I was registered with the Boss system. He thanked me for being polite and wished all the calls were!

5 DOT 0 said:
KYBOSSLS said:
Called Ford today and the person I spoke with did not mention this to me. He was very polite, I had him check the data base to see if I was registered with the Boss system. He thanked me for being polite and wished all the calls were!
Deysha has more info regarding our Boss cars than most of Ford's CS reps. Soon, very soon.
Needs to be by tomorrow to be soon enough ;)

As far as it being a "paid option", I don't believe any of us Boss owners have paid anything yet. I know I have not. Let's hope this latest update turns out to be fact.

Dean#4AI said:
Just remember that TK is not a standard feature but a paid option. Also, if it does not come out, it will be because goverment and not Ford. Yes, everyone can be disappointed but there isn't a leg to stand on legally.

I just got my car today and on the tracKey has a card attached to it that reads.

"Warning Your BOSS 302 has serious track capabilities. TracKey from Ford Racing will help you unleash the full potential of your vehicle."

They using that in marketing of the car. It even has a website to go to when you are "ready" so I don't think they'd have much of a leg to stand on if they tried to nix it.

TMO Supporting Vendors