The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great photos everyone.

Kojak that photo looks like an action shot from a TV show! :D

loco pantelonez said:
The website won't let me edit my previous post so here is the correct link.

ANrJ7PL.jpg

I'm feeling the same way about my wheels...I like the pics...Some questions:

Did you Plastidip them with the tires still on?
How many coats and how durable is it to rocks and such?
Is it true the Plastidip peels off pretty easily you want to?

Darth Boss said:
I'm feeling the same way about my wheels...I like the pics...Some questions:

Did you Plastidip them with the tires still on?
How many coats and how durable is it to rocks and such?
Is it true the Plastidip peels off pretty easily you want to?

I painted the wheels with the tires still on them. A trick I saw was to use a box of 100 post cards. If you place the post cards overlapped one another you can paint right up to the edge and still not get paint on the tires. I put layers of painters tape to cover the inside of the wheels from overspray. I painted the wheels and the front grill with two cans of plastidip which I got four coats out of. I still need to put another three or four coats on. I would get 3 cans for just the wheels. It has scratched off in someplaces. Touch up work should be pretty easy. It gives up a fight but it does peel off.

TMO Supporting Vendors