The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SVE Drift 18X10 +43: The perfect track wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My god, those things are exactly what I want. Can't wait to order a set by the end of the month. Maybe I'll get to hit an event before my birthday after all.

You guys may want to look at these Konig wheels which have plenty of clearance and might be of better quality. They are certainly lighter.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4315.0

Grant 302 said:
;) That's the reason these have been on my list for my GT...just not sure if I'm getting these or D-force or F14s in the same size. Those are both ~20 lbs. each...so I'm just not sure the ~16 lbs. rotating mass lost is worth another $700 or $800 to me.

One more concern for me is the clearance, since I am running camber bolts. I might need to spend another $300-400 for CC plates just to ditch the bolts :(

My other option is to run 18x9.5...but I don't really want to do that.
If you are looking for a good set of Camber plates, I have a new set from Steeda that I am not using. if interested, PM me...

I was originally looking at the 18x10 Forgestar F14 and 18x10.5 Enkei PF01 as I love both of those, but for the cost these are really tempting and I could definitely put that saved $700 elsewhere... Think I might go with these with the 295/40/18 A6 for autocross

Zquez said:
I know you guys only tolerate me and my 06 since its not a boss... :p but I figured I'd chime in with some pics of my set I got a few weeks ago. Fitment was great except for my sway bar end link on the passenger side. I scratched up the inside of the wheel real nice only moving the car 3 feet. Make sure that there won't be any interference there when putting them on or you might have to trim the stud like I did. I have the whiteline adjustable endlinks.

DSC08756E_zps9cc1194f.jpg

DSC08772E_zps5d9a3c50.jpg
This photo did it. I just bought a set. Hopefully I don't have to wait til late April, but it'd be worth it for only $600. ;D

Does anyone know if the AMR 18x10's will work on our cars with 295/40/18's. I ordered a couple sets of tires from Hoosier and am planning to purchase either the AMR's or SVE's in 18x10. I like the look of the AMR charcoal wheels better but am concerned about the +38mm offset vs the +43mm SVE's.

Any input would be appreciated.

PS - On another note, I have to say that dealing with Hoosier was great! It was my first time ordereing directly from them and their service is great. Extremely responsive and friendly in both the technical area and ordering process.

Maui
fmaster360 said:
My freaking wheels still haven't shipped yet! I'm getting ready to say screw it and get the gourd racing gt 500 18x9.5 set.

When did you place your order? Did you order the 18's? just wondering because I was looking at getting a staggered set...

Maui
fmaster360 said:
March 20th.

Ordered the eighteens.

Wow that's a while. I was looking for the last month at 18" SVE drifts and it looks like the availability of those rims keep getting delayed...

That is exactly what is happening. I'm pretty frustrated, and I would be less so if they were contacting me to keep me updated, but as it stands, a few days after they ship, I send an email for the tracking, and are told that they have been delayed again. Not the greatest CS in my experience...

The GT500 '12 18x9.5's are pretty nice, and if these things don't ship by the 15th, I'm buying a set, unless I can find something used...

Tulsa, OK
I ordered two sets in January and was told it would be 3 months until they shipped. But they ended up shipping after just a few weeks. Sorry to hear some of you guys are having to wait so long... I have always had great experience with LMR.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
fmaster360 said:
March 20th.

Ordered the eighteens.

LMR's web site says they should have them again on the 15th of this month.

I'm looking to order a set myself in the next couple months...if they are out my backup plan is the same as yours--18x9.5 GT500 wheels.

TMO Supporting Vendors