• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 News and Predictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Salivating over this thing. Sadly, the Boss is likely my last Mustang for a few years. Jealous of all of you who will get one. Eat some Z/28s for me.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
No definite news on overall weight reduction yet, I hope Ford lightened this thing up vs. the normal S550.
The MR dampers should be on-par with what's in the Camaro ZL1 but I'm curious to see how they stack up against the Multimatics in the Z/28.
Also the Camaro still has an advantage with the E-Diff and PTM from the Corvette, at least on-paper.

Can't wait for the head-to-head tests!!

VoodooBoss

Rick
Remember there will be an R version which is the Z/28 killer. From my conversation with a Multimatic team member last May I expect the DSSV dampers on the R. I think they will one up the Z/28 and be adjustable. ;) Remember the DSSV dampers did show up on Multimatics 302R's late in the season and made a real difference in their performance during races. Note they won the last race of the season.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Yes :) I recall :) I need to get info and pricing on the race-spec stuff for comparison to my other options. Multimatic's previous Dynamic triples were around $6500 for the dampers alone...

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Pure speculation, but could a S/C be tossed on that there 5.2 to compete with the dear old Dodge Hellcat? Or the heart of the new Ford GT?

the ability for dampers to differentiate between high and low speed, especially for compression, makes a big difference...this is based only on my experience with mountain bike suspensions...but I've tried every damper available in the MTB world and Cane Creek's implementation of DSSV-like technology (separate high and low speed compression and high and low speed rebound control) which is actually derived from Ohlins (as you know, also big in motorsports) is really amazing. I'm using it in the rear of a few of my bikes. Fox has an 'RC2' fork damper that has high and low speed compression, but combines rebound into one adjustment for both high and low. I prefer not to fiddle with suspension and rely on factory tuning...but if they can do DSSV and make the adjustment piece easy, I'd be stoked.

'Flat bottomed steering wheel'? Honestly, I've always been a sucker for flat-bottomed wheels. And I'm looking forward to seeing the seats in addition to all the other interior refinements.

Wonder what 'lightweight' 6-speed will be in the car and why such a big deal is being made of the carbon composite part of the front end - versus what I was hoping for - which was carbon composite being used in a LOT of places.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
The word is they were slammed getting the car ready for the LA Auto Show and that video needed to be ready several days ago. I'm sure the car wasn't ready by the video deadline. I also doubt I'll get to crawl around the car at the show. I'm sure it will be up on a pedestal and locked.

That's what you hired *me* for! ;) I just hope it's a "complete" car.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
ufnavy06 said:
Pure speculation, but could a S/C be tossed on that there 5.2 to compete with the dear old Dodge Hellcat? Or the heart of the new Ford GT?

If the intake ports on the heads and the block surfaces are the same as the Coyotes then I wouldn't see why that's not possible.
That being said, it's unlikely that Ford will go that route for a real race-oriented application. Even with supercharged engines readily available from the Ford GT and GT500, the choice for competition and endurance racing has always been natural aspiration. Some of that decision is due to constraints from the competition series where the cars will compete, and some of that will be from a durability perspective.

I love the quote about it being an "all-day" track car...as such, the focus on the brakes. 394mm iron rotors on alum hats and 6-piston fixed calipers up front...with 380mm / 4 pistons out back. Yeah!!! Carbon ceramics are cool...but expensive to track. Sounds like the 'base' brake package is going to be awesome.
those brakes are on par, size-wise, with the Z07 package Z06. me like.

They couldn't possibly fit larger brakes on the 'r' could they?

VoodooBoss

Rick
fuhrius said:
I love the quote about it being an "all-day" track car...as such, the focus on the brakes. 394mm iron rotors on alum hats and 6-piston fixed calipers up front...with 380mm / 4 pistons out back. Yeah!!! Carbon ceramics are cool...but expensive to track. Sounds like the 'base' brake package is going to be awesome.
those brakes are on par, size-wise, with the Z07 package Z06. me like.

They couldn't possibly fit larger brakes on the 'r' could they?
I don't think so. The Porsche Turbo S has 410x36mm rotors but they use 20" wheels. The GT350R will have 19x11" CF front wheels.

Grant 302

ufnavy06 said:
Salivating over this thing. Sadly, the Boss is likely my last Mustang for a few years. Jealous of all of you who will get one. Eat some Z/28s for me.

Pricing is set to be released mid-2015, so no need to be jealous of anybody just yet...and the 'R' might be needed to eat Z/28s.

Grant 302

GOT SVT said:
just got word that my friend is going to the reveal today in cali

will post pics as I get them
Not going...couldn't figure out the time for certain. 2 pm?

NFSBOSS said:
Anyone else besides me like the lowered hood and extractor? I never liked the version on the GT500 but this extractor look clean and functional.

I like it. That's exactly where I want to cut one in a spare 10-12 hood, right before the cowl. Also looks close to other Shelby hoods like the GT-S.

Grant 302

And I'm hoping the track pack oil cooler would mount under the hood vent. Probably too much to hope for.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel