The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 News and Predictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlwdvm said:
That guy might have been me on another site:) I'll be placing my order on May 11th. All of these guys complaining about ADM should call dealers in the midwest! I have been emailing my guy at the dealership about various dates/rumors I have been seeing online. This is the first solid date they have confirmed.

Care to share a good dealer to visit? You can share via PM if that helps? I'm in houston but will travel if necessary. One of the four houston area dealerships I've contacted just sent me this:

"I'm not certain what the dealership is planning on doing but typically there is a market adjustment to the price once the vehicle arrives. Considering the extremely limited nature of the vehicle it's usually between 15,000 to 20,000 over MSRP."

No thanks Autonation Katy. I told him politely I will shop elsewhere but let me know if they change their mind. Said there should be about 5000 of them and if I have to wait or go out of state I will.

May 11 sounds about right for the ordering bank opening if you believe that they'll be building cars in late '15 (be that the '16's or the rumored small run of '15's)...but I certainly wouldn't take one-guy-at-one-dealerships's word for it. I'm not suggesting malice, btw, I just know how the flow of info works in this particular system so I know that people 'know' and communicate stuff for reasons that may not be accurate (let alone aligned with buyer's interests).

No matter what the date, I'm having a hard time waiting.

Backorder said:
Care to share a good dealer to visit? You can share via PM if that helps? I'm in houston but will travel if necessary. One of the four houston area dealerships I've contacted just sent me this:

"I'm not certain what the dealership is planning on doing but typically there is a market adjustment to the price once the vehicle arrives. Considering the extremely limited nature of the vehicle it's usually between 15,000 to 20,000 over MSRP."

No thanks Autonation Katy. I told him politely I will shop elsewhere but let me know if they change their mind. Said there should be about 5000 of them and if I have to wait or go out of state I will.

mark-ups are old-school bullshit.

fuhrius said:
mark-ups are old-school bullshit.

Ok so sorry if I go a bit off topic...my reply to him was:

"Thanks for the info james.

I appreciate the honesty, but I will not be paying market adjustment. Whether that means I wait longer for one or even have to find it out of state, I'm sure there will be plenty of dealers willing to make a deal. Production numbers will be at least 5000/yr so I don't think I'll have too much trouble if I let he hype die down.

If banks open and the dealership changes its mind, let me know."

Was I an arse? I didn't think so...his response was quick:

"Best of luck to you and don't count on it"

Autonation ford katy - James Purdy

I WAS going to give them he benefit of he doubt and let them run their business however they see fit but that response was uncalled for. What a D...

The Z/28's went from $20K markup to $20K discount in six months. Are there were a lot less made, be patient and shop around. Fuhrius has some Ford contacts here in CA. Send him a PM.

fuhrius said:
May 11 sounds about right for the ordering bank opening if you believe that they'll be building cars in late '15 (be that the '16's or the rumored small run of '15's)...but I certainly wouldn't take one-guy-at-one-dealerships's word for it. I'm not suggesting malice, btw, I just know how the flow of info works in this particular system so I know that people 'know' and communicate stuff for reasons that may not be accurate (let alone aligned with buyer's interests).

No matter what the date, I'm having a hard time waiting.
I didn't believe anything I read here or anywhere else until I heard it directly from my dealer. I contacted 3 dealers: the one I bought my Boss from....I was already 3rd on their list even though I contacted them in early December (I smell BS); the 2nd local dealer was clueless...when I mentioned GT350 they thought I was talking about a regular GT; the 3rd dealer was willing to do a little research and did their part to get an allocation...they got my business! The problem people will be having now is that if you want to call around to smaller dealers (plenty in eastern Iowa and western Illinois, they probably didn't get paperwork filed by the end of February to reserve their allocation. No paper work and $1000 payment to Ford...no GT350.

jlwdvm said:
I didn't believe anything I read here or anywhere else until I heard it directly from my dealer. I contacted 3 dealers: the one I bought my Boss from....I was already 3rd on their list even though I contacted them in early December (I smell BS); the 2nd local dealer was clueless...when I mentioned GT350 they thought I was talking about a regular GT; the 3rd dealer was willing to do a little research and did their part to get an allocation...they got my business! The problem people will be having now is that if you want to call around to smaller dealers (plenty in eastern Iowa and western Illinois, they probably didn't get paperwork filed by the end of February to reserve their allocation. No paper work and $1000 payment to Ford...no GT350.
what I'm telling you is that you might not want to believe what you hear from your 'dealer' either. A 'Dealer,' in car business parlance, is the person who owns the dealership. There's a difference between talking to the 'dealer' and talking to someone who works in the dealership. Info flow is sometimes not perfect...and neither are motives.
If you're not talking to someone that a) has access to the right information and b) you trust...then I certainly wouldn't believe what you're hearing.
Separate point on ADM's: as I said before, it's old-school bullshit. I favor the 'one-price' / 'no-haggle' dealerships...I think that's how dealerships should do business. Now, if they want to 'one-price' it at MSRP, that's their business. Over that it BS. The dealership where I buy my Fords is 'one price' and NEVER has ADM's.
My advice is always the same and it's not rocket science...find a dealership run by good people and give them your business (not just haggling over specialty vehicles...buy your other cars / trucks there too)...treat them well and they'll reciprocate. I hear the term 'stealership' bantied about and it's certainly true that iffy business practices has been practiced over the years at some dealerships, but the notion that the retailer is a crook if they make some money selling a vehicle to you is complete nonsense.

