The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just went out running some errands (rebuilding a 90 year old toilet :D) in the Boss enjoying these "bonus" days up here in the great white North. I'm sure 55 degrees and sunny doesn't sound that great to some of you, but for mid-November it's quite balmy 8) I ran both keys alternately and no offense, but if you can't tell a difference between the two, I think you need your butt dyno recalibrated ;D When driving TK I feel so much more connected to the car. The throttle response is much more linear, it almost feels like it's directly connected to your foot if that makes sense. Driving with the black key feels much more like driving any old street car. It's very smooth and comfortable, but almost feels like there's a slight lag between accelearator input and throttle response. I know I'm going to prefer TK on the track as you just get so much more direct feedback from the engine. I will be interested in more track reviews as you guys get more seat time with TK.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I can't get mine installed for the life of me..... they keep saying the website they have to download something from is down, but clearly that's not the case as people have gotten it done just hours ago. This is really pissing me off. :mad:

I've been driving my BOSS for a little over a month (mostly street driving) & have about 1700 miles on the clock. I still haven't gotten over 14 mpg yet..no grandma driving for sure! I'm afraid if I get the TK installed I'll be looking at closer to 10 mpg.Anybody got any mileage numbers with TK street driving?

Maui
ufnavy06 said:
I can't get mine installed for the life of me..... they keep saying the website they have to download something from is down, but clearly that's not the case as people have gotten it done just hours ago. This is really pissing me off. :mad:

Maybe try a different dealer? I was lucky there weren't problems at my dealer b/c it's the only one on island. If they were having computer issues I'd be seriously pulling my hair out..

New Ford Racing TK Video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSpMfNlMwJs&feature=uploademail[/youtube]

#0075 is flashed. I love the sound,lopey idle and car shake when engine enabled light is on. Better acceleration
and also different clutch feel. Traction control is great.

5 DOT 0 said:
New Ford Racing TK Video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSpMfNlMwJs&feature=uploademail[/youtube]

This is mine
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/pixpb/?action=view&current=Boss302IdleTracKeyRightMVI_0590.mp4

98RedGT

2012 #552
Got a package from Ford Racing today with one sticker inside, back has my VIN and front has what looks to be TracKey part number and some other number starting with EO#. Is this the sticker for the strut tower? There was no sticker for any 91 octane requirement. Anybody else have any insight? I will call Ford tomorrow but thought I would check here first. Thanks.

98RedGT said:
Got a package from Ford Racing today with one sticker inside, back has my VIN and front has what looks to be TracKey part number and some other number starting with EO#. Is this the sticker for the strut tower? There was no sticker for any 91 octane requirement. Anybody else have any insight? I will call Ford tomorrow but thought I would check here first. Thanks.
Yes that's your CARB sticker. Goes on the strut tower. I didn't get a 91 octane sticker either, but I've never filled with anything less than 91 with or without TracKey.

Your 91 octane sticker was in the brown parts envelope your dealer got when he ordered, and got the track key program. It was stapled to paper work, and mine was close to the blue voucher number page. Its a little square back, and white decal. I made copies before I installed mine.

98RedGT

2012 #552
cloud9 said:
98RedGT said:
Yes that's your CARB sticker. Goes on the strut tower. I didn't get a 91 octane sticker either, but I've never filled with anything less than 91 with or without TracKey.

Thanks Gary, I don't really need the 91 octane sticker per say as I always put 91 octane in all of my cars. But it would be nice just to have all the different things that come with the Boss.

Brought my Boss in for the Track key install today (11/29). I was a little hesistant after reading some of the feedback horror stories in the forum. It didn't make me feel much better when the tech said it was his first time doing the install. He also said the previous install the dealership did (different tech) the vehicle was dead after the programming (gulp!). 2 hours later he was done and we crossed our fingers and the Boss fired up. Lopey idle kicked in and I left with a smile and $300 less in my wallet.

The tech was going to install the 91 sticker near the filler and I told him I'd install it later (is that considered sticker delete? haha).

BLAZN BOSS

I dont know if this is already in the thread but if you look at the trackey video, when they go under the car to let you hear the side exhaust, take a look athe plastic pieces in front the tire.........MELTED!

BLAZN BOSS said:
I dont know if this is already in the thread but if you look at the trackey video, when they go under the car to let you hear the side exhaust, take a look athe plastic pieces in front the tire.........MELTED!
LOL good catch :D

jec246

Finally got mine installed. I was so worried that the dealership would have so much trouble and screw up my car. The dealership that's closest to me was quoting me 2.5 hours labor (Woody Anderson Ford). I decided to have it installed while I was on vacation in Texas. One of my buddies has his own shop in East Texas and hooked me up with Gene out at Marshall Ford in Marshall, TX. I stood there and watched. Took no time at all smooth as butter. So if you're in the area he has installed one and only charged me the 1 hour recommended. I had about 4-5 Techs surrounding me when I cranked it up and showed them all the cool stuff. Then the Idle kicked in. :p They just about fell over! HAHA! All cool people up there.

BLAZN BOSS

Havent heard of anyone in my area in Va (Hampton roads) that used a dealer yet.......my dealer has not sold or installed one yet.......don't want to be the guinea pig. LOL Maybe my tax check will intall track key for me.

TMO Supporting Vendors