The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project Super Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hated those retaining rings, half the time so much crud and rust damn hard to get out, parts dept never stocked replacements or the seal ring. The old seal rings would usually be a bit swollen to getting it back together without a leak was challenging. Clean it all up with a wire wheel a little silicone grease to hold the seal in place and start tapping the rat back in. Tapering the edges is a good idea.
Sorry, I posted that on this thread, it belonged on superbeater

Did the maiden voyage to Daytona this past weekend. Took the Shelby over to Kohr to use their shop for a clutch change. Too many roundabouts on the back roads caused the jack stands to launch out of their locker, fortunately not landing on the hood of the Gt500.
A couple of other issues raised their heads, when loading another mustang in the exhaust bottomed out and gouged the trailer ramp.
On the other hand, it was pretty successful, the old F150 with 230K miles on it handled it like a champ, I even passed a car on the way on a 2 lane stretch. The electric tongue jack worked awesome for loading and off loading and the winch pulled a non starting car in without incident. The urethane floor held up great.
I'm going to have to change the car strap hold down method because It is pretty crowded, but not a huge issue.
The air bags on the F150 (thanks @Fabman and @TeeLew for the great idea) it handled pretty well.
So the mods will be to the ramp, the large locker and the hold down system, pretty good first run IMO.

PS, ninja edit..
The drivers used it for changing thanks to the A/C, so that was an added bonus.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The only thing you need Blacksheep is a set of metal ramps that attach right to your trailer door. My son has a pair and that spurred 2 other friends of his to get a set as no more race ramps, boards , etc. and there is a slick system to keep them secure when traveling. He did all his trailer, similar to what you have done and I know your would both appreciate each other's work. One item that struck me funny ( based on JAJ comment ) was he trailers his EVO -9 with a Porsche Cayenne Hybrid, so I guess not all Porsche owners have F350s, haha. Great job and I bet you are enjoying how much easier life is with an enclosed trailer?!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
I just got my gooseneck this past season. Towing is so much easier now. No sway…no wind sailing…so much more stable…and that’s with a SRW. Imagine a dually would be even better. I just don’t care for a dually for the simple fact that I can’t run it through the car wash…🤣🤣🤣. My shoulders just can’t handle spending two two hours washing a truck.

I just got my gooseneck this past season. Towing is so much easier now. No sway…no wind sailing…so much more stable…and that’s with a SRW. Imagine a dually would be even better. I just don’t care for a dually for the simple fact that I can’t run it through the car wash…🤣🤣🤣. My shoulders just can’t handle spending two two hours washing a truck.

A buddy had one in black, he told me every night after work he waxed 1/4 of it, day 5 was the roof.
I made the mistake of owning a red crew cab in Florida, so I was wise to the color choices. I would have preferred white, but the XLT packages are stupid rare, plenty of Lariats though. Too much star wars BS for me, I'm old school.
The wife liked this color because it matches her Ranger so there's that..

I hate my black 350. I wish i got silver. My whole fleet is silver and never looks dirty. This thing got dirty after i walked past it with a humid drink.

also, the ford bug guard flies off in car washes……just happened to me today

Still gonna use that hitch on the new dually ? What brand if so ?
I'll throw it in the F150 in case I need to tow it with that, it's a Curt, to match the rest of the hitch. The F150 is still my go to truck, all 230K miles of it. An awesome truck, the day it dies, I will cry.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel