The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 3.0 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
That would be the 2.0 thread. :p

Pizza night! Two 9" pies:
28402114120_26678394e3.jpg

28402114860_1abba98380.jpg

And a backup just in case the deep dishes didn't work:
28402116900_a111af25ff.jpg

That recipe wasn't bad, but not authentic IMO. And there's no way it needed 6 hours to rise. Punched it down twice and had to stick it in the fridge to slow it after maybe a couple hours.

Ketchup update: In today's "Hagar The Horrible"...First frame...Hagar's getting his dinner plate filled at camp & sees a rat watching on the left and says"Rodents are DISGUSTING!!"...Second frame...Guy dishing out the food says "Just add more ketchup", making Hagar wonder what exactly is on his plate to begin with.....Lesson learned...always keep some ketchup in the house...you never know.............. ;D

Watched the Sprint NASCAR race at Pocono yesterday. Sunday's race was a washout so they retried Monday. Monday's race started late from drying out the track from morning showers. Things were going good until with 22 laps left the race was red flagged because of dense fog taking over the track. I've been following racing for many years and this is the first I can recall a race been stopped because of fog. The race was eventually ended early due to storms moving in..........a fan was killed there by a lightning strike back in 2012. Watkins Glenn is next weeks race, where they can race in the rain if need be....first time I'm hearing about that also.....I always thought if the track got wet the yellow/red came out....but now not so for a road course. Is this new?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Road track racing in the rain is not new for NASCAR. They have prepared for this for a few years, just has not happened.

Many of the cars will have a windshield wiper system installed. If the is no chance of rain, they remove the arm/blade.

Rain tires are available and will be mounted if it looks like rain.

Not sure what teams will do if there is a chance of rain and they don't have several, extra sets of wheels.

I know I learned a lot about car control the two track sessions I ran In a light rain. One thing was to be gentle and deliberate with all inputs. They other.....don't race in the rain.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
302BOB said:
If those pies tasted even half as good as they look I know your taste buds were popping with joy.

Was pretty good as a leftover too. Cheese over the dough keeps the sauce from making the crust soggy. I might try this recipe again. I might have over-worked the dough, starting with having to punch it down twice. Probably should have cut the dough before proofing.

I've never took the task of making my own dough when I made my pies. I always bought it from the grocery store or my Mother(rest her soul) always got hers from a bakery. I haven't made a bad pie yet..........knock on wood..............

302BOB said:
Sean, Enjoy that LS when you get it back!Had my Boss out for a ride yesterday, You know what happens when you're gettin on the highway with nobody in front of you............................. ;)

Heck yeah! Especially if it is one of those on ramps for the Merritt where you have to stop and get to hammer down from a stop hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors