The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Wally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice 8) I had those decals on my Boss and it's a nice touch. Mike's plates tuck in so nicely on the GT350 that I think I'll go stealth for now.......plus I have some TMO decals from Rick that I planned to put there ;D It's just too cold to put them on right now. Envious of your break-in miles. It snowed here again today :'(

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
302 Hi Pro said:
This product works very nicely and is nice when lap over welding parts. Keeps undersides of parts painted for rust protection where the grinder was used to clean off paint.

This comes in black as well.

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-self-etching-weld-thru-primer-16-oz-aero.html?fee=7&fep=25889&SRCCODE=GA220010&adpos=1o1&creative=83580265620&device=t&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAiAzuK0BRCW4tiLpJT-8TISJADV8cw9QLHd5vd1d0uWUP8rOVASMPZDU9a0FrTEAWTwAKB_shoCm_Pw_wcB

302 HP.

Used the Eastwood product to paint the bar and the welds. Came out pretty good:

IMG_2164%20copy_zps3iceyvrd.jpg

Also I'm replacing the stock rear 10mm seat mount bolts (8.8) with 12.9's

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
I should do the same. Did you find them at Fastenal or special order? Are you just replacing the rears due to the added strain from the lap belt mount?

I special ordered them, however the minimum quantity was 20 -- so you are welcome to 4.

Yes, just the rears. Not sure they're needed as the left rear must take a lot of load from the seat belt, stock, but I figured it would increase the safety margin....

Black Boss said:
I special ordered them, however the minimum quantity was 20 -- so you are welcome to 4.

Yes, just the rears. Not sure they're needed as the left rear must take a lot of load from the seat belt, stock, but I figured it would increase the safety margin....
Appreciate it. Would take you up on your offer and can get them at TA if you can get them past the TSA :)

I'm happy to buy a set off of you as well.

Nice to see Wally out greeting the town. Can you give a run down of your "break in process"......thanks.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
For the break in I made sure the oil was up to 180* before applying WOT and then tried to ensure a variety of speeds/rpm (e.g shifting 4/5/6/5/4 at speed when on the freeway. Also I was always told never to let the engine "labor" i.e. less than 2,000 rpm under load. I didn't hit the rev limiter, but ran it up to about 8,000 rpm. Also didn't get hard into the brakes until 200 miles. I believe the main thing is variety and no extended high rpm/power runs.

Yea, Carroll Shelby Way is in Dearborn on the Product Development campus.

Congratulations on Wally's graduation 8) I've been following a similar break-in process, but only added about 100 feet putting it on the trailer today. Stuck at 290. When you say "labor" under 2k rpm, do you mean you shouldn't cruise in city driving under 2k?

On another note, you were right about having to remove the sleeves on the Mac's Tie Down straps on the front wheels. They fit through on the rears still.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
When you say "labor" under 2k rpm, do you mean you shouldn't cruise in city driving under 2k?
I try to avoid applying throttle under 2k -- except from start -- cruise, or off power is fine, but as on the track the engine will struggle to pull in a higher gear with low revs.....

2012B2L

That Ford Guy
Ford Employee
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Jealous of all those break in miles. Mine is still in hibernation. But I am told it made a few laps around MPH last week before the blizzard hit.
2403ace8ba995cc2e2b01520ea047d92.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Wally is back in hibernation -- cold temps and snow forecast :(

999.1 miles completed -- the last 0.9 of break in will be around the paddock ;D

Almost finished front camber adjustment -- not entirely straightforward, and I will post a "How to" early next week, once it's (hopefully) done.

Black Boss said:

Almost finished front camber adjustment -- not entirely straightforward, and I will post a "How to" early next week, once it's (hopefully) done.
Thanks, looking forward to learning about it.

Black Boss said:

Are you using camber bolts or caster camber plates?

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
8250RPM said:
Are you using camber bolts or caster camber plates?

Intended to use the service bolts:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10732.0

Looks like there may not be enough adjustment. Will decide tomorrow whether to switch to the camber plates.

TMO Supporting Vendors