The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway February 18th and 19th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK I talked to Mickey today about registration. For those guys bringing your own cars you can register for one or two days at $300 per day. If you want an instructor, he suggests splitting one between two guys for the day and that's $250 per person per day ($500 for the instructor for the day).

Right now they don't have online registration setup so you need to call Renee at the office at 760-227-3100 or you can email her at [email protected]

Please try and get signed up as soon as possible to help Mickey plan for the event.

Thanks!
Gary

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'll sign up as soon as I can decide 1 or 2 days. Was there any word on number of sessions and run time?

Anybody want to sell me their instructor for 1 session? :D

And if I bring the lowest powered car (412hp '11 GT) I should be at the back of the pack, right? :p

ArizonaGT said:
Used to my nice cheap $340 weekends out here in AZ...we are spoiled :)

Just depends where and what group you run. $90/day out at Streets of Willow with Extreme Speed. $300+/day for most that run at Laguna Seca.

Grant 302 said:
I'll sign up as soon as I can decide 1 or 2 days. Was there any word on number of sessions and run time?

Anybody want to sell me their instructor for 1 session? :D

And if I bring the lowest powered car (412hp '11 GT) I should be at the back of the pack, right? :p

Just depends where and what group you run. $90/day out at Streets of Willow with Extreme Speed. $300+/day for most that run at Laguna Seca.
Their "base" plan is 4 30 minute sessions but Mickey assured me we'd get a lot more time than that ;) He said "we want to make it fun for you guys".

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cloud9 said:
Their "base" plan is 4 30 minute sessions but Mickey assured me we'd get a lot more time than that ;) He said "we want to make it fun for you guys".

Cool, thanks. Just want to make sure I bring enough tire tread to last the day(s) I purchase! Would suck to run out early...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Are you guys planning both days? Mickey asked if I could give him a heads up on car count.

Sorry for the late reply--yes we will run both days! I'll get the registration underway soon

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
byronj said:
I went to the website and didnt see where to sign up and I EFFIN blind or something?

See Gary's first post on this page.

Grant 302 said:
Along with me. Bring your Boss so I'll have more of an excuse for bringing up the rear. ;)

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Hah. Given my operational status with my car, I'm pretty sure I'll be found in the pits with wrenches sprawled everywhere.

I can't wait to go, and I hope its the CCW configuration, as I ran it way back when I first bought my car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYG0axawVY&list=UUhiBbgw-aChkwMVSKvcEWWw&index=81

Be interesting to see what two years of driver and car development have yielded.

ArizonaGT said:
Sorry for the late reply--yes we will run both days! I'll get the registration underway soon
Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing both your cars after all the mods. I've been following Chris' build and it looks to be quite the machine. I'd love to get my car out there, but no way I'm trailering 1700 miles in the winter. ::) It will be fun to meet some of you guys in person and am looking forward to raising hell in the desert for a couple days in my "Avis" rental :D

captdistraction said:
Hah. Given my operational status with my car, I'm pretty sure I'll be found in the pits with wrenches sprawled everywhere.

I can't wait to go, and I hope its the CCW configuration, as I ran it way back when I first bought my car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYG0axawVY&list=UUhiBbgw-aChkwMVSKvcEWWw&index=81

Be interesting to see what two years of driver and car development have yielded.
Mickey and I talked about running CW this morning Chris. Hope that's ok? ??? It will be like a new track for you then :)

I am signed up for both days. Renee had to work out the details with Mickey and it sounds like Gary was talking to them today at the same time, so I got exactly the same info for the Instructors when she called me back. I told her that I would be happy listening to the in class coaching that you four are doing (if thats ok) and she said that would be fine.
I also asked if I could drop the car off on the way through on Sunday and she said no problem as long as it is before 500pm.
I am staying at the Fantasy Springs as they have a great Sunday-Thurday special rate of $78 on their Specials page (thats 50% discount).

motoviper said:
I am signed up for both days. Renee had to work out the details with Mickey and it sounds like Gary was talking to them today at the same time, so I got exactly the same info for the Instructors when she called me back. I told her that I would be happy listening to the in class coaching that you four are doing (if thats ok) and she said that would be fine.
I also asked if I could drop the car off on the way through on Sunday and she said no problem as long as it is before 500pm.
I am staying at the Fantasy Springs as they have a great Sunday-Thurday special rate of $78 on their Specials page (thats 50% discount).
Good deal. Thanks for posting up the hotel info as well. No problem listening in on the coaching sessions. We talked about the "in class" session being done during lunch as most of our time will be on track. When I was talking to Mickey I said I was mainly looking to just go have fun on track and it sounds like he'll be pretty adaptive to make things work for us having a good time and being much less formal than a typical school.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
cloud9 said:
Mickey and I talked about running CW this morning Chris. Hope that's ok? ??? It will be like a new track for you then :)

Either config works for me, or if you guys are doing two days, why not try both?

I'll be there in January with NASA, and they're running CCW. My interest in that direction was just to have a direct comparison to my last visit.

Additionally, I was out there weekend before last. Got onto grid, all suited up, but didn't make it on track. Lemons racers often leave you with not a lot of reward for large amounts of hard work. Especially Audi ones.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Could do one config on day one and another on day two...although the downside here is you don't get the really focused learning like you do running the same config both days.

Sent in my registration stuff a few mins ago.

I just sent a fax to Reene with my entry for the 18th only, with no instruction. For those of you that haven't been here before I think you will find this to be a very fun track.
Mickey, the owner runs a first class facility. The odds of it being sunny and about 60 to 75 degrees is 99.9%. Paul

BOSSBAD said:
I just sent a fax to Reene with my entry for the 18th only, with no instruction. For those of you that haven't been here before I think you will find this to be a very fun track.
Mickey, the owner runs a first class facility. The odds of it being sunny and about 60 to 75 degrees is 99.9%. Paul
This could turn into quite the shindig. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors