The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Transformation of Sweet Lorraine Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I added some protection for the lower grille with Boss 302 lower mesh grille in black made by @06mach1. It had the cutout for a tow hook.
039.JPG

Now I going to track the car so I best get me a tow hook in case I decide to travel in the gravel. Blowfish Racing (TOW-03-600B) is the only way to go so I started out with the one with the LS Chin Spoiler bracket. This was an early rendition that evolved on the car as the engineering got better.Front Bumper (63).JPG

I don't give a crap what anybody says, this is one serious looking front end!
Front Bumper (64).JPG

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Sick of me yet?

In June if 2014 I bought some nice Koni Yellow Sports (8741-1549SPORT & 8241-1240SPORT). I really wanted some nice coil overs but funds and the fact at this point of my newly born track career, it wouldn't matter too much to me. Maybe some day...
Koni - Yellow Sports Front.JPGKoni - Yellow Sports Rear.JPG
Suspension (51).JPG

I had a local Mustang shop put Konis and the Maximum Motorsport Caster/Camber plates (MM5CC-6) at the same tyme. It was summer and between my business travel and teaching my daughter Ava, who was nine at the tyme, to play golf.
Maximum Motorsports - Caster-Camber Plates.JPG
Suspension (29).JPG

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Tired of using four jack point to lift the car, I purchased a set of red Custom Jacking Plates from @06mach1. Still one of my favorite mods and I thank John every tyme I use them.
Exterior Body (215).JPG

In August of 2014, I bought BRF's Shifter Support Bracket (SSB-01-000) to change the MT82 manual shifter from being a remote shifter in to a solid mount setup. It never made it on the car.
Drivetrain (20).JPG

MGW came out with their MT-82 Race Spec version shifter and not only offered to give a nice discount if you traded back your older version but it eliminated the need for the BFR shifter support which I was able to sell pretty quickly. Since I had already installed the old MGW, the new one was a breeze.
Drivetrain (21).JPG

It was tyme to sell the JLT oil can and replace it with a Peterson breather can (08-0400). This was not a kit but thanks to the forum, I was able to purchase all the parts for this conversion. i wrapped the can itself in faux carbon fiber vinyl and think it came out pretty good.Peterson - Air-Oil Separator Hardware.JPGPeterson - Air-Oil Separator CF Wrapped - 08-0400.JPG
Engine Bay (100).JPG

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Tyme to make the car breathe better.

Kooks Super Street Shorty 1-7/8 headers (164100) which I had coated with Calico CT-25 Coolblack Ceramic Coating. I stayed away from LTHs becuse I really wanted to keep the TracKey flash. I bought all the parts to do this job myself but after talking to my friends at Finish Line performance, I decided to save my back, eliminate the need for excessive cuss words and it was winter.
043.JPG

Borla over axle pipes (60521) went with it
045.JPG

MRT MaxFlow After Cat H-Pipes (93P902)
046.JPG

Kooks 2" Stainless Boss 302 Side Pipes - Gen II (60-43-SIDEPIPES)
044.JPG

And Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts (QTEC302) and remote controller (10900)047.JPG048.JPG

So now other than the factory cats, the entire exhaust system was replaced. The car really had a sound of it's own. I used Finish line to do the headers but I did all the other work at my Local DIY shop on a lift or on the garage floor at home.

Exhaust System (108).JPG
Exhaust System (80).JPG
Exhaust System (91).JPG

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Somehow I remember you stating you had made a few changes to your Boss? After reading all this crazy Mod Madness , I now understand you are a Master of the Understatement!! Fun read, and yet I have a feeling there is still more to go?

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It was a busy winter late '14 and early '15 for mods. To continue my affair with BMR, I put on BMR Adjustable Upper Control Arms (UTCA032) and their Upper Control Arm Mount (UCM002)
BMR - Adjustable Upper Control Arm - UTCA032R.JPGBMR - Upper Control Arm Mount - UCM002R.JPG
Suspension (38).JPG

And FPRR Boss 302S Bumpsteer Kit (M-3130-R4)
FRPP - Bumpsteer Kit - M-3130-R4.JPG
Suspension (54).JPG

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
A bit more bling...

Not sure why but I caught the Carbon Fiber fever and started looking for some new parts. I found this TruFiber Carbon Fiber Deck Lid Panel (TC10025-LG42) and bought another EmblemPro BOSS 302 Faux Gas Cap Emblem (F-1411) and blacked out one of my spare faux gas caps.
005 (1).JPGExterior Body (265).JPG

There would be more CF parts to come.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I also bought the MMD Carbon Fiber Tail Light Trim kit (41271-77) and sent Pete at Track Day Solutions some carbon Fiber vinyl to see if he could cut our TymeSlayer Racing on it and he did a great job. I have one on the rear and one on the shock tower brace under the hood.
MMD - Carbon Fiber Tail Light Trim - 41271-77.JPG
Exterior Body (455).JPG

TruFiber Battery & Master Cylinder Cover (TC10025-LG71)
Engine Bay (174).JPG
Engine Bay (176).JPG

TruFiber Fuse Box Cover (TC10025-LG89)
Engine Bay (181).JPG

TruFiber Radiator Cover
Engine Bay (186).JPG

and to finish off the CF look under the hood, I put on these JLT Hydrographic Finish Carbon Fiber/Kona Blue Coil Covers (COC-FMG11-HG). With the exception of the radiator cover, this all come off easily for track days.
Engine Bay (252).JPG

She sure looks great at car shows and have more than a few gold awards in the Modified, occasionally driven classes.

Attachments

• Exterior Body (455).JPG
    Exterior Body (455).JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Don't remember which forum it was on but saw someone pushing this Aggressor Airflow LS like front chin spoiler with BOSS 302 engraved on it and I bit. It came with two Wheel Arch Guards (Spats) but I never bothered putting them on.
Aggressor Embossed Front Spoiler.jpg
Aggressor Airflow - Custom Front Splitter.jpg

You may also note that I put on a modest Lamin-X blue film to protect the headlamps but it might be difficult to see in this picture. Maybe that's because I did it right!
Exterior Body (467).JPG

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
More work on the drive train. Not because I needed it but because I could and wanted a better feel to the car. I gave a lot of thought to the clutch and almost went for the McLeod RST twin but ended up going with the Spec 2+ (SF503H-9) and the light-weight steel flywheel (SF50S-9). New throw-out bearings and rear main seal too.
006 (1).JPG
006 (2).JPG

It took a bit to break in the new clutch and get use to it's slightly firmer feel but now that it's been in so long, I hardly can tell the difference from the OEM one. There's virtually no NVH at all and I was happy with how well it works with the MGW short throw shifter.

I bought a FRPP 8.8" Aluminum Axle Cover with Differential Cooler Ports (M-4033-KA) and used Lube Locker's gasket (LLR-F880)
006 (3).JPG
Drivetrain (35).JPG

Added a used but like new Allstar Differential Breather Kit that I got from a TMO member. I originally had it mounted under the car but later relocated it to the trunk.Drivetrain (71).jpg

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
More fun BMR stuff.

BMR Watts Link Rod Ends - Red (WL006) - Sold my old Panhard bar.
Suspension (90).JPG

BMR K-Member (KM018) A-Arms (KM018) & Support Brace (AAS001) - Tubular Radiator Supports (AA026) all went it. I needed help with the K-member but the boys at the DIY shop lent a hand.
Suspension (95).JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel