The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Switched out my stock bulbs for Raxiom LED lights in the overhead lights and the license plate. Waiting for it to be dark to check them out.

Took mine in to get exhaust leak checked and sure enough, there is one where the pipe after the cat on the drivers side joins to the H pipe. They have to order one. Found my rear end has a leak where the drive shaft joins to the rear end. Then went home and cut the air conditioner belt. Made no difference to the ticking sound if you are wondering.

colticus said:
Thanks. No tint huh? Yea, I couldnt survive here in TX with no tint.
We're not allowed to have tint on the driver and passenger windows. Lots of peeps do it and I've had it before. But I got a ticket for it twice and won't bother with it again.

NFSBOSS said:
We're not allowed to have tint on the driver and passenger windows. Lots of peeps do it and I've had it before. But I got a ticket for it twice and won't bother with it again.

They don't like the tint because when they stop you they can't see inside. They don't like surprises, like guns and stuff. ;)

Did these "Center embroidered Mats" have the correct Holes in them for the Floormat Tabs on the driver and passenger side? Just curious cause I was wanting a set as well.

aarcox2013 said:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Today my floor mats from CJ Pony parts arrived in the mail and I installed them.

Justin said:
yesterday I got about 90% complete on a header install yesterday.
996172_603240196375222_1023250019_n.jpg

Nice, that's a task and a half Justin. Let us know how it all comes out and tell me how you separated the rack. I know how I did it, just curious if anyone has a different way.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

NewBossowner said:
Nice, that's a task and a half Justin. Let us know how it all comes out and tell me how you separated the rack. I know how I did it, just curious if anyone has a different way.
are you talking about the steering shaft? I take out the top bolt slide it out a little and use a pickle fork to pop it out. easiest way I have found.

those nuts on the headers are a @#$%#@ feels like they are forever long. I usually have a friend (forceofwill) helping but this time since he has moved to another state I am doing it solo takes a lot longer by yourself but doable in one day. I took lots of breaks and had to go to the parts store for a few things (had to wait on wife to get home to take me).

I didnt have rear O2 extensions so I bought a soldering iron and some wire and extended them myself. that took a chunk of time I wasnt expecting.

This is also the third 11+ mustang that the ground wire lug was smashed to the point where it couldnt be pulled off the stud on the motor mount plate mounting bolt. I dont think you need 100ft lbs on a wire lug nut ford....that was an hour job getting it off ended up breaking it...another trip to parts store.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town

rpm3dinc said:
Did these "Center embroidered Mats" have the correct Holes in them for the Floormat Tabs on the driver and passenger side? Just curious cause I was wanting a set as well.

aarcox2013 said:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Today my floor mats from CJ Pony parts arrived in the mail and I installed them.

Yes, they arrived from CJ Pony parts in literally two days and installed like a dream - they couldn't have been a better fit. I noticed also the mats seem to cover a wider area of the carpet than the stock mats. You also get two rear mats, something you didn't get with the Boss Package. I couldn't personally recommend them enough - they look great and the logos are really brought out with the stitching and color they used.

Justin said:
are you talking about the steering shaft? I take out the top bolt slide it out a little and use a pickle fork to pop it out. easiest way I have found.

those nuts on the headers are a @#$%#@ feels like they are forever long. I usually have a friend (forceofwill) helping but this time since he has moved to another state I am doing it solo takes a lot longer by yourself but doable in one day. I took lots of breaks and had to go to the parts store for a few things (had to wait on wife to get home to take me).

I didnt have rear O2 extensions so I bought a soldering iron and some wire and extended them myself. that took a chunk of time I wasnt expecting.

This is also the third 11+ mustang that the ground wire lug was smashed to the point where it couldnt be pulled off the stud on the motor mount plate mounting bolt. I dont think you need 100ft lbs on a wire lug nut ford....that was an hour job getting it off ended up breaking it...another trip to parts store.

I couldn't get mine to slide up to pop it out, was seized in the tube where it slides. Didn't want to damage anything trying to get it loose so I dropped the sub instead. Decided it will make header install much easier that way when I do it.

Thanks for reminding me about O2 extensions, I had forgotten I will need those.

I am amazed on a daily basis what engineers and the people that assemble cars do. I just have to shake my head and wonder sometimes.

My parts store is literally 50 feet from my shop doors so that's not a problem for me, as long as they actually have the parts I need.

TMO Supporting Vendors