The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
Gary you should be OK driving it back from the dealer, just have them adjust the turnbuckles on the splitter all the way down.
Come to think of it, I'm impressed you even know what a snow plow looks like ;D

Ordered brake ducts, tranny scoop and 302S grill. Not sure if I am going to paint the grill surround or just polish the plastic, since I would do it black anyways. Will know when I see it in person.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I think you'll be OK just leaving it unpainted, if you wanted it black. You'll pay to get it painted, then it will get all dinged up by rocks etc at the track.

My Boss is white, so I think the black will look good. I was going to paint whatever grill I got black anyways.

Anyone put on the brake ducts? It looks fairly straight forward in the instructions.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The part people usually complain about is getting the hoses onto the spindle ducts; we did this in less than 5 mins for both hoses by spraying a little WD40 inside the mating part of the hose, then pressing the spindle duct into the hose using a screwing motion.

Spindle duct is the new backing plate for the brakes? I don't like WD40 but I have some lard I can use. Sacrifices to the speed gods.

CaliMR said:
Spindle duct is the new backing plate for the brakes? I don't like WD40 but I have some lard I can use. Sacrifices to the speed gods.
Some install tips.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/boss-brake-cooling-kit-installation-tips/

Bookmarked, thanks.

The inserts you mentioned, is it the "foglight delete bezels"? Or is it something else? Nothing is coming up under the part number you gave. Or is it something to block off the holes when you are not on the track?

NM that, found the part. It is the bezel. Your car didn't have them? Did it just have holes there? It looks like you just drill out the stock ones.

texasmustang65 said:
CaliMR said:
My Boss is white, so I think the black will look good. I was going to paint whatever grill I got black anyways.

Anyone put on the brake ducts? It looks fairly straight forward in the instructions.

Not the best pics, but here is what the 302s looks like in black on on mine:
6887551377_8c0dafa2dc.jpg
02152012209 by texasmustang65, on Flickr
6887522981_94f7420ab7.jpg
02152012211 by texasmustang65, on Flickr
6887540565_263cca2d35.jpg
02152012208 by texasmustang65, on Flickr

tumblr_loxdgu4K6X1qllsn2o1_500.gif

Going that route for sure, looks mean.

Any of you brake duct guys add a mesh in there? Looks like I could just attach some wire mesh to the hole and hit it with JB weld or something. I want to mesh the bottom grill too, probably a good time when it is apart anyways.

The bezel isn't shown as included in the brake kit. Did you buy it directly from them? I went with latemodelrestoration since I had heard good things about them and I'm cheap.

CaliMR said:
The bezel isn't shown as included in the brake kit. Did you buy it directly from them? I went with latemodelrestoration since I had heard good things about them and I'm cheap.
It doesn't matter where you purchased them. Just call them and they will want you to email them a copy of your receipt. They shipped mine quickly once they received my email.

steveespo said:
9f0fe312.jpg
Carbon fiber/FRP decklid, really nice piece, shame to paint it but the top will be WB red and the rest Performance White with blackout vinyl. RTR aluminum spoiler.

Steve, where did you find the carbon fiber decklid? I've been looking for one for months.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel