The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 News and Predictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/multimedia.ford-automotive-products:fna~us~cars~mustang~all-new-gt350.html

lots of pics here

Grant 302 said:
3160 6 speed...no more MT-82..
Yeah! But let's hope it's the single overdrive unit with similar ratios to the MT-82.

http://www.tremec.com/menu.php?m=133

Did I hear correctly the Mustang will be the featured marque at the 2015 Monterey Historic Races?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
Yeah! But let's hope it's the single overdrive unit with similar ratios to the MT-82.

http://www.tremec.com/menu.php?m=133

Did I hear correctly the Mustang will be the featured marque at the 2015 Monterey Historic Races?

Thought I heard that.

Soooooo if we are seeing it now, is it going to be like the 2015 rollout where we saw it in December but didn't get them til October the next year? I'm hoping August/September in showrooms latest? Ordering in March/April?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Backorder said:
Soooooo if we are seeing it now, is it going to be like the 2015 rollout where we saw it in December but didn't get them til October the next year? I'm hoping August/September in showrooms latest? Ordering in March/April?

With "mid-2015" pricing release, I'm thinking you're 2 to 4 months early on those dates.

Looks good, but as usual, the devil is in the details. How much does it weigh, how much does it cost, and what size tires can you stuff under it? Also, will it be reliable out of the box? The engine isn't a rework of the existing platform as the Roadrunner 5.0L was over the Coyote, it looks to be 100% new. I hope it all pans out.

The Z/28 competition will be arriving in 2016 on a lighter platform with tires at least as huge as the current car. Depending on how serious GM is about exceeding the GT350, the next gen Z/28 could have the Z06 6.2L with over 600HP.

One thing is for sure: these *are* the good old days! The horsepower race and cheap gas won't last forever. After what we all went through in the late-70's and 80's, it is a good time to be a car enthusiast. Enjoy it now, because we are one oil embargo away from reliving the '73 crisis.

I'll take a 2013 Boss 302, a 2015 Z/28, a 2015 Hellcat Challenger, and a 2016 GT350, to go please. Oh, and a 2016 Miata for a commuter.

Man their website must be getting hammered! I'm trying to download the pics and they are coming so slow, some are failing....lol. I have to admit that I really love it. If I ever get divorced, I'm getting one! Or maybe it's the other way around. If I get one, I'll be getting a divorce. Well either way, I'm looking forward to all the articles and hopefully a chance to drive one next year.

Chris

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel