The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BossJockey said:
BLAZN BOSS said:
...Might just wait till I have 2 years on the warranty then once i get Trakey the remaining 3 wont be affected.

Yea, it doesn't work that way. It is 3 years or 36K miles form the day you got the car not Trackey.
You forgot IF TK is determined to have caused the problem. Otherwise your original five year warranty is still good.

1fastang said:
I'm not going to track or drag race the car, but how can you not have such an option enabled on this car. It's a must have in my book, unless you plan on aftermarket parts and a tune, which I don't.
the track key really wakes this car up, the throttle response, handling and power are very different. I have limited miles on it before I tucked it away for the cold months here in the North but from what I felt in the times I used the track key was great.

I'm basically in the same boat. I'm probably gonna hit an open track day at Texas Motor Spdwy this year and that's about it. Track Key is pretty fun imo.

BLAZN BOSS

Dont get me wrong guys.......I want trackey, just doesnt have that much of a draw.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Will be installing the trackey on #2900 either this weekend or next. Since I only plan to run this car a tyme or two a year on a road course, I'm not sure how much use it will provide but I don't think much of a Boss 302 without it. JMHO.

My track key has been ordered since Dec 10 2011 and still waiting for it to come in,car is away now for the winter so it will be a spring install with 00052km on it.It took 209 days to get my Boss so how long for the Key program to get to Canada ! ::) :eek:

I do not ever plan to track my car, and I put the track key in after the car warms up just to hear it, and drive a few miles to feel response.
I agree its just not a complete package/boss without the trackkey program.

Same for me ! No track, No street racing, a little go sometimes for me.Track key !! Hoping to hear the lopey idle ! but it seems not what its cracked to be from the orig !! I did take my plates out but haven't driven it on the road yet,sounds awsome just idling with them out.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel