The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did they swap in a V6? :p Sounds awesome. The 302S wheels look soooo much better than the stock ones.

NFSBOSS said:
Did they swap in a V6? :p Sounds awesome. The 302S wheels look soooo much better than the stock ones.
Thanks. It's actually a little "quieter" than I was prepared for and I am pretty happy about that. Under WOT it's plenty loud but it's definitely still "manageable" for street driving.......although the guys did make me hit it inside the shop before I left the service drive and then the service manager asked if I had good insurance for the old lady that hit the floor. :eek:

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
ArizonaGT said:
That is gonna sound ridiculously good off-throttle at high RPM
You don't know the half of it, off throttle burble and pops, plus heel/toe down shifts are insane. The Corsas have alot to do with it too, I han my car without the mufflers when I fist put the headers in and it sounded like a BMW M3 with all the rasp, Corsas gave it the deep tones back, the headers have a ringing tone at 6500-7400 rpm that is awesome in the car too.
Steve

steveespo said:
You don't know the half of it, off throttle burble and pops, plus heel/toe down shifts are insane. The Corsas have alot to do with it too, I han my car without the mufflers when I fist put the headers in and it sounded like a BMW M3 with all the rasp, Corsas gave it the deep tones back, the headers have a ringing tone at 6500-7400 rpm that is awesome in the car too.
Steve
It does sound really good :D It got into the low 40s today so I had a chance to take it out for a while. I did notice a slight drop off in low end torque but it turns outright nasty up around 6k. It "feels" like what I've seen on most of the dyno charts. I won't know for sure what we've got until I can get it on some rollers and more importantly on the track. Frankly I don't really miss a little low end torque since all it would do is blow the tires off anyway. Hopefully the high end is there ;)

Sesshomurai

cloud9 said:
It does sound really good :D It got into the low 40s today so I had a chance to take it out for a while. I did notice a slight drop off in low end torque but it turns outright nasty up around 6k. It "feels" like what I've seen on most of the dyno charts. I won't know for sure what we've got until I can get it on some rollers and more importantly on the track. Frankly I don't really miss a little low end torque since all it would do is blow the tires off anyway. Hopefully the high end is there ;)

Losing some low end torque is natural for LT's.

God that makes me want long tube again. And the FR500S Vorshlag posted in their BFG Rival review... mmm. But I don't need any more power! Damn you mod bug! My wallet hates you!

LS110 said:
Gary - Am I correct that you have been able to make this mod and avoid a new tune?
Basically yes. All I had him do is switch off the rear O2s, speed limiter and skip shift for now. Based on the charts Cooltech posted previously the PCM will adjust to the LTs without additional tuning. Once I have a chance to put it on a dyno and get a datalog we'll see if we want to do anything else. He's still evaluating TK as an option.

Best part is 2 days of driving and still "NO FAULTS" ;)

Sesshomurai

One other thing you will see with the LT's. They need time time break in and the sound will settle down and not sound so metallic after about 500 miles.

drano38 said:
Gary's new Kooks video linked below.
Yea, pic isn't very good, but the sound quality seems ok for a phone.
The Boss sounds pretty mean!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/5vceIqq3OnI[/youtube]

Nice, VERY nice! 8)

Thanks guys I can't wait to put it back on the track this spring. The only downside to a great sounding exhaust is you don't get to hear it under WOT going down the front straightaway at BIR.......Pete maybe you should come out here and drive it for me :D It will be fun at the first PCA event at BIR......the Porsche guys always seem to get pretty excited about the Mustang exhaust sound.

cloud9 said:
Yep you got it Jimmy. Kooks LTs, Kooks H-pipe (no side pipe), factory over axle pipes and Corsas. I'll try to shoot a little camera phone video, but obviously won't get to capture anything under WOT on track until spring.

I have almost the same setup on my Boss. Only difference is the Kooks X-pipe.

The Corsas sure sound mean at WOT, but have way less drone on the highway than the Magnaflows did on my old '01.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Just ordered the CJ Pulse Ring from Rehagen; if my trans has to come out to diagnose/fix this sound I'm hearing with my clutch, I'm going to have the shop install it.

ArizonaGT said:
Just ordered the CJ Pulse Ring from Rehagen; if my trans has to come out to diagnose/fix this sound I'm hearing with my clutch, I'm going to have the shop install it.
Nice! So after Chris' car held together so well at Chuckwalla you decided it was time to spin yours up too? ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors