The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 News and Predictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Backorder said:
Wouldn't this put them back towards traditional schedule? I believe the 2015 Mustang was a little late wasn't it? I'm not in much of a hurry I guess, more time to save money and hope I don't lose my job in this oil slump lol

Oil is up more than 5% today, if that helps! :)

I'm in a hurry...to begin waiting ::)

I'm going to guess that order banks open in mid March...give or take a month.

Grant 302 said:
I'm in a hurry...to begin waiting ::)

I'm going to guess that order banks open in mid March...give or take a month.
It's going to be so nice sitting on the sidelines during the first year of sales... ;D

cloud9 said:
Did you hear that from Ford or your dealer? Any indication on quantities?

No indications of quantities...but I thought the Pericak interview suggested that the gt350 won't be limited in terms of production..and that they expected the r to be limited (but I couldn't tell if that was supply-limited or only demand-limited...I suspect it's the former).
Can I just tell you that it's a reliable source and leave it at that? (actually, I'll ask if I can just publish the piece i saw)

fuhrius said:
No indications of quantities...but I thought the Pericak interview suggested that the gt350 won't be limited in terms of production..and that they expected the r to be limited (but I couldn't tell if that was supply-limited or only demand-limited...I suspect it's the former).
Can I just tell you that it's a reliable source and leave it at that? (actually, I'll ask if I can just publish the piece i saw)
Sure, it doesn't really change anything in terms of my expectations. I've been assuming delivery would be after this season is over and until we know allocations, we won't know how realistic it will be to get an R.

fuhrius said:
I'm hearing that dealers will receive allocation info in the 2nd quarter and that first deliveries can be expected in 'late 2015'

Well the ford website states late 2015, so this was expected. I'm guessing ordering around April/May and similar schedule to how the mustang was rolled out...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
It's going to be so nice sitting on the sidelines during the first year of sales... ;D

That's part of the wait for me. About a year or as soon as I can get one locally or within driving distance for a decent price.

No GT350 at Houston auto show according to Ford Mustang on facebook :-(

Anyone know where these cars will be shown next? Chicago?

Interesting article on the GT350 in Hot Rod Magazine:

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1411-will-the-2016-ford-mustang-gt350-8000-rpm-redline-laptimes-faster-than-a-porsche-gt3-for-half-cost/

Towards the end of the article, "A built-in track recorder will make it easy to compare your roadcourse performance."

Have not seen or heard this before.

I'm thinking this is a mistake. Maybe they're confusing it with the C7 vette?

Saw on another site 2016 Mustang production schedule was released:

7/31/15 -15MY Job Last Date

5/11/15 -16MY Order Bank Open Date

6/11/15 -16MY Scheduling Begins

8/03/15 -16MY Job #1 Date

Though, I'm not sure where to go to find this info posted so I can't confirm. It at least tells us a possible "no later than" date for order banks to open on the 350 right?

Backorder said:
Saw on another site 2016 Mustang production schedule was released:

7/31/15 -15MY Job Last Date

5/11/15 -16MY Order Bank Open Date

6/11/15 -16MY Scheduling Begins

8/03/15 -16MY Job #1 Date

Though, I'm not sure where to go to find this info posted so I can't confirm. It at least tells us a possible "no later than" date for order banks to open on the 350 right?
That's good news and means were getting close. ;D I'll see if I can get this confirmed but those dates sound about right for the 2016 S550 Mustang. Hopefully the GT350 is on the same schedule. My understanding is the the first cars of a new production year are held for a period of time before they are given the "buy" message or whatever they call it. So mid to late September until you see 2016's on the lots.

Speculation is a 5 yr run...I don't know if I see that. Personally, I would like it to be like he boss so there are a ton of them out there.

That guy might have been me on another site:) I'll be placing my order on May 11th. All of these guys complaining about ADM should call dealers in the midwest! I have been emailing my guy at the dealership about various dates/rumors I have been seeing online. This is the first solid date they have confirmed.

Yes that is you, good job! I thought you were a member here. Lots of rampant speculation on 6G. Of course many of us have been through this before and know that there will be plenty of cars available at MSRP. Many of us secured Bosses at MSRP well in advance of the order banks opening. And that included LS cars too. Be patient and you will find what you're looking for. I've decided to sit out the first year and wait for the second year of production before buying. Good luck with your purchase.

TMO Supporting Vendors