The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes it is. I've driven his car and I can heel/toe 20x easier than the stock pedals. I'm going to have my car torn apart installing a roll bar in about a month so that would be a good time to install the pedals.

My only concern with the automatic brake pedal on the manual brake is the over hang on each side. If you got your feet tangled up in a panic situation and really applied the brakes the pedal cover could bend or come off if not attached securely. It's safer to have the gas pedal wider.

I think you'll be happy. In my opinion I would only drill and tap one 8-32 hole for the brake and clutch pedal cover. If you drill it in the center of the pedal arm there is about 1/4" of thickness to hold the covers on. With the pedal covers being arched it keeps the covers locked in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's all personal preference, but the gas pedals come in standard width (stock), 1/2" wider, 3/4" wider, and 1" wider. I'd go with the 1" wider and try that first. If you need it narrowed you can simply trim it to your liking.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Got my Auto-Blip installed today, pretty straight forward about an hour and a half. Mounted in the retractable sunglasses drawer, very slick.
Autoblip%202016_zpskkp5u9sv.jpg

Had to heel/toe at Watkins Glen last week and the rust showed, for a hack like me this device is probably worth half a second a lap.
Steve

8250RPM said:
I removed my clutch / brake pedal box today and finally installed my SRP pedals. Also installed the gas pedal. I re-arched the clutch and brake pedal to match the factory's. Then drilled and tapped one hole for each pedal. It's not going anywhere and very solid. For the gas pedal I made a delrin button and installed it into the gas pedal where the factory cover used to be. I know, I'm nuts. But I'm a mechanic / machinist. I also put Xpel on my head lights and front marker / turn signal lights. Next I'll be removing all the front and rear suspension to install the bearings and aluminum bushings. I'm considering a 4.09 gear also while I have it out.688c2f1dde6f05c624f44b478baf5d1e.jpg
Also installed the garage line spacer. Love it.
fdd11433dd4190fbfee3f3ce30fdc95b.jpga4d5aa9c4299b2c520da00de6c841c80.jpg7364d9fe31705b9e9f7aae6f48e5f378.jpg http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160515
/8d9a5e71e53c282e2d12a043f13010a7.jpgefd8b31f9e9e9230fa3d6b955746ef32.jpg57bf4a2b06c7db9e7f43b8008d689ceb.jpg
I am getting ready to install the SRP pedal covers on my GT350 too. Do you have any pointers to make the process easier? I will be doing mine with the pedals still in the car. It already seems like the dead pedal cover screws are going to be way too short. How do the factory covers come off? Thanks!

jlwdvm said:
I am getting ready to install the SRP pedal covers on my GT350 too. Do you have any pointers to make the process easier? I will be doing mine with the pedals still in the car. It already seems like the dead pedal cover screws are going to be way too short. How do the factory covers come off? Thanks!
There are some tips mounting them in a S197 in the thread below and most if not all of the info should apply to a S550 install. FWIW I'm going to install mine when I pull my front seats to install my roll bar. I'll install a Steeda clutch spring kit at the same time.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=2168.75

jlwdvm said:

the brake and clutch covers just pull off. they're hard to pull...I worked a screwdriver in behind them to help the first edge come off.
Only tip I'd give you is depress the clutch pedal with one hand while you drill with the other if you are hitting the underside of the dash with your drill (I was). and definitely do the pilot holes. I've seen different hole mountings (someone used only once bolt...some two...I used three). It'll make sense to you when you're down there. Oh, and do some yoga to limber up...and get a nice pad to put over the door sill otherwise your sides will be killing you.
you're going to love those pedals.

jlwdvm said:

Some drill 2 or 3 holes. Why I ask? It's a pain in the ass to drill 2 or 3 when 1 does great. Notice how I drilled mine. Just make sure you drill in the center of the pedal arm. I also tapped it instead of the use of a nut. When I drilled mine I went through the pedal pad and also the pedal arm (about 5/16"-3/8" thick) and red lock-tite. I have installed a total of 3 sets of these SRP pedals and none of them match the arch of the stock pedal pad, so I re-arced them all. Even if you don't re-arch them the single screw will lock them in place because the arch will not allow them to rotate or move. Plus I think it looks cleaner with one center screw then additional screws. Just my opinion. On the gas pedal I made a delrin button and also drilled and tapped it and on the second hole I drilled and tapped the pedal itself.
5218f4a980d729d1fa2087f6822137e9.jpg
9636fb3023d51d88e07baf487a24c3c6.jpg
c95daac52abd1b67afe061f04ce0333b.jpg
08c2ae027fafc98bb88d6b36ac569f0c.jpg

Did you have to get longer screws for the dead pedal? I'm gonna get the car up on the lift tomorrow night and do the first oil change (750 miles). Pedals will be after that. I got my Schroth 4-point ASM belt installed Saturday. 1st track day is a week from today! I'll probably be breaking the 1000 mile mark on the way to Autobahn!

I did my first oil change at 200 miles and used amsoil. I also cut my filter apart and found a ton of red and blue debris such as sealant. When I cut the filter apart I put the filter element into a container of clean fresh gas and filtered the oil filter then poured the gas into a sifted layers of clean cotton white rags. See pic below.
The screws that are supplied with SRP pedals are like a wood screws for the dead pedal, the clutch and brake pedal fasteners are machine Allen flat head screws. I removed the factory dead pedal from the carpet and used the 3 rectangle holes in the floor pan to hold the SRP dead pedal in place with push in plastic clip nuts and used matching Allen heads to fasten it.398de85532cd48d323a312fe2c47abed.jpg
37283b320bb5869d83dfe4517582afcf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had an amazing drive in the hill yesterday...was 'chased' down hwy 9 (very tight a twisty mountain road) by a beautiful 991 GT3. That guy pulled alongside when the road opened to 4 lanes and gave huge compliments on the R.

Then took the Boss out for a drive on the same route (to compare back-to-back) which made selling the Boss today a whole lot easier. It's a great car. The R is just greater-er. ;-)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Doing the Cool Tech rollbar install on Red 21. Not the most comfortable job and the sun is strong today. Got the major stuff done (drilling/fitting) now taking a break and will do the side panel mods and get the trim back in, Ford Performance GT350R rear seat delete will cap off the mod.
Steve
Rollbar%20install2_zpsqx6jpcyv.jpg
Rollbar%20install_zpsm7bvaksb.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors