The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin said:
what are people doing for a CAI elbow? does the one for a 2010 fit?

Basically just something like this until the FRPP one comes out.

486403_10151864715983712_1941033135_n.jpg

Right now he is looking for an actual CJ elbow

NFSBOSS said:
Tell us more and who do you work with/for or what shop do you own?

I work for a company called Synapse Motorsport in Scotia, NY. Mainly the shop does honda and tuner stuff but, My boss just bought a 2010 SS Camaro that we are full trak preping and developing twin turbo system for a we are doing R&D on My Boss 302 i just purchased. The owner has a World Challenge car he runs sometimes but it mostly sits. We can really make or build anything its just a matter of if the interest is out there. I had my car at work for 25 minutes my first day having it and we had it on the dyno right away. Oh, it made 399whp and 350trq bone stock on a dyna pack system. Mainly we do turbo charger manifolds, exhaust components, roll cages etc. i dont want to cross lines of being a member to a vendor just yet so if i have poste to much, please feel free to edit my post. But yeah, if there is enough interest we can make a 4 Inch cold air intake either closed box fed or just open. Carbon fiber molds are also possible. Again, all depends on interest.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm glad to see my Airaid CAI will work with the CJ intake. ;D Do you know who this car belongs to?

This one belongs to a guy that goes by the name of Kdanner. That is actually a Boss crate engine that he is running. He is actually a really good guy and pretty damn knowledgeable about what he does and is running mid 10s on a N/A car.

I wish the Ford Racing CAI would have been able to utilize the 123 or 140mm MAF though, that would have been pretty badass if you ask me and as Ford Racing has been saying the more air they were able to put into the IM the better power it made.

Updates :D

1. The strut bar does fit (I have Steeda's motor mounts)
2. And the intake tube looks amazing, better than the CF in the picture and functional.
3. Numbers this afternoon, on the dyno right now.

Regards,

Manuel

BOSSPOWER said:

2. And the intake tube looks amazing, better than the CF in the picture and functional.

Regards,

Manuel

Make sure you get us those numbers, dyno sheet and mods please ;D ;D ;D. Don't forget about us lol

BOSSPOWER said:

Regards,

Manuel

Who made the intake tube and can it be bought yet?

Next step would be ported-increased-flow heads. I think that's where I would stop. Should be making 500+ RWHP....dreamy :)

ArizonaGT said:
What *ACTUAL* information do we have on this intake and intake tube setup on an otherwise stock BOSS engine?

Hope to get you guys as much information as I can once PBH finishes my car.

Manuel

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Awesome power!

DG, I meant WITHOUT cams etc, just a stock boss engine w/ the CJ intake and new tune. I'm not going to drop the coin on all the BS for the Cam swap.

TMO Supporting Vendors