The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 News and Predictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backorder said:
Soooo I'm not going to use this car JUST for track...maybe ocassionally, as much as once a month if lucky...are the extra coolers worth it for me?
You should get them for resale value but it looks like you can't get them with the NAV. I was hoping for both.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Backorder said:
Soooo I'm not going to use this car JUST for track...maybe ocassionally, as much as once a month if lucky...are the extra coolers worth it for me?

If you're ever going to have it on the track in temps over 75 or so, then I'd get the coolers.

NFSBOSS said:
That looks legit to me.

+1

Nobody had the time to make one look that good or 'correct' to the info announced. I say leaked or intentionally leaked document.

Well I'm glad it looks good, at the same time I wish they offered tech AND track packs together...and being in Texas, chances are the majority of times I hit the track it'll be over 75deg...

If I had to choose, I might choose the track pack, the only thing is have to add then is satellite radio...the other stuff would just be nice to have. Don't need Nav or any of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloud9 said:
****Stay tuned for an exciting GT350 announcement tonight exclusively on BMO****

I hope not too late...my wife is going to get angry with me sitting here and hitting refresh every 5 sec :-D

*****Breaking News!!*****

If you didn't already have enough reasons to be at Mustang Roundup V 2015, we have one more! Be one of the first to witness the 2016 Shelby GT350 in its natural environment!!

Ford confirmed today that Motorsports Park Hastings will be a great place to see the new GT350 in action September, 2015! It will be worth coming just to hear that flat plane crank at work!

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8842.0

Time to schedule a vacation! Even better that I'll be done with my M.S. and finally have my weekends back by then! Thanks ford for the great graduation gift to me lol

cloud9 said:
*****Breaking News!!*****

If you didn't already have enough reasons to be at Mustang Roundup V 2015, we have one more! Be one of the first to witness the 2016 Shelby GT350 in its natural environment!!

Ford confirmed today that Motorsports Park Hastings will be a great place to see the new GT350 in action September, 2015! It will be worth coming just to hear that flat plane crank at work!

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8842.0

I sure hope these cars are on the streets long before September! :(

straightliner1 said:
I sure hope these cars are on the streets long before September! :(
If they are I would be bringing mine and running in stock class :D I am guessing it will be later fall/early winter though. I ordered my Boss 12/8/2010 and it was built in the 3rd week of production. I didn't receive it until first week of March, 2011. Since Ford hasn't even announced pricing yet, let alone awarded allocations or opened the order banks, I think we're in for a bit of a wait yet.

cloud9 said:
If they are I would be bringing mine and running in stock class :D I am guessing it will be later fall/early winter though. I ordered my Boss 12/8/2010 and it was built in the 3rd week of production. I didn't receive it until first week of March, 2011. Since Ford hasn't even announced pricing yet, let alone awarded allocations or opened the order banks, I think we're in for a bit of a wait yet.

disturbing trend, I think, from Ford pulling announcements waaaaay ahead of availability. I get it for something like the new GT, for instance...it won't go into product, apparently, until the end of 2016. Mark Fields said they'd build it 'next year'...turns out that 'next year' is really almost two full years away. Word is that the recently-pimped Raptor is a 2017 model year...so also probably a year and a half away. It's always a balancing act but I find their current approach to be a bit disingenuous.

fuhrius said:
disturbing trend, I think, from Ford pulling announcements waaaaay ahead of availability. I get it for something like the new GT, for instance...it won't go into product, apparently, until the end of 2016. Mark Fields said they'd build it 'next year'...turns out that 'next year' is really almost two full years away. Word is that the recently-pimped Raptor is a 2017 model year...so also probably a year and a half away. It's always a balancing act but I find their current approach to be a bit disingenuous.
It's a tough one to nail down perfectly. You want to create buzz and excitement to prime the pump for demand, but if you're too early you run out of steam by the time the product's available. I sit on a dealer council for a manufacturer in a different industry and we had the exact same conversation with the CEO who asked us this timing question at the last meeting. I'm not sure there's a perfect answer on the timing of product announcement versus availability.

cloud9 said:
It's a tough one to nail down perfectly. You want to create buzz and excitement to prime the pump for demand, but if you're too early you run out of steam by the time the product's available. I sit on a dealer council for a manufacturer in a different industry and we had the exact same conversation with the CEO who asked us this timing question at the last meeting. I'm not sure there's a perfect answer on the timing of product announcement versus availability.

there is no perfect answer...buzz is good especially on specialty vehicles but what they did with the f150 launch, for instance, left the dealers in a bad place. that's not good.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Early March '11 is less than 7 months from August '10 Boss announcement...So I'll be hopeful for a May or June Job 1. Order bank opening could be only weeks or a couple of months away...

Grant 302 said:
Early March '11 is less than 7 months from August '10 Boss announcement...So I'll be hopeful for a May or June Job 1. Order bank opening could be only weeks or a couple of months away...

Wouldn't this put them back towards traditional schedule? I believe the 2015 Mustang was a little late wasn't it? I'm not in much of a hurry I guess, more time to save money and hope I don't lose my job in this oil slump lol

TMO Supporting Vendors