The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kato64 said:
So I was just told by the dealer that my car is finished "decaling", has been returned to plant and is awaiting shipment. Apparently, after your car is built and is released from the plant the process is not quite complete. I thought released from plant meant it had its stripes already. If my dealer is wrong about this please let me know.

This is what I'm seeing:
Awaiting Shipment - Returned to Plant (Autoport Limited ) - Flat Rock, MI - Mar-02-2012, 07:05 ET

Your dealer may be correct, but I'm thinking they are doing some qualtiy checks before they "release" for shipping. I don't think there will be any changes posted until after the weekend, so I'll look Monday evening for any updates.

jmbboss302 said:
kato64 said:
So I was just told by the dealer that my car is finished "decaling", has been returned to plant and is awaiting shipment. Apparently, after your car is built and is released from the plant the process is not quite complete. I thought released from plant meant it had its stripes already. If my dealer is wrong about this please let me know.

This is what I'm seeing:
Awaiting Shipment - Returned to Plant (Autoport Limited ) - Flat Rock, MI - Mar-02-2012, 07:05 ET

Your dealer may be correct, but I'm thinking they are doing some qualtiy checks before they "release" for shipping. I don't think there will be any changes posted until after the weekend, so I'll look Monday evening for any updates.
Mine was returned to plant after it was completed and I don't think that's normal. Mine spent a couple of days back in the plant (I think Ford was doing some top secret mods to make my Boss faster ;) ) and once if was released it shipped immediately. Prior to that mine sat at ramp 51 for two weeks. :'(

The photo is probably an LS (with "machined" surfaces). The reg Boss302, at least from what I can gleen from public & Ford info, will have all black wheels same as the 2012 model year. The wheels shown are very expensive as an mod. I would like to have them on my future 2013 regular Boss 302, but probably not to be (unless someone with an LS wants to make a trade with additional cash, of course). Let me know if anyone interested but I am not hanging out at my PC expecting any offers.

Bossfan said:
The photo is probably an LS (with "machined" surfaces). The reg Boss302, at least from what I can gleen from public & Ford info, will have all black wheels same as the 2012 model year. The wheels shown are very expensive as an mod. I would like to have them on my future 2013 regular Boss 302, but probably not to be (unless someone with an LS wants to make a trade with additional cash, of course). Let me know if anyone interested but I am not hanging out at my PC expecting any offers.
Are they different than these wheels? I bought them for my regular Boss for $949 shipped for the set of 4. Looks like they've maybe gone up $50 since then.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/M1007DC199LGB/2005-12-Mustang-Ford-Racing-19X9-Boss-Front-Black-Wheel

*edit* looks like maybe the '13 LS wheels are matte not gloss black?

cloud9 said:
Bossfan said:
Are they different than these wheels? I bought them for my regular Boss for $949 shipped for the set of 4. Looks like they've maybe gone up $50 since then.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/M1007DC199LGB/2005-12-Mustang-Ford-Racing-19X9-Boss-Front-Black-Wheel

The wheels are low gloss sterling grey to match the spoiler, mirrors and reflective stripes.

askjeffro said:
There is no doubt, that pic is an LS.

LS wheels, simpler striping, gray accents, it hits all the check boxes.

One other reason I believe these are pre-production cars is the white decals on the windscreen. I've only ever seen those on testing cars, not on ones for sale. Things could have changed though.

427mustang

68fb42769scj88drag car2012BossYB838 LS 760 SILVER
CHRIS FORD PERFORMANCE BOYS MAY BE WRIGHT AFTER ALL,CONCERNING PRODUCTION START UP ON THE LS CAR 2013.ANY WORD ON LAST INGOT SILVER 2012 LS YET? GARY

cloud9 said:
Bossfan said:

Yep, that's them. Price has gone up just like the Boss 302 has gone up at about $2000.00. Thanks for part number.

JMB, I know It's only been about 10 days since I ordered mine, but would you be willing to check on my order ?

Oreder date: 2/23/12
Dlr code: f21222
Order #: 5898
Priority: 22
Car: '13 GHIG Boss

Thanks,
Frank

RoushF150 said:
JMP. When it rains it pours. I have a VIN# and would love to know the status.

1ZVBP8CU1D5201686

Only if you have time. Thanks.

As of March 2nd, it was in the "Body Shop" in production.

93 LX 5.0 said:
JMB, I know It's only been about 10 days since I ordered mine, but would you be willing to check on my order ?

Oreder date: 2/23/12
Dlr code: f21222
Order #: 5898
Priority: 22
Car: '13 GHIG Boss

Thanks,
Frank

Your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold".

That was fast ! Again thank you for checking. I will do my best to try and wait more than 10 days before I even think about bothering you for another update. Just kind of excited, 1st new car in 19 yrs and it's a BOSS *\o/*.

Frank

TMO Supporting Vendors