The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Re: Track Time

Heading out to Lime Rock Park this Saturday with a new transmission, clutch, slave cylinder and throw out bearing. all was covered under warranty by ford.the inside info on the transmissions is thatthe demand for warranty transmissions was not anticipated and it literally takes two months by boat to get them to the United States from China. there have been some reports that Ford is choosing to do a rebuild as opposed to an all-out transmission swap. Based on all the evidence that we have seen so far it seems that a clutch swap out can help the life of the mt82 transmission overall.

really looking forward to LimeRock this Saturday, it will be the first chance that I will have to use the TraqDash system.

PeteInCT

Connecticut

Great day at Limerock yesterday. TrackDash worked flawlessly, first time I used it on track.

20131102_LRP_IN2_8762.jpg
20131102_LRP_IN2_8788.jpg
20131102_LRP_IN2_8876.jpg
20131102_LRP_IN2_9129.jpg
20131102_LRP_IN2_9334.jpg
20131102_LRP_IN2_9354.jpg

Looking good, glad to see "Diane" back on track. Do you have red foam padding on your roll bar and if so where did you buy it? I hear some of the locals weren't happy with your return. ;)

Looking good Pete 8) Glad to see you're back in the game.....trust me I know the feeling! Like Steve said, it's probably time to say goodbye to 2013 but glad to see you end the season on a positive note as well! It sure makes going into the winter months a lot easier.

PeteInCT

Connecticut

one more track day on November 16th with steve esposito. Like he says we're trying to get the band back together for one more gig this year !

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Actually, I just booked November 10 at Summit Main for TT with EMRA (see post in Events forum) I need the methadone for this addiction. Weather is looking good and I do have a room booked to split if anyone is interested. Hedging my bets against snow on Nov 16 at Lime Rock.
Steve

cloud9 said:
Hope you guys had a great time today and best of luck tomorrow. Here's the video from my ONE session :'( I'm pinching Turn 10 coming into the front straight so I can ride down the crowned middle OFF the VHT since there was a little moisture. I basically was short shifting into 4th coming out of 10. I usually track out almost into the grandstands and grab 4th at the burnout box but I didn't want to be shifting or accelerating through the VHT. You'll hear me grab 5th when I get past the VHT.... First lap is under caution then probably running about 7 or 8 tenths ASSuming I'll get another 10 sessions this weekend :p

awesome...my favorite part was right before the 10 minute mark...when u passed that vette...awesome!!!
You were nailing those apexes... :)....man, she sounds great!

bossfan69 said:
cloud9 said:
Hope you guys had a great time today and best of luck tomorrow. Here's the video from my ONE session :'( I'm pinching Turn 10 coming into the front straight so I can ride down the crowned middle OFF the VHT since there was a little moisture. I basically was short shifting into 4th coming out of 10. I usually track out almost into the grandstands and grab 4th at the burnout box but I didn't want to be shifting or accelerating through the VHT. You'll hear me grab 5th when I get past the VHT.... First lap is under caution then probably running about 7 or 8 tenths ASSuming I'll get another 10 sessions this weekend :p

awesome...my favorite part was right before the 10 minute mark...when u passed that vette...awesome!!!
You were nailing those apexes... :)....man, she sounds great!
Thanks really looking forward to getting some track time at the newly paved BIR next year. Ended both trips there this summer after one session. Shorted engine wiring harness and blown clutch. At least the clutch has been upgraded to a racing clutch now so that shouldn't be an issue.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

A couple shots from this weekend's races at Bondurant West Track...

Friend spun out in front of me...

1116153_10100465279223704_1583809645_o.jpg

View from the GoPro in his cockpit...I'm in front this time :)

1398532_10201576706192508_1677262333_o.jpg

Had some REALLY close racing with this speed truck all weekend:

1412281_10100465290246614_441436172_o.jpg

Hopping a small curb...

1402386_10100465290256594_406983824_o.jpg

I finished second in class (and 4th overall out of 16) on Saturday's main race, and third in class (and 6th overall out of 18) on Sunday's main race, and set a new personal best by .75sec in Sunday's main race. :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

The videos I took were all junk due to poor mounting location of camera; here is a video from Saturday from my buddy's Vette. We had some good racing all weekend! This is from the race where I finished second in class, to the guy shooting the video. I had him for a bit but lost my concentration :( On Sunday I learned from this and kept cool and collected for both races, then I CHECKED OUT on the guys that I was racing in this video as a result :)

Some crazy footage in the rearview around 1:46 where one guy lost control and almost took out another racer at the end of the main straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCmK906Y-Wc

Grant--yes, the #8 302S was out as well, from the photos I saw.

TMO Supporting Vendors