The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin
How were the races? I watched most of the Continental race on Saturday. The Mustangs got screwed by that last caution. Even then, it looked like the 15 car was making a play for a podium but for some reason he really fell off the last few laps.

The GTs almost took 1-2 on Sunday but I think one of them couldn't quite make it to the end on gas. Looking forward to Le Mans

I saw that 350 pull in on Sat.

The weather was fabulous on Sat and Sun. I wish the 350'd did better but the FGT winning on Sun made up for it.

Not sure what IMSA is doing but it looks like they're trying to kill sport car racing in the US. The main classes had the lowest number of participants I've seen in a while. The best racing was the Miata class on Sat that had over 40 participants.

DFW, TX
4ea1c2cf0e1f7d3b0cb8432c509f6ac1.jpg9e65dc876029f7af6d83427036c3c0be.jpg
First track day, first time to +8000 rpm. (sorry no action photos)

The font I ended up using for the numbers was "Retro Stereo Wide"- it's pretty close to the Ford type for most numbers.

Having the transponder zip tied to the temporary tags amused me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS said:
The front looks a little high in the pics--did the dealer remove the shipping blocks from the front suspension?

I removed them. It is .5-.7 inch higher than the ones I measured at TT last year(4.5 inch at the lowest point in the splitter). I don't know if there was a production change but I am checking the springs today to see if there are tags to identify them.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Had a long and somewhat frustrating track prep day for both 21 cars. Changed the differential fluid in the race car after 8 track days, no real issue here, checked ring gear torque, oh and found the missing 10th old ring gear bolt from last years Road America debacle. At the time I could only account for 9 but never found the 10th, yesterday I did. Built Ford tough.

Anyway the frustration came when I installed the Goodridge stainless brake hoses on the '16, fronts went on perfectly no issue, rears were manufactured with the mounting brackets upside down on both. Bought them from Cortex but not their fault of course, will contact Filipino to see if he can help.

Second frustrating install was with the Full tilt Boogie brake cooling setup. The kit is very well done and easy to install, only issue is there is no good place to route the hoses. There is no where to run them that they won't rub at full lock. I spent two hours routing and positioning but still can't turn the last 30 degrees of steering wheel lock on both side without rubbing. Not a big deal on track but have to remember when making tight maneuvers on the street. Finished up with a full flush and change to Castrol SRF. Ready for Watkins Glen tomorrow and Tuesday with both cars.

I removed my clutch / brake pedal box today and finally installed my SRP pedals. Also installed the gas pedal. I re-arched the clutch and brake pedal to match the factory's. Then drilled and tapped one hole for each pedal. It's not going anywhere and very solid. For the gas pedal I made a delrin button and installed it into the gas pedal where the factory cover used to be. I know, I'm nuts. But I'm a mechanic / machinist. I also put Xpel on my head lights and front marker / turn signal lights. Next I'll be removing all the front and rear suspension to install the bearings and aluminum bushings. I'm considering a 4.09 gear also while I have it out.688c2f1dde6f05c624f44b478baf5d1e.jpg
Also installed the garage line spacer. Love it.
fdd11433dd4190fbfee3f3ce30fdc95b.jpga4d5aa9c4299b2c520da00de6c841c80.jpg7364d9fe31705b9e9f7aae6f48e5f378.jpg8d9a5e71e53c282e2d12a043f13010a7.jpgefd8b31f9e9e9230fa3d6b955746ef32.jpg57bf4a2b06c7db9e7f43b8008d689ceb.jpg

8250RPM said:
I removed my clutch / brake pedal box today and finally installed my SRP pedals. Also installed the gas pedal. I re-arched the clutch and brake pedal to match the factory's. Then drilled and tapped one hole for each pedal. It's not going anywhere and very solid. For the gas pedal I made a delrin button and installed it into the gas pedal where the factory cover used to be. I know, I'm nuts. But I'm a mechanic / machinist. I also put Xpel on my head lights and front marker / turn signal lights. Next I'll be removing all the front and rear suspension to install the bearings and aluminum bushings. I'm considering a 4.09 gear also while I have it out.688c2f1dde6f05c624f44b478baf5d1e.jpg
Also installed the garage line spacer. Love it.
fdd11433dd4190fbfee3f3ce30fdc95b.jpga4d5aa9c4299b2c520da00de6c841c80.jpg7364d9fe31705b9e9f7aae6f48e5f378.jpg8d9a5e71e53c282e2d12a043f13010a7.jpgefd8b31f9e9e9230fa3d6b955746ef32.jpg57bf4a2b06c7db9e7f43b8008d689ceb.jpg

The SRP pedals are so good.

Very nice. A friend of mine has the same SRP pedals in his Boss and it's way easier to heel/top with the larger gas pedal. I'm probably going to add a set to my car. I'm not quite sure what the delrin piece is for but I'm sure I need one. ;)

The gas pedal mount looks interesting but I'm not sure I need it. I'm pretty tall and have never felt the gas pedal is too far away. But if it makes heel/toe easier then it might be worth the investment.

http://garageline.com/320-garageline-2015-2016-ford-mustang-accelerator-pedal-mount.html

IMG_6401-800.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
Very nice. A friend of mine has the same SRP pedals in his Boss and it's way easier to heel/top with the larger gas pedal. I'm probably going to add a set to my car. I'm not quite sure what the delrin piece is for but I'm sure I need one. ;)

The gas pedal mount looks interesting but I'm not sure I need it. I'm pretty tall and have never felt the gas pedal is too far away. But if it makes heel/toe easier then it might be worth the investment.

http://garageline.com/320-garageline-2015-2016-ford-mustang-accelerator-pedal-mount.html

IMG_6401-800.jpg

I'm 6' 1" and my shoe size is 12 I can heel toe with the stock pedals but it's much more comfortable for me with the garageline spacer and 3/4" SRP pedal. The delrin button I made is to hold the SRP pedal on. I'm a very picky person and just figured I'd throw a piece of delrin in the lathe real quick and use it to fasten the SRP pedal to the accelerator. I also drilled and tapped a second hole (8-32) into the accelerator and used button head Allen screws. I removed my pedal box to drill and tap the holes. What a pain that was. I forgot how much I hate working under a dash board. Today my backs paying for it lol.

TMO Supporting Vendors