The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

superhero said:
No it does not. Thats because you did not do that. It was some B&^T^.
It sucks when chit like this happens. We go that extra mile to take car of our cars only to have some A-Hole screw it up.
I hope the repairs meet your standards.

Thanks & ill post pics later.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Put on my rear MCS dampers and spring package, took off the K-Member and removed the front LCAs to de-bushing them and replace with poly. Also going to add Watson's Howe ball joints.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Installed my BMR UCA and mount and changed the oil and filter at 6450 miles. Also got a lot of grease gun use while I was under there.

It still amazes me how dirty it gets under there since the car has only seen wet conditions twice in three years. The engine bay is spotless but the undercarriage is a dirt magnet.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

further said:
This video is unbelievably detailed and should give you the info. The 1P DS gives a recommendation for a pinion angle of -3.5. There is also a short break in period. The RST is like butter. My DS clunk is gone. There is very little room between the DS, loop and MGW shifter, but it works. The CPR required an extra 'relearn' but all is good now.

http://youtu.be/JpzefqEeVGE

Much appreciated!!

I have access to a Ford mechanics laptop for the relearn.

Video is very helpful.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Put on my rear MCS dampers and spring package, took off the K-Member and removed the front LCAs to de-bushing them and replace with poly. Also going to add Watson's Howe ball joints.

Are you doing front and back bushings? What brand are you using? You going with the 302R rack?

Installed a set of 19" MT drag radials on the stock rims. Car just flat hooks now (although I have to confess to missing trying to drive out of the wheel spin :p) Plus I like the look it gives the car, slightly taller slightly wider, more aggressive. I thought the car looked a wee bit under shoed out back previously.

Moser axles and a LS diff. next.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

further said:
Are you doing front and back bushings? What brand are you using? You going with the 302R rack?

I am going with the Prothane bushings for both the front and rear locations on the FLCAs.

I'm hoping I can get away with the stock B302 rack--my fingers are crossed; won't know for sure until about a month from now.

Front: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00387WH8U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rear: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00387WHZS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ArizonaBOSS said:
I am going with the Prothane bushings for both the front and rear locations on the FLCAs.

I'm hoping I can get away with the stock B302 rack--my fingers are crossed; won't know for sure until about a month from now.

Front: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00387WH8U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rear: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00387WHZS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the open door into your experimental garage. I wonder if just doing the larger of the two, alone, would have less issues, and still provide improved feel. Are you still on the stock control arms? I know you've probably gone over all this in your build thread. I was going to go with the whiteline bushings but they are for 05-10 (along with Steeda longer ball joints and bump steer). Perhaps because of the issue stated above. BTW, good luck.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

further said:
Thanks for the open door into your experimental garage. I wonder if just doing the larger of the two, alone, would have less issues, and still provide improved feel. Are you still on the stock control arms? I know you've probably gone over all this in your build thread. I was going to go with the whiteline bushings but they are for 05-10 (along with Steeda longer ball joints and bump steer). Perhaps because of the issue stated above. BTW, good luck.

I am still on the stock arms, but I am having a fabricator de-bush them right now so I can install those prothane ones, and also install the threaded ball-joint sleeves so I can now run the 302S Howe ball joints.

I would not consider any aftermarket front LCA, btw (with the exception of FRPP stuff)

ArizonaBOSS said:
I am still on the stock arms, but I am having a fabricator de-bush them right now so I can install those prothane ones, and also install the threaded ball-joint sleeves so I can now run the 302S Howe ball joints.

I would not consider any aftermarket front LCA, btw (with the exception of FRPP stuff)

Right , they all break. One reason I would get the 302s arms, if there is trouble with the new bushings, you can just go back to stock. Once you've burned out (or whatever it takes) the rubber bushings, there's no going back. Please keep us updated.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Roll cage and harnesses are in and magnetic numbers are set to go. HANS device arrived as well so I finally get to try all the new stuff out on Thursday at Limerock!

photo%2B2%2B%283%29.JPG

harnesses.JPG

photo%2B%288%29.JPG

further said:
This video is unbelievably detailed and should give you the info. The 1P DS gives a recommendation for a pinion angle of -3.5. There is also a short break in period. The RST is like butter. My DS clunk is gone. There is very little room between the DS, loop and MGW shifter, but it works. The CPR required an extra 'relearn' but all is good now.

http://youtu.be/JpzefqEeVGE

I like it, it needs to be relocated to how to section

Installed my "3/4 exhaust discs today. Along with the GT500 mufflers, man, this is how it should have come from the factory. Going to install my Watson/ Peterson breather kit tomorrow. I have not wrenched on a car in years. Feels good to get back into it :D.

Anyone know of an oem ford part number for a firewall plug/grommet that will work for deleting the sound tube? I don't want to use just anything. I want it to look factory. Did the V6 cars come with a plug? That might work?

TMO Supporting Vendors