Off that rant and onto timing...I haven't heard from my dealer that may 11 is the day so it's highly suspect in my book. Unless the dealer that told you that has access to better information than the dealer that I deal with (or that my dealer is less willing to share that with me than yours is with you)...but I'm doubting that that's the case.
As stated before...it sounds reasonable.

Backorder said:
Ok so sorry if I go a bit off topic...my reply to him was:

"Thanks for the info james.

I appreciate the honesty, but I will not be paying market adjustment. Whether that means I wait longer for one or even have to find it out of state, I'm sure there will be plenty of dealers willing to make a deal. Production numbers will be at least 5000/yr so I don't think I'll have too much trouble if I let he hype die down.

If banks open and the dealership changes its mind, let me know."

Was I an arse? I didn't think so...his response was quick:

"Best of luck to you and don't count on it"

Autonation ford katy - James Purdy

I WAS going to give them he benefit of he doubt and let them run their business however they see fit but that response was uncalled for. What a D...

Your response was not out of line but his certainly was. A good response if you want to play with him would be, "good luck selling your allocation for $15-20k over MSRP but don't count on it. I will take my business to a dealers that is reasonable and more professional."

Yeah, I'm gonna enjoy scanning the sale paper work of my MSRP car and sending it to him. It's not impossible, but unfortunately he knows his dealership will likely sell most of them at that price to people with too much money and no common sense.

That's a great idea! There will be plenty of dealers selling at MSRP (possibly below after 6-12 months). I will never forget the look on my dealer's face and what he said when I asked the sales manager about the price when I ordered my 2012 Boss..."why would we ever charge more than MSRP? Any dealership that does that is just greedy". I gave him my down payment 2 minutes later and will be contacting them again when I'm ready for a GT350 (or any other new vehicle).

fuhrius said:
what I'm telling you is that you might not want to believe what you hear from your 'dealer' either. A 'Dealer,' in car business parlance, is the person who owns the dealership. There's a difference between talking to the 'dealer' and talking to someone who works in the dealership. Info flow is sometimes not perfect...and neither are motives.
If you're not talking to someone that a) has access to the right information and b) you trust...then I certainly wouldn't believe what you're hearing.
Separate point on ADM's: as I said before, it's old-school bullshit. I favor the 'one-price' / 'no-haggle' dealerships...I think that's how dealerships should do business. Now, if they want to 'one-price' it at MSRP, that's their business. Over that it BS. The dealership where I buy my Fords is 'one price' and NEVER has ADM's.
My advice is always the same and it's not rocket science...find a dealership run by good people and give them your business (not just haggling over specialty vehicles...buy your other cars / trucks there too)...treat them well and they'll reciprocate. I hear the term 'stealership' bantied about and it's certainly true that iffy business practices has been practiced over the years at some dealerships, but the notion that the retailer is a crook if they make some money selling a vehicle to you is complete nonsense.

Off that rant and onto timing...I haven't heard from my dealer that may 11 is the day so it's highly suspect in my book. Unless the dealer that told you that has access to better information than the dealer that I deal with (or that my dealer is less willing to share that with me than yours is with you)...but I'm doubting that that's the case.
As stated before...it sounds reasonable.
I have relayed a lot of rumors about what I have been hearing about the GT350 since Jaunary to my contact at the dealership. He runs everything by the general manager before getting back to me. Everything I have told him has been passed off as just rumors until now. He let me know that order banks will open on May 11. I have an appointment to be at the dealer that day to make my order. I see no reason for him or the general manager to lie about it. That would only make them took like morons.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm under the impression that dealers have official communication about the GT350. It sounded a little SVT-like training or qualification of limited personnel. IOW, I think each dealer does need to pay to play.

Unfortunately, I'm getting this from a dealer where there will be ADMs and they will get them... at least for the first ones.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Yes, it's all about supply and demand, many Dealers will charge ADM's and some will not, but IMO one will have to search for them.

Once the GT350 is out there and some of the newness wears off, they will be more reasonalble, if and when supply catches up with demand.

But if you want to be the first kid on the block with a new GT350, chances are, you will have to pay.

Dave
302HP

Grant 302 said:
I'm under the impression that dealers have official communication about the GT350. It sounded a little SVT-like training or qualification of limited personnel. IOW, I think each dealer does need to pay to play.

I can confirm that they do have official communications on program requirements (fees, training requirements, etc) and that, by enrolling, they are guaranteed one gt350 per year. Allocations beyond that will be driven by share-of-nation Mustang sales. (there more mustangs the dealership sells, the more gt350's they'll get). No information, that I'm aware of, has been shared on production volumes.

Unfortunately, I'm getting this from a dealer where there will be ADMs and they will get them... at least for the first ones.

Which dealer are you referring to?

Grant 302 said:

I can confirm that they do have official communications on program requirements (fees, training requirements, etc) and that, by enrolling, they are guaranteed one gt350 per year. Allocations beyond that will be driven by share-of-nation Mustang sales. (the more mustangs the dealership sells, the more gt350's they'll get). No information, that I'm aware of, has been shared on production volumes

Combined audio recorded of Jim Owens at TWS: https://youtu.be/-YxbZocOALk

Cliffnotes available at http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20047

Which are (copied from 6G):

The Avalanche Gray GT350 at Texas World Speedway is the first technical trial (TT) build GT350 that has been shown, built with non-production tools.

GT350 will be legitimately, well over 500 horsepower (not just by a few horsepowers) with a 8250 redline.

"We haven't divulged the model year yet and there is a reason for that."

It will be available "earlier in the fourth quarter."

There will be a GT350S race car that is covered by a contractual agreement between Ford and Shelby American.

Q: Any truth to the track times floating on the internet? A: "It would be safe to say it would be somewhere between a Boss 302 number and the current GT500 production number and I wouldn’t be surprised if the R might be akin to [the difference between] the Boss 302 and Leguna Seca version."

Pricing proposal is being submitted to the Group VP on April 2, 2015.

It will be a "relative performance value... not saying it will be cheap" but "it will have things in the car that you can't get at any price" (i.e. 5.2L flat plane crank engine).

Ford will market the vehicle by showcasing it running on world famous North American road courses. Possibly Leguna Seca, Road America, Watkins Glen, Sebring, Lime Rock, etc. "What made the Cobras famous was that it went to world class race facilities and beat everything it could."

There may be a GT350 Mustang Track Attack program (see Boss Track Attack program).

When they go on tour, the GT350 will be displayed flipped on its side with clear plastic belly pans with arrows to show the airflow to showcase the entire air management system and the strides it made to reduce drag coefficient and increase downforce.

Tech pack includes: heated/cooled seats, 8.5" screen, Sync 3 and other creature comforts while getting the same brakes, MagneRide, same calibration, same horsepower.

Track pack includes: smaller screen, Recaro seats, bigger functional wing.

"We haven't divulged the model year yet and there is a reason for that."
2015.5?

It will be available "earlier in the fourth quarter."

yeah.

There will be a GT350S race car that is covered by a contractual agreement between Ford and Shelby American.

Shelby American?

Q: Any truth to the track times floating on the internet? A: "It would be safe to say it would be somewhere between a Boss 302 number and the current GT500 production number and I wouldn’t be surprised if the R might be akin to [the difference between] the Boss 302 and Leguna Seca version."

WTF. Sounds like that was an answer to a production number question...not a lap time question. It couldn't be that the new platform plus all the gt350 goodness is somewhere between a boss and gt500 lap time (even in a 'safe' answer way)

Pricing proposal is being submitted to the Group VP on April 2, 2015.

My son's birthday. that's a good sign.

It will be a "relative performance value... not saying it will be cheap" but "it will have things in the car that you can't get at any price" (i.e. 5.2L flat plane crank engine).

Ford will market the vehicle by showcasing it running on world famous North American road courses. Possibly Leguna Seca, Road America, Watkins Glen, Sebring, Lime Rock, etc. "What made the Cobras famous was that it went to world class race facilities and beat everything it could."

There may be a GT350 Mustang Track Attack program (see Boss Track Attack program).

When they go on tour, the GT350 will be displayed flipped on its side with clear plastic belly pans with arrows to show the airflow to showcase the entire air management system and the strides it made to reduce drag coefficient and increase downforce.

Tech pack includes: heated/cooled seats, 8.5" screen, Sync 3 and other creature comforts while getting the same brakes, MagneRide, same calibration, same horsepower.

Track pack includes: smaller screen, Recaro seats, bigger functional wing.
[/quote]

TMO Supporting Vendors