The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 @4o6racing Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
They are doing some very nice cage work down there. "Fabman Approved". lol.
Their computer design process and attention to detail are what sold me. They will 3D scan the interior with and without the headliner & trim panels. From there they will CAD the layouts to get the bars out as close to the shell as possible. This will be a great improvement for taller drivers vs the kits currently available.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Their computer design process and attention to detail are what sold me. They will 3D scan the interior with and without the headliner & trim panels. From there they will CAD the layouts to get the bars out as close to the shell as possible. This will be a great improvement for taller drivers vs the kits currently available.
I am not a man that's easily impressed, and I very rarely see cage work this good.
Very rarely.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Well that's why i want.. looks custom but its bolt in.
Here’s their bolt-in design. Main hoop is much tighter to the headliner then others on the market

IMG_2613.jpeg

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Good stuff. Obviously you're getting pro assembly by them, but I really like how the kit is laid out with all the printed ovals and numbered tubes. It's a real nice touch that makes it easy to assemble even for those of us who went to public schools.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Looks amazing, I’m surprised they say the dash doesn’t need to be removed
They left mine in for the entire build. Mostly because of the wiring, which tunnels through areas and they determined it would take more time to sort out the wiring than just loosening the dash enough to work around it.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
They left mine in for the entire build. Mostly because of the wiring, which tunnels through areas and they determined it would take more time to sort out the wiring than just loosening the dash enough to work around it.
That's incredible that they managed that. I've been planning out when I can get a cage installed and I thought for sure I'd have to pull it for them. Great news!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Looks amazing, I’m surprised they say the dash doesn’t need to be removed
The down side of doing it that way is....look how low the dash bar is. :confused:
Kind of a knee knocker.....but you can't have everything. Always compromises to be made, its the nature of the sport.
The rest of it looks great.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
This looks beautiful. Are you planning to do some ST racing with NASA now? I can't wait to see it in person.
Thanks Ricky. No firm plans at the moment, but quickly removing the obstacles to being WTW legal. Really just a cutoff switch, fire suppression system and some containment nets from being legal now. I took the weight penalty and had them install the .120” wall tubing that NASA requires for 3000#+ cars.

TMO Supporting Vendors