The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your GT350 today?

Finally had the time this afternoon to install the front splitter on the GT350. I did not want the dealer to do it after reading about the idiots messing them up. It did take time and the best advice I can give: use a lift and pull the entire belly pan off. It made everything easier and allowed me to check and make sure everything was in place before the final tightening of the fasteners. Taking my time, the install took two hours. Now if the snow would stop, I could take it out for the initial drive.

GT350%203%20002_zpskt8wedwj.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Re: What did you do to your GT350 today?

Bossneeds said:
Finally had the time this afternoon to install the front splitter on the GT350. I did not want the dealer to do it after reading about the idiots messing them up. It did take time and the best advice I can give: use a lift and pull the entire belly pan off. It made everything easier and allowed me to check and make sure everything was in place before the final tightening of the fasteners. Taking my time, the install took two hours. Now if the snow would stop, I could take it out for the initial drive.

GT350%203%20002_zpskt8wedwj.jpg

Nice list of cars Bossneeds. Will we see you at Road America in July with Northwoods Shelby Club?
Steve

Yes, I will be there for at least one of the days. I last ran at that event a few years ago in a '03 Cobra. Before that I ran a white 1970 BOSS 302 W code. Best performing BOSS car I had. As new grandparents, it's hard to find the time to do everything I want to. Our son put his 911 into the kink 4-5 years ago at that event. I was behind him in my Cobra when it happened. Not a good memory. He was OK as was his pass. but the 911 was not.

Bossneeds said:
Yes, I will be there for at least one of the days. I last ran at that event a few years ago in a '03 Cobra. Before that I ran a white 1970 BOSS 302 W code. Best performing BOSS car I had. As new grandparents, it's hard to find the time to do everything I want to. Our son put his 911 into the kink 4-5 years ago at that event. I was behind him in my Cobra when it happened. Not a good memory. He was OK as was his pass. but the 911 was not.
Look forward to seeing you there. I didn't need the visual of the incident at the kink, and there is no forgiveness if something goes wrong there. Very glad he was ok as was the rider. I try to respect it, but it's tough to resist driving through it fast when you're in the rhythm.

He lightly just caught the rumble strips and as taught, kept his foot into it. He was at 120 and by the time he met the concrete barrier was at 112. Just glanced off the concrete and then it was parts everywhere. Nickle size bruise on the knee was it. Very impressed with German engineering! Didn't even break or pop any glass. We found a red 911 missing the motor and trans in CA and had KellyMoss do the swap. Very lucky on many accounts.
Boss%20Shelby%20Porsche%20019_zpsbxbviwhq.jpg

Today I installed the GT350R splitter. I never installed my factory splitter because I knew I'd be getting the R sooner then later. Very easy to install.222e94a1420d4edd8aa4377d6dfb20b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good Scott. My numbers blew off a couple of weeks ago at Thunderhill when we had 40+ mph winds. Can you please post who made your numbers as I might order a set. What's the overall size of your door numbers? I like the splitter I just wish it cost about half as much as it does.

VoodooBOSS said:
Looking good Scott. My numbers blew off a couple of weeks ago at Thunderhill when we had 40+ mph winds. Can you please post who made your numbers as I might order a set. What's the overall size of your door numbers? I like the splitter I just wish it cost about half as much as it does.

https://m.facebook.com/Falcon-Graphics-197558420394839/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VoodooBOSS said:
Mine spent the afternoon at the TMO Beer Emporium and Day Spa getting a wash, clay bar treatment and bikini wax. All set for the bug infested drive to Laguna Seca next weekend to see the FGT and GT350R-C kick some ass at the IMSA races.

69548174-21AE-4C18-9F78-D291BA597F91_zps77ogqcxr.jpg
Looks good 8) Should be a fun race to watch!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel