The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Wally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
gww52 said:
This car is pretty awesome!Sounds just right.
65 miles today.Not much torque below 2500,as expected.
Handling is excellent,plenty of power,not nearly as harsh a ride as my 13 GT500.
Very impressed by the weight,3518 on the MSO and it feels light and nimble.
I'm hooked,hands down the best yet,but I'm biased toward a great handling vehicle.

8) Photo's ?

Black Boss said:
the S197 TPMS sensors worked fine, including separate tire pressure readouts. I wouldn't recommend for high speed (over 155mph) use due to possible speed rating issues, but for Street/Wet's this is an option.....
The CF5's look sharp on the GT350. When you say not recommended for high speed is that the sensors or the valve stems? I always thought it was the rubber valve stems that were the issue. I run the TPMS with metal valve stems on my track wheels, and plan on doing so on the GT350, but I have never had my Boss that fast and may never get my 350 that fast either...unless I drive it to Mexico. ;)

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
VooDooBOSS said:
When you say not recommended for high speed is that the sensors or the valve stems? I always thought it was the rubber valve stems that were the issue. I run the TPMS with metal valve stems on my track wheels, and plan on doing so on the GT350, but I have never had my Boss that fast and may never get my 350 that fast either...unless I drive it to Mexico. ;)

I believe the valve stems are certainly a concern; The S550 GT has rubber stems, the R has Steel. Haven't been able to find a part number for the GT350 TPMS Sensor in the Ford Parts Catalog yet...

I ran Steel stems on all my Boss wheels except the Forgestars which I used for Street/Wet track duty.

Pulled the Rear wheels today for some measurements and found the rear calipers also appear to have heat shields:

IMG_1955_zpsjkvxi1th.jpg

Well I hope so considering they're even bigger than the Boss fronts! ;D. It will be interesting to see how they're proportioned. With the little bit of street driving I was able to do before the snow hit I found the brake dive was certainly much less than the Boss, but didn't get much feel for the front /rear bias yet.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Un-seasonably warm and dry weather here in the Midwest, so I got some more break-in miles :) Now at 400 miles. Forecast is 64* tomorrow, and still no salt on the roads yet, hopefully it stays that way...

Set up the Shift indicator light today -- great feature, especially with all the revs available.....

Black Boss said:
Un-seasonably warm and dry weather here in the Midwest, so I got some more break-in miles :) Now at 400 miles. Forecast is 64* tomorrow, and still no salt on the roads yet, hopefully it stays that way...

Set up the Shift indicator light today -- great feature, especially with all the revs available.....
You're welcome, we sent it your way :D I would have joined you but we finally melted most of the snow cover only to see it's in the forecast for tomorrow again :'( You're going to hit 1000 well before me I'm afraid. I'm stuck at 300.

Black Boss said:

Glad to see you're able to put some miles on it. Any new revelations about the car and it's capabilities like the brakes?

Where did you set the light at? A product idea I have is to make a LED board that has the last two lights in the middle on either side changed to red. My wife has a Fusion Ti with all the active safety features and light is all red and I bet easier to see in daylight. I bet it's the same LED board.

VooDooBOSS said:
Glad to see you're able to put some miles on it. Any new revelations about the car and it's capabilities like the brakes?

Where did you set the light at? A product idea I have is to make a LED board that has the last two lights in the middle on either side changed to red. My wife has a Fusion Ti with all the active safety features and light is all red and I bet easier to see in daylight. I bet it's the same LED board.
I noticed the light intensity was set at 20% from the factory which was difficult to see in the daytime. Moving it to 100% made it highly visible. It's a great feature.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
I noticed the light intensity was set at 20% from the factory which was difficult to see in the daytime. Moving it to 100% made it highly visible. It's a great feature.

Yea, It's set very low by default. It also auto-dims at night.

Loaded Wally in the trailer for a trip to Watson tomorrow:

IMG_1967_zps6yj0hp2t.jpg

The larger inner barrel diameter of the Forgestar wheels made tie down a whole load easier than with the OE wheels.

Anxiously awaiting your roll bar install so they finalize the instructions and send them to me so I can get started! :) Is the width much different than the Boss? I'm just curious about clearance to the fenders on the trailer.

TMO Supporting Vendors