The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Wally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravo Nick! So happy for you sir.... Thank you for all the help you were to me -- getting me up and running, so to speak, in my R! The car is beautiful....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Cobrarob said:
In for reviews. Thinking about this weight saver mod next year!
Have Fun at VIR

@Cobrarob The new battery ran fine for 2 days at VIR. Braile recommend charging if the car isn't started for 2 weeks.

BGMotorsports said:
Bravo Nick! So happy for you sir.... Thank you for all the help you were to me -- getting me up and running, so to speak, in my R! The car is beautiful....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@BGMotorsports John, Glad to hear you love the car -- time for you to post some pics!! Look forward to seeing you at the track.
jlwdvm said:
What are you using for tow hooks?

@jlwdvm I'm using the Watson rear bumper bar & tow hook -- lighter than stock and the facia cut out is behind the plate.

Nice. Have you weighed them yet? ;)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I'd scrap any name like JR, Wally II, etc.

This new car is deserving of its own name.

Maybe a "Name the Red R" contest is in order? What ever you call it, it is one sweet Shelby GT350 R.

Love to see new pics of the car as well.

Best of luck,
302 Hi Pro

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
302 Hi Pro said:
I'd scrap any name like JR, Wally II, etc.

This new car is deserving of its own name.

Maybe a "Name the Red R" contest is in order? What ever you call it, it is one sweet Shelby GT350 R.

Love to see new pics of the car as well.

Best of luck,
302 Hi Pro

I get the origin of "Wally" from the wait for Gary's car and Nick's car, but this one should have a proper woman's name, if you're going to name it :)

Maybe Jessica... (think: Jessica Rabbit)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Will be interested to hear your comments on the Girodiscs , as we have sold those through our Motorsports Division and the guys are really good to work with. Agree that the slotted rotors should outshine the drilled. Always look forward to your comments , since you are definitely a hot shoe and we get realistic views on how things really wear and stand up to track use?!

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Ran Girodisc's on the Boss and loved them, as you say they are great to work with.

In other news, Wally will see the track again at some point in the future. :)

I have bought a Body in white, and Watson are putting a cage in it. It will then go to paint and then I will re-assemble using all the parts I can salvage from the original to build a Race Car -- should be a fun project, although it will obviously take some time. Will post photos soon -- the cage is part way in and should be done this week....

You should name your car Naomi.
Backwards it spells I-moan.
More like voodoo scream at full RPM

Or Rosie or even Sally.

But if it were my car and it was Red, you can't go wrong with Lucille!

https://youtu.be/wnY_Jb9bmCg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay Area
Black Boss said:
Ran Girodisc's on the Boss and loved them, as you say they are great to work with.

I have bought a Body in white, and Watson are putting a cage in it. It will then go to paint and then I will re-assemble using all the parts I can salvage from the original to build a Race Car -- should be a fun project, although it will obviously take some time. Will post photos soon -- the cage is part way in and should be done this week....

Congrats, lucky, I need your job. I like JR

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Black Boss said:

Great news on the Wally update. Question about the Body in White, Does it have a VIN, or can you transfer VIN's? Also, any thoughts on a modified Wally name? Wally 2.0, WallyMod?

Just glad to read you have a solid rebuild plan and you'll have it back at your shop soon!

2HP

TMO Supporting Vendors