The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

NFSBOSS said:
Nice. My friend has those front and rear on his Boss and they work well. I'm trying to stay away from two piece rotors and if I buy the six piston fronts I'll do the GT500 rears as well.

I also use those rotors and swear by them. I run front/rear though.

How many guys would have a cow if they put the hood on their roof in the shop :eek: and I thought my poor car was abused ::)

Look how easy it would be to bolt up a T56 and yank off that AC compresser ;D

2012YellowBoss said:
How many guys would have a cow if they put the hood on their roof in the shop :eek: and I thought my poor car was abused ::)

[size=10pt][size=12pt]We put a nice soft blanket on the roof first ;) I'm not a big fan of standing them up against the wall with pads under the corners. Too big of a chance for them tip over[/size][/size]

LOL you guys are hilarious. It's actually like a "spring cleaning". It's amazing how easy it is to inspect everything with the motor out of the car. I was going to flush coolant anyway so that's done and while the trans is just sitting right there might as well pump in fresh fluid to it too. We found a minor oil leak on the fittings for the oil cooler that he'll seal up, found the guilty electrical harness that's shorting out causing the "check charging system" error, the exhaust leak from the factory exhaust manfolds and the explanation of that noise last fall on left hand turns where my sway bar mount broke........Mr. Sway Bar meet Mr. Crankshaft pulley :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wonder why Rick wanted to "hold back" one of the rentals at Chuckwalla ???

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I put on a set of those Steeda billet mounts for the front bar. A little blingy for my taste but it should take some serious stuff to break em. I wrecked one of the stock clamp mounts already.

RCWALP 8)

steveespo said:
White headers, is it 1979? I had a set of white Hookers on my '73 Mach 1. Mad respect for the old school look. I still say you should have gotten American Racing Headers though. Good luck with them and glad you found wiring issue.
Steve
Hahaha you're bringing back (bad) memories of John Travolta in white bell bottoms man. I completely respect and value your opinion on the headers, but for me I was more concerned about the tune. I'm familiar and comfortable with Justin from past experience and that's the brand he has available so that drove the decision more than anything else. I prefer to keep as much business with as few vendors as possible. I feel like it pays off in the long run from a service standpoint if I give them more of my business. If he carried both lines I would have gone for the ARH based on your recommendation.

cloud9 said:
Getting closer........ 8) It's going to be 42 today, but doesn't look like I'll get that test drive in ;D

Scared me for a second, Gary. i thought maybe you were having the shop do an engine swap with that white Super Duty! Trade high rpm horsepower for stump pulling torque...and diesel clatter....

TMO Supporting Vendors