The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRost said:
The NASA event next weekend at MPH is my intentions. Nothing like a TT event to break in a new motor :D
Or a new clutch and gearbox. If both our cars are still off the trailer come Sunday morning I'll consider it a successful event.

cloud9 said:
George has a huge warehouse near the track that would probably be an option if you need a place to leave your rig. Just let us me know if you want me to check with him. Nearest airports are Omaha or Lincoln which are 150 and 100 miles respectively.

Thanks Gary

**Ford Participation Update**

So far we have:

1. Todd Soderquist CD4 Platform Program Manager (Mustang Planner at the time the current Boss program launched) He will be there with his dad and they'll be driving the 2012 Black LS LS022 and 2013 SBY LS LS022

2. Chuck Drake - Mustang Vehicle Engineering Leader - He is actually bringing 3 family bosses including his father and brother.

So far we have two father/son Ford teams coming!

They are still developing the list and will provide updates as available. Let's get your registrations in guys!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Doug and Todd both won Trophies last year ..................hmmmm, maybe we can institute a Ford Father and Son shootout with the Soderquists against the Drakes?

Be sure to drill them on the clutch and trans issues. ;)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
**Ford Participation Update**

So far we have:

1. Todd Soderquist CD4 Platform Program Manager (Mustang Planner at the time the current Boss program launched) He will be there with his dad and they'll be driving the 2012 Black LS LS022 and 2013 SBY LS LS022

2. Chuck Drake - Mustang Vehicle Engineering Leader - He is actually bringing 3 family bosses including his father and brother.

They are still developing the list and will provide updates as available. Let's get your registrations in guys!

Where is MWilson7?

Yup... calling him out!

:)

drano38

Wayne
Got my hotel room reserved for the weekend.

Not able to join the cheatin bastages for the early weekends.
Still looking forward to a great weekend.

We had a great time at MPH last weekend. Bill, Kevin and John were showing off how they got even faster than last year and did really well in TT 8) It was fun for me to participate in my first TT event and will definitely plan on doing that again. The track has LOTS of fresh rubber down and should be in great shape for the Roundup. We also had a blast on the Bacardi Bus on Saturday night and if you missed that last year you WON'T want to miss it again. It's like nothing you've ever experienced, but of course George is one of a kind. You'd pay at least $100 for a ticket to a comedy club and be half as entertained!

I've heard from many of you that plan to attend but really encourage you to get your hotel reservations made. We're trying to finalize plans for trophies, food, logistics, transponders, etc and really need those registrations in to George so we can plan adequately for everyone.

Everyone that went last year can tell you how cool it was to "take over" Hastings with Mustangs and how much fun we had the entire weekend. This year's event is shaping up to be even better so quit thinking about it and get online and register!

Here's the link: http://www.racemph.com/schedule/mustang-roundup-boss-reunion-2013-2/

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Key for old guys -----------------CHECK OUT THE LINK AS YOU CAN NOW REGISTER BY FAX OR SNAILMAIL ! No I am not yelling, I am just helping the other old farts that can't read this dinky print, and letting them know they can screw registering online , and do it the old fashioned , comfortable , easy, basic way , as in the past.

George did it for us old geezers -- fax or mail in registrations. Now that is really user friendly and there will be a group of us AARP members challenging these young whippersnappers, so don't want to hear no damn excuse that you couldn't figure out how to register. Sign up and I will be happy to tell you about this guy named Chad from South Dakota who is so absent minded he leaves a full cooler of beer around and doesn't even miss any when you ,er, bother a bottle or two. He has a full blown case of Beerheimers, so register and I will promise to tell you where he leaves his cooler --- this secret only eligible for those with AARP cards, and your will need to show proof for acceptance of free cereal malt beverages.

We have set the trophies for the event and there are lots of ways to win!

We will have three racing competitions including Autocross, Drag Racing and Road Racing. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd (except drags) place trophies for each competition. There will also be a Top Pony Award for the most combined points in all three competitions. There will be four classes for cars competing in the racing competition as follows:

STOCK
MODIFIED
RACE
SN95

In addition to the on track competition, we will also have awards for the following categories:

Best Paint

Best Boss

Best Engine

Best GT500

Best Vintage

68 & Older

Best Vintage

69 & Newer

People's Choice Vintage

People's Choice Modern

Top 5 Car Show

We have also added awards for the person traveling the FURTHEST. There will be four awards for North, South, East and West. That means guys like stevespo, PeteInCT, or VTBoss for example should be coming to lay claim to the East, Rick, Drew or Grant for example from the West, any one of our Canadian friends from the North to edge out John :), or YellowBoss or zquez from the South.

Really looking forward to a GREAT event guys (and gals :D) 8)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting all the good stuff Gary. Easy for folks to see this is an event for everyone , with trophies in a multitude of categories for all types of participants to those into car shows, to drags, to track time, to the guy/gal that wants to do all of it!!

Easy to see why so many make this a must make event in their automotive calendar!

drano38

Wayne
I signed up today, after confirming I could get the time off from work.
Should be a great time at the 3rd Roundup.
Looking forward to seeing old friends (not talking about your age Bill ;)), and see the new participants also.
Looking forward to another great event from George and the Roundup crew.

I am finalizing details for my trip to Nebraska, and am wondering what insurance company you are using. (For those of you who have purchased insurance for this specific event) I spoke with a representative from ON-Track and he will not insure me for the Sunday events, since he sees it as timed racing. He was okay with the Friday and Saturday events. I have a request in to Lockton Motorsports, hope to hear from them tomorrow.

Bruce

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel