The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration , Charlotte, NC...Who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will be merging in with the Pony Drive as they come through Knoxville on Tue then, then off to Charlotte from Wed thru Sun, staying out by the airport.

rpm3dinc said:
Ill be there, course I only live about 10 miles from the track roughly... LOL Not doing the track run (I can go faster than 80 on back roads and have more fun)... Plus I have been on the oval with the BOSS before and part of the Road Course.

There will be a "Cruise In Gathering" to downtown Kannapolis where we have the Kannapolis Cruise-In on the second Saturday of every month, its one of the largest cruise-in's in the state, and with a projected 10,000-25,000 mustangs in the area for the 50th, it will be AWESOME!

Looking forward to meeting allot you! I will be parking with BMO all days and will be attending all days though I am not doing the "Dinner, or Track Stuff"...

That many people is enough to make me want to cancel. I knew there would be a boatload of people but 10-20k just cruising in, that spell's total gridlock, it will take 5 hours to move 2 miles, not a fan of that after an 8 hour drive.

During rush hour in Charlotte it takes that long to go 2 miles anyways, especially with all the construction on I-85 right now... That's why I live in Kannapolis (20 miles from Downtown Charlotte), Even on a bad day I can be at the speedway in about 40 minutes (roughly 12 miles away), on a good day I can be there in 15-20 minutes.

If you are staying in Charlotte, or by the Airport check your GPS, try to get to Hwy 29 to get to the Speedway... The main way is to take I-85 to exit 49 on Bruton Smith Blvd (Also called Speedway Blvd), but with construction going on it could become a mess real quick, plus the large mall Concord Mills is right off exit 49 as well, so traffic on weekend is usually congested...

If your in the Mooresville area, You could take 77 to I-85, but I would advise against that if possible... Try to take Hwy 3 to Hwy 29, its better traffic conditions and a nice drive right past Dale Earnhardt Inc, and some decent windy roads coming into Kannapolis/Concord Area.

If your in Salisbury, take i-85 to exit 60 or 58 and then take Hwy 29 to the speedway.

The numbers I am hearing for the celebration keeps fluctuating, one day its 5,000-10,000 next day its 15,000-20,000 or more... I know they get roughly 3,000-4,000 for auto fair parked inside the track with all the vendors.. But not sure how many vendors will be there for this... Outside parking at least during "Race Time" can handle as much as the speedway can hold and sometimes a little more...

They can always overflow in the ZMaxx Dragway too if needed.

If your parking with a Group I suggest getting there as early and with as many people in the same group as possible, cause it might take a while to get into your space especially on the first day with all the 'Confusion'.

Maybe we should put together a Facebook Group or Text Message Group to keep everyone up to date on what is happening those days, not only during the event but afterwards as well... Things such as cursing to a restaurant to eat, or crusing some back roads, or just hanging out at the local watering tree... (Twin Peaks)...

I'll be there the 16th through the 20th. Staging about a mile from the speedway. I have been debating on whether to put the car on the track...only gone faster than 75 twice. At age 16 I had a '70 Boss that went over 100 almost daily...feel I have used up all my luck.

I am staying at the Drury inn by Northlake mall in Charlotte. (12 miles from track)
Plenty of parking there. Just an Idea to throw out there. Any one else?

Sounds like were all scattered, we've got a month. Or we talk about it when we are there. I don't get out much, so I'm in for a nice steak dinner, or something better, and a couple of beers. Anyone else in?

racered302 said:
Sounds like were all scattered, we've got a month. Or we talk about it when we are there. I don't get out much, so I'm in for a nice steak dinner, or something better, and a couple of beers. Anyone else in?
Justin your dinner will be on me, since I'm staying with you, if you still have the room? What is the updated head count?

I think you might be confusing White BOSS Justin with Red BOSS Justin(RPM3DINC)... I think you are staying with me at my house, your in Kentucky right? I only have room for 2 and you and the other guy are it... Others are welcome but will be floorspace.. LOL

There are tons along Bruton Smith Blvd, however, that is the main road to the track as well as Concord Mills Mall The largest mall in the area (Exit 49)...

So with the influx of Mustangs it will be JAMMED PACKED. For Instance, I went up there last Saturday Night to Eat.. It took me 25 minutes to go 1 mile and that was with normal "Saturday Night Traffic" on Bruton Smith Blvd.

You could travel North on I-85 about 5 miles at Exit 54 and hit Afton Ridge, which has FATZ, Mexican, Buffalo Wild Wings or Go another 5-6 miles North to Exit 60, there you have Mexican, McDonalds, SteakNShake, Ruby Tuesday, Logan's RoadHouse, East Coast Wings, Subway, Firehouse, Wendy's.

If you want something more like Chili's, OCharley's, AppleBees, that is off Exit 58 right near the Hospital in Concord.

Mustang 50Th.

Anyone going to the 50th in Charlotte? I have a group of friends meeting in Jackson Ms. on the Sunday before and going to Tn. We will drive the dragon tail and other mountain roads for a couple of days. 2 days in the mountains and then off to Charlotte. Anyone interested in joining please respond. Just looking to have fun with like minded people.

Re: Mustang 50Th.

And

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6581.0

I'm going to merge this thread with the one above.

rpm3dinc said:
I think you might be confusing White BOSS Justin with Red BOSS Justin(RPM3DINC)... I think you are staying with me at my house, your in Kentucky right? I only have room for 2 and you and the other guy are it... Others are welcome but will be floorspace.. LOL
Yes we will be over leaving KY early Thursday morning...

Staying at the Fairfield in off WW T Harris and 77. I saw a few restaurants near there if anyone wants to join. Just me and my wife with my SBY LS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My co-worker was asked to bring the Seal Beach SSP fox body for the Saleen display. I am guessing they are going to have a wide selection of their one-offs like that one was. Wish I could make it. It would be great if some of you could share some pictures when you get back.

TMO Supporting Vendors