The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Wally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
ArizonaBOSS said:
That's impressive that you "only" need -2* in the front with race rubber on the 350R. The rear camber must help quite a bit!

Yea, Also spring compression increases camber with this suspension -- not sure that was the case with the S197?

Moto said:
Here are my PSC2 with left -1.9 and right -2.0 measured without driver. 90 minutes on track with 5 cycles. By looks, I agree that 2.0 seems to not be enough but I measured twice coming off track and definitely had 8 deg f cooler on the outer edge on both tires. I may just continue to run them with this camber based on the wear I see.
422d32f781e1c4b646de2822d8c22f05.jpg
From the photo those look like they wore very evenly.

Are you using any tow hook for the front? Wondering if the Watson front will work with the GT350. http://shop.watsonracing.com/MUSTANG-LIGHTWEIGHT-TUBULAR-FRONT-BUMPER-2005-16-p/wr-17757-mb.htm

Any chance you are going to Autobahn this Monday?

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
jlwdvm said:
Are you using any tow hook for the front? Wondering if the Watson front will work with the GT350. http://shop.watsonracing.com/MUSTANG-LIGHTWEIGHT-TUBULAR-FRONT-BUMPER-2005-16-p/wr-17757-mb.htm

Any chance you are going to Autobahn this Monday?
I don't have a front hook yet -- Watson believe that their hook will work, but I think it will require modification to the radiator ducting -- not a mod I want to make.....

Will be at Mid Ohio, Monday with 3 Balls Racing.

Looking good.

When you have time how about a recap of how many track days you have in the GT350 and how consumable items are wearing including compared to the Boss and also any areas that you think need attention either from a longevity perspective or items that can be improved. Rotors are of particular interest to some of us. My impression from my one track day so far is that the car could be run hard all day and not complain.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
VoodooBOSS said:
Looking good.

When you have time how about a recap of how many track days you have in the GT350 and how consumable items are wearing including compared to the Boss and also any areas that you think need attention either from a longevity perspective or items that can be improved. Rotors are of particular interest to some of us. My impression from my one track day so far is that the car could be run hard all day and not complain.

So far consumable data looks good. Will post up next week, after Road America, this weekend -- at that point I should have 20 Track days on the GT350R against 92 days on the Boss 8)

Black Boss said:
So far consumable data looks good. Will post up next week, after Road America, this weekend -- at that point I should have 20 Track days on the GT350R against 92 days on the Boss 8)
Wow! I need to retire so I can catch up with you Nick! At least with the wedding out of the way it should get a little better.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Black Boss said:
Interesting that the wear patterns at 2.0* camber between Hoosier R7's and the PSC2's are very different:

IMG_2814_zpscu82xfiw.jpg

The R7's are wearing evenly, while it looks like the PSC2's need more camber. The Hoosiers have 7.5 hours of Track time and 15 cycles the PSC2's a little less at 5.6 hours of Track time and 13 cycles.

In case you weren't aware, like the PSS the PSC2 have a bi-compound tread. I think more pressure would help even the wear more than more camber for the PSC2s, like with the PSS in my experience.

Black Boss said:
Yea, Also spring compression increases camber with this suspension -- not sure that was the case with the S197?
Camber gain properties were certainly increased on the S550 using the double ball joint setup...and even more so for the GT350s, IIRC. S197 camber gain gets 'lost' when lowered much. It can only be regained somewhat or partially by using tall ball joints.

I'm not surprised that the GT350 doesn't need much static camber on the R7's.

Moto said:
Here are my PSC2 with left -1.9 and right -2.0 measured without driver. 90 minutes on track with 5 cycles. By looks, I agree that 2.0 seems to not be enough but I measured twice coming off track and definitely had 8 deg f cooler on the outer edge on both tires. I may just continue to run them with this camber based on the wear I see.
422d32f781e1c4b646de2822d8c22f05.jpg

That looks pretty good to me, Ron. Might not even need that much camber if the outer block is that much cooler. Street miles between track days might help even the wear a bit more.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
As some of you know, I had a wreck at Road America this weekend. I’ve had lot’s of PM’s, Texts and e-mails from friends and members on this site, concerned about how I am; Thank you!

The good news is that I walked away, a little sore, but absolutely fine. A testament to the crash capability of the S550 and the safety equipment I added.

The purpose of this post is to thank those who provided help and support both at and away from the track and to encourage anyone who seriously tracks their car to consider a Neck restraint, and Halo seat. I have absolutely no doubt that they allowed me to walk away without serious injury.

It’s always amazing how many people turn out to help with issues large or small at the track. As for the tiny minority who choose to take photos and post elsewhere, without asking, I will not comment.

At this point, I’m still not sure what caused the off, and what my plans are for the car, in the meantime the Boss will make it’s way back to the track.

Glad you're OK, that's the most important part.

I went off at Road Atlanta a couple of years ago now. Crunched the front corner of the car, air bags deployed. I can understand the frustration with the photos - when I got back from the care facility some woman was taking photos of the car. As I was climbing in it to see if it even still ran or held fluids, she kept taking photos. It was only after I paused for over 10 seconds, starring at her the whole time, that she stopped. Never asked how I was, never offered any sympathy or tried to start conversation. She was more concerned with getting what she needed to get some attention on her Facebook account at somebody else's expense. It's the only thing about my off that truly pissed me off.

Also glad to hear that you're getting back in the Boss for more track days. It's something that I think everybody at least thinks about, and asks if its still worth it to go back out there. For me, it was. And I'm glad you're in a position to do the same. Hopefully I'll see you at a track event sometime soon!

Black Boss said:
As some of you know, I had a wreck at Road America this weekend. I’ve had lot’s of PM’s, Texts and e-mails from friends and members on this site, concerned about how I am; Thank you!

The good news is that I walked away, a little sore, but absolutely fine. A testament to the crash capability of the S550 and the safety equipment I added.

The purpose of this post is to thank those who provided help and support both at and away from the track and to encourage anyone who seriously tracks their car to consider a Neck restraint, and Halo seat. I have absolutely no doubt that they allowed me to walk away without serious injury.

It’s always amazing how many people turn out to help with issues large or small at the track. As for the tiny minority who choose to take photos and post elsewhere, without asking, I will not comment.

At this point, I’m still not sure what caused the off, and what my plans are for the car, in the meantime the Boss will make it’s way back to the track.
First things first. Its excellent news to hear that you are doing fine and walked away from your accident. Everything after that is secondary to your health!!
You are 100% correct in stating that safety equipment is a MUST if you plan on tracking your car. The more you track it the more safety equipment you need. You never now when that moment will happen.
As for the help at the track. I'm sure we all think the same. If that were me I would want people to help being large or small. We are all out there for the love and desire of racing and being one with your car.
As for the photos being taken. That's going to happen where ever you go.With today's electronics like camera phones its going to always happen. Matter of fact TMO has a thread filled with post of cars that have wrecked called Man Down.
You are very popular with the fact that you have a GT350R and track it like theres no tomorrow.
In the mustang world of ownership you are somebody with a special car. Just like the Boss was when it first came out. The hot thread at that time was reading about another Boss wrecked and viewing the car. Is it right or wrong? Dont know!
I have no idea what was posted on FB sense I choose not to be a part of FB. Now if someone posted false comments of why you wrecked then the gloves are off.
Last of all its good news to hear that your heading back to the track with old faithfull>>>your 2012 LS.

So when your up to letting your TMO family know what took place please post up.
I learn so much from this site. Its what we all need who push there cars to the limit. You cant find info. anywhere else without the BS.
Reminds me of the show Drag Net. Just the facts man! Guess its an age thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oe2P49dRoU

Rest up and heal the body and be careful out there.

Motor On
Jerry T.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Big time bummer about the car but very glad to hear you are OK.

Many of us have been there and yeah it does suck. Fortunately, as you mentioned the safety gear did it's job--cars are replaceable, people are not.

Glad to here you are ok after what looks like one heck of a hard off! I saw the pictures Friday night on a Boss/GT350 owners group on Facebook. I knew exactly who's car it was when I saw the number on the side because I have been following your build thread.....which I then checked to see if you had posted anything. I couldn't believe some the remarks that had been said, and I am no longer a member of that group. There is a thread on Mustang6G as well that will have me removing my membership there too. It just goes to show what type of people join certain groups/forums. I am a member here and on several protouring forums where the quality of the members seems so much higher than most of the mustang forums....no cursing, egos, know-it-alls, scavengers, etc. Again, glad to here you are ok.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel