The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Wally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1 said:
Are replacement CF wheels available? Cost?
I'm not sure if they are available yet but the street price should be right at $10k.

That's the price of the 2013/14 GT500 rear wheel in Canada. My dealer had to replace one on my car after they scratched one when replacing a TPMS sensor. Pretty expensive sensor. Bought the scratch wheel for the $50 core charge to keep as a spare.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
VooDooBOSS said:
I'm not sure if they are available yet but the street price should be right at $10k.

They are in stock. Questions remain on what the rotating mass benefit of circa 6 lbs per wheel is and whether the R damper tune is any less effective with heavier wheels.

Decisions, decisions......

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Got Wally out of hibernation briefly, to fit the Boss Forgestar wheels and PSS tires, so that I can try to get a few more break in miles done without wearing out the PS2 tires or risking low temperature exposure...

Rears poke a bit due to offset, even though they're only 19x10" with 295/30:

IMG_1935_zpswtwfb4ik.jpg

Fronts need spacers to maintain track width as they're so narrow 19x9" with 265/35 :eek: Will post photos later.....

Both Front and rear needed open lug nuts due to the longer R studs.

Continue to be amazed by how big the front brakes are:

IMG_1934_zpszyj0lfta.jpg

But looking closely, looks like Ti heat shields are stock :)

IMG_1932_zpsuhuhifhf.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
Congratulations! We'll be looking for pictures :)

+1

Went ran some errands today with the Forgestars on the car:

IMG_1940_zpsu4jypdv3.jpg

the S197 TPMS sensors worked fine, including separate tire pressure readouts. I wouldn't recommend for high speed (over 155mph) use due to possible speed rating issues, but for Street/Wet's this is an option.....

Update -- Readout's displayed for 30+ miles and 5+ Key on/off sequences, but then I got TPMS failure -- there must be a lot more latency for "lost signal" than on the S197....

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Nick:

Your triple black Shelby GT 350 R is drop dead gorgeous! Absolutely a stunning Mustang and those ForgeStars look perfect!

Must be something to see others reaction as you roll down the streets. I had a fan encounter this morning with my 4.5 year old Boss 302. Still amazes me how some people just have stop, to tell you how much they like your car.

Good luck with your break-in period.
Dave
2HP

This car is pretty awesome!Sounds just right.
65 miles today.Not much torque below 2500,as expected.
Handling is excellent,plenty of power,not nearly as harsh a ride as my 13 GT500.
Very impressed by the weight,3518 on the MSO and it feels light and nimble.
I'm hooked,hands down the best yet,but I'm biased toward a great handling vehicle.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel