The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration , Charlotte, NC...Who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's all going to the birthday party on Thursday evening?

http://www.m50bcstore.com/concord-nc-mustang-50th-birthday-dinn50.html

Anyone Coming to Charlotte that has extensive knowledge of the MGW Shifter? I have had mine installed for almost 4,000 miles now, but I feel it should be "Smoother" by this point, it might be as easy as adjusting the length of the Reverse Lockout, but thought that maybe someone who had one could feel if mine felt ok, or needed adjusting... (Sorry that sounded so wrong, but no other way to put it..)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
rpm3dinc said:
Anyone Coming to Charlotte that has extensive knowledge of the MGW Shifter? I have had mine installed for almost 4,000 miles now, but I feel it should be "Smoother" by this point, it might be as easy as adjusting the length of the Reverse Lockout, but thought that maybe someone who had one could feel if mine felt ok, or needed adjusting... (Sorry that sounded so wrong, but no other way to put it..)

What exactly is "Not Smooth" 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 shifts?

Going into reverse, this can be a challenge.

I have two, one in the Boss and one in a 2013 V-6. Both smoothed out a bit with use.

If 1-2 drags and or grinds, the reverse lock out could need an adjustment.

The folks at MGW are great. Give them a call and discuss what you arfe feeling with the shifter.

1-2, 2 "Clunks" in, and not a smooth as 3-4 or even 2-3... I have adjusted the Reverse bolt once, but didn't want to go "to far"... I am sure its all about preference, but I think it could be fine-tuned a bit more by someone that knows what it should feel like if that makes sense.

I've had mine in since the beginning, It only feels a little funky going from 1-2 when it's cold, then it's ok. I guess your does it all the time, like it's off slightly? I sure there will be enough of us down there to give our opions.

GA
I will be there all four days. I signed up for open track on Friday, and all those dinners including the Ford banquet. Looking forward to it!

Re: Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration , Charlotte, NC...Who's going?

unrealford said:
Just a heads up, there might be a extra room at the Embassy Suite this week. I'm going from 2 rooms to 1, If anyone might want this room, let me know we can switch it over to your name. Shawn W.
: Standard Room (With King Bed) (Non-Smoking)
: 15-Apr-2014
: 20-Apr-2014

: 5

Average Rate per Night:

: $745.00 + 13% taxes = $841.85

might know someone interested, let me know when you make a decision

here is a list of all the sign ups for the open track at charlotte

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/1FF954DE-98B6-73C3-5BD1BA77374B276C#.UzQwzstOXxO

GA
Z20WHAT said:
Nice find! Was wondering where they'd put me... They really going to put instructors with everyone outside of A?

At first I thought that but then I read an earlier email from the chief instructor that you could request an instructor if you wanted one. I did my very first track day at the 45th at Barber and I was in the D novice group without an instructor. They only had a few available. I think they are just using the same groups that they use for their Performance Driving School at CMP where all groups have an instructor.

Re: Mustang 50Th.

2boss2's said:
Anyone going to the 50th in Charlotte? I have a group of friends meeting in Jackson Ms. on the Sunday before and going to Tn. We will drive the dragon tail and other mountain roads for a couple of days. 2 days in the mountains and then off to Charlotte. Anyone interested in joining please respond. Just looking to have fun with like minded people.

I am fairly close to both the Dragon and the Cherohala and might be able to meet-up with you for a couple of hours on Mon . I am going to link up with the Pony drive on Tue. as they pass thru Knoxville.

BLAZN BOSS

I've been signed up since last June. I'm staying at the Hyatt House in center city. I paid for track parking but not sure if I want to be stuck till 5 everyday. Is BMO still gathering outside? Im there from the 13th till the 20th.

We are in lot#8, I don't think you can sign up for the MORE parking, the registration closed around the end of March. Looks like there will be 39 bosses circling the track, might not be bad for a day but I don't think I'd want to be trapped in there either.

BLAZN BOSS

racered302 said:
We are in lot#8, I don't think you can sign up for the MORE parking, the registration closed around the end of March. Looks like there will be 39 bosses circling the track, might not be bad for a day but I don't think I'd want to be trapped in there either.
I didnt know the more program had a cut off................crap.

MORELOTLAYOUT_zps606f1db8.jpg

Hello everyone just posting the same information here that I emailed everyone signed up with us for charlotte

Just a few information points:

1. I have attached 1 item here, the MORE Lot Group layout.

2. Our group # is #8, Boss Mustangs Online ( Listed as Grp 8 Boss Online - 46 spaces on map )

3. In addition to the MORE group tag, each participant will have a static cling decal in their credential packet that will provide them access to inside the track (on a first come basis) if they should choose to venture there. If they are able to get inside, the "stay until 5 pm" rule will apply. In the MORE lot they can come and go as they please.

4. MORE group participants will pickup their credentials at a different desk in the registration atrium at the Embassy Suites. That desk will be clearly marked. We will get a MORE mirror hang tag with our group # on it.

Again, I will pass on as much information as i get

Any ?'s, please ask

Looking forward to the celebration and meeting everyone!

TMO Supporting Vendors