The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just drove home from Track Key install. Love the sound and the feel! I don;t understand those that say that can't tell about, or don't like the idle, I think it sounds great! My car shakes like crazy at the stop light! Kind of reminds me of the 290/310 cam I had in my '69..... kind of. :)

I had mine installed the first week,I love it! It sounds great, engine braking is off the hook(like 60s muscle cars) I seldom drive with the silver key, only on long freeway trips.

Had TracKey installed today and it's worth every penny paid! The improved throttle response, engine braking and TracKey Idle are so awesome!!

BLAZN BOSS

OK, time to bite the bullet, talked to my parts guy buddy at the dealership Friday, Ordering my trackey Monday morning ......they installed one with success but he said the mechanic said "don't see much difference".......arrrgggggg........i keep reading the instrustuctions from the trackey web site for the technican and owner, I'm not sure the mechanic has a wired connection for a laptop while in the shop bay.......guess I'll see when I go there to pick up the program package. Only concern is they don't screw up my car....I'm a pain in the a$$ and pickey as he!! when it comes to that.

BOSS1289 said:
Just drove home from Track Key install. Love the sound and the feel! I don;t understand those that say that can't tell about, or don't like the idle, I think it sounds great! My car shakes like crazy at the stop light! Kind of reminds me of the 290/310 cam I had in my '69..... kind of. :)

Can you post a video of the car shaking like crazy?

BossJockey, if you don't mind me asking, Ted Russell or Lance ? On Thur I asked a service rep at TR and he did not seem to know what I was talking about but told me about $150 for aprox hour and a half for labor.

Thanks

BossJockey said:
Well I finally decided to make the plunge. I order my Trackey yesterday. The install is tomorrow. 8)
And??? It's the day after tomorrow...what do you think?

First impression:
1- pay no attention to the "Track Use Only" display. This tune is totally streetable.

2. This is the tune the car should have came with from the factory. You feel more connected to the car. The car sounds better also.

3. Not sure why I waited so long to get it.

4. I still wish it made some power over the stock tune.

Still feels like the flywheel is too heavy, but other than that it is awesome. It may not be as wild as people were saying it would be, but gotta hand it to Ford for getting it through CARB at all. Best mod ever.

And in my head, the display says "Because Racecar"

A few questions for the guys that have been using Trackey for a few months.

1. Gas mileage with Trackey. I fill up the car before getting the Trackey. Then I drove about 100 miles with Trackey, more aggressively and with more idling that usual. I fill her up and my gas mileage was about the same as I normally get. Have you guys noticed any change in gas mileage with the Trackey?

2. Idle RPM. My car idles 100 rpm higher with Trackey than it does with the silver key. It does this either with or without the lopey idle active. Do they all do that?

3. Launch Control. Is it better to use the Launch Control with the traction control on or off? I did one test at 2500 rpm with the traction control on and it still put down two 15ft black stripes. :eek: The instructions say for best results to turn off traction control. I may do an autocross next weekend and I was wondering what has been your experience with it.

Seems like I get around 12 mph versus maybe 13.5 so a little worse but neither is great ;D

I notice a higher idle at least early on, but I think once it warms up completely it seems to settle around the black key idle rate.

Haven't tried it yet.......

cloud9 said:
Seems like I get around 12 mph versus maybe 13.5 so a little worse but neither is great ;D

I notice a higher idle at least early on, but I think once it warms up completely it seems to settle around the black key idle rate.

Haven't tried it yet.......
Ditto. I just filled up my Boss at $4.29 a gallon. This Summer is going to be painful at the pump. :mad:

That 5.89 was one dumb ass station down here, gas is about 3.70 right now for regular.

The red key makes the idle 100 RPM's higher even if the car is not Trackey idle is not enabled during the warm up.

As far as gas mileage, I did not see any real difference but this is on track since I rarely drive my car on the street anymore.

TMO Supporting Vendors