The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had the trackey programming done on Monday. I ordered it the previous Monday and it only took about an hour and half and I was back on the road. I've been driving around with it the last few days and I like it.

The idle is definitely different once it warms up after being driven a few minutes. I already have the side-pipes fully opened up and Corsa sport axle backs but at idle it's pretty mellow. Not with the trackey!! It has a nice lope is louder and even shakes the car a little bit. I haven't really driven the car other than to work and and around town and such. The car is a little more raw accelerator wise and I notice the additional engine braking if you just lift off the gas. It's still quite drivable in traffic and all. I haven't yet got a chance to experiment with the launch control ;D

Got mine installed on Monday. Drove about 110 miles each way to a dealer who knew what he was doing. They had already done five, and it only took about 40 minutes to do mine. The dealer also already had one in stock when I called, and told me to come on over,and he would install the same day.

LOVE THE TRACKEY! I do not and will never race mine on a track. Still, i am glad I got it. I like the feel, the sound, and the experience better with the TRACKEY. I now have a red key for the ignition, and another key to open the door and trunk.

Jeff Quinn

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
Ordered TracKey, dealer got in in 3 days, set up appointment for yesterday, Jan. 13, 2012. Thought about changing this due to the date but I figured, no worries, what could go wrong. WELL!!!

Got there at noon, appointed time, and left @ 5:00---------------NO TUNE!!!

A variety of issue with software at the dealer. Ford Racing and Ford's hotline were on the phone with the tech (using my cell phone) having them reboot, change software versions, change from laptop to desktop, and everything in between. NO LOVE!!!

The tech told me to consider myself lucky! Three (3) other cars in various parts of the country were all having issues. One guy was really unlucky, since something crashed, leaving his car completely disabled. Wouldn't even start!@#$%.

The dealer is going to talk more with Ford and will call me when it's all good to go. Hoping Tues. of next week. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

BLAZN BOSS

THIS is exactly why I'm waiting for my dealer to install another before I get mine. I caught a lot of flak here because this is what I'm concerned about. These mechanics aren't gods and yes they should be able to folow directions but obviously its not a perfect process yet. rather than down load a program you would think ford would just send it on CD then install to the ford computer before uploading into the car. ???

Maybe thats a good thing for me that i wait till spring to have mine installed when i take it out of storage, My Dealer has my program but has never did any before and mine will be the only one for him to do. I only have 91km or 51 miles on my Boss. I drove it home and went straight into storage for the winter.
I"ll keep my eye's and ear's open ! :-\

Just got mine installed today.I was the first one my dealer had done and it took them 1 1/2 hours to do,cost me $302 for the tune,labor $75 and $30 tax for a total of $407.I like the tune.It made the idle louder and some what chopper I would compare to a stock hipo 60's muscle car.It's not like the "ghost tunes" or the ford racing you tube video but still pretty cool.The car also seem's to hit harder when you floor it and hammer through the gears.

BOSS X

Texas
Well, I got my TracKey installed today. First install the dealer has done. First Boss the dealer has seen. Easy install. Took a little over an hour. $410.92 out the door. Noticeable difference in the way the car runs and the lopey idle is cool. Anyone in the Victoria, TX area looking for a dealer to program the TracKey, PM me for details.

Boomerstoys said:
Ordered TracKey, dealer got in in 3 days, set up appointment for yesterday, Jan. 13, 2012. Thought about changing this due to the date but I figured, no worries, what could go wrong. WELL!!!

Sorry to hear about the issues. My paperwork shows my official purchase date as Friday Jan 13th, though I picked it up the 14th. I have a stuffed black cat I leave in my space in the paddock to keep people from stealing the space while I'm on track, so I figured the purchase date goes along with the theme.

Back on topic, I heard some rumors of weird AFRs and stuff on the track key tune, plus how they threaten to void the powertrain warranty (I know that isn't how it works, dealt with it before), anyone who has had it a while had any issues with the tune once it was installed? People here keep telling me to just get a regular tune but I want the lumpy idle.

just had my first service done (3k miles oil change) and had the trackey installed as well.

I have to say, after the car warmed up and it settled into that lopey idle...couldn't help but grin happily

CaliMR said:
Boomerstoys said:

Sorry to hear about the issues. My paperwork shows my official purchase date as Friday Jan 13th, though I picked it up the 14th. I have a stuffed black cat I leave in my space in the paddock to keep people from stealing the space while I'm on track, so I figured the purchase date goes along with the theme.

Back on topic, I heard some rumors of weird AFRs and stuff on the track key tune, plus how they threaten to void the powertrain warranty (I know that isn't how it works, dealt with it before), anyone who has had it a while had any issues with the tune once it was installed? People here keep telling me to just get a regular tune but I want the lumpy idle.
I want the lopy idle like ford originally planed.My track key tune is not near what the ford video on you tube sounds like.I would go with an aftermarket cam tune if someone offered it as lethal is only doing gt's and not boss's or that's what I was told when calling them a week ago.It would suck to lose the warranty but I hardly drive my car anyway.

Just got first oil change (3200 miles), and ordered TK package which hopefully is in next week. I agree with others, this is part of why we bought the car, why would you not get it? I want everything that goes with the Boss, just in case I keep the car forever.

I had my trackey install on Thursday!! everything went smooth. The lopey idle sounds awesome, I pretty much just drive with the red key now, I don't see a need for the silver :). also after the install my sales guys showed me some of the features and then sent me on my way.. I never paid a penny !!!

orng302 said:
Why would someone not get it? Do some research on the forums, the answers have been posted.
I am not beyond Roush charging my Boss. I would love to do headers and high flow cats and track key now but that's an additional $1800 that could go toward the SC. It's going to be hard to sneak some money aside for it as I will have to do a few paint jobs and flip some more boats and cars.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel