The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Looks great Gary!
Did you get all the alfalfa out of there too?
Maybe George will give you a refund if you bring it back this summer. ;)

Engine's back in the car. Coolest part of the headers will never be seen......

20130207133033.jpg

New transmission wiring that was part of the melted up harness rerouted and tucked away as far as possible...

20130207133040.jpg

Motor mounts.....again more bling that will never be seen.....
20130207133609.jpg

ruh roh that doesn't look good........

20130207132557.jpg

My buddy's GT also had a torn boot at the center joint of his driveshaft. Something you all might want to check on yours.

ArizonaGT said:
If that's not justification for a 1-piece, I dunno what is.

JBA headers?
$Yea$ $yea$ $I$ $know$

Nope Kooks with a Swaintech coating. Hopefully I won't melt everything like the stock exhaust was doing (ok it was a leak but still)......anyway the coating wasn't for heat it was to potentially quiet them down. It's on there pretty thick.

Picking it up at lunch. Supposedly it sounds really good. With a high of 37 today I think I'll lay into it so i can really get a feel for the additional power ::)

Sesshomurai

cloud9 said:
Picking it up at lunch. Supposedly it sounds really good. With a high of 37 today I think I'll lay into it so i can really get a feel for the additional power ::)

I will await the follow up topics from you on NVH reduction! But want to hear your first impressions.

I'm having flex pipes installed in my over axles just behind the h-pipe to reducing vibration sounds in the rear exhaust. The LT's (no cats) produce a lot more pressure and the stock ball clamps just can't deal with it.

DGRacing said:
I will await the follow up topics from you on NVH reduction! But want to hear your first impressions.

I'm having flex pipes installed in my over axles just behind the h-pipe to reducing vibration sounds in the rear exhaust. The LT's (no cats) produce a lot more pressure and the stock ball clamps just can't deal with it.
You know we were looking at the factory mid-pipe and were wondering how ANYTHING passed through it......

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Tune in tomorrow and watch for another episode of

"If my wife won't let me buy a 302S then damnit, I just gonna build one !".

Next episode: "No, I'm NOT going to race it...".

(I hear Rick laughing....)

Sesshomurai

PeteInCT said:

Hehe. That's what I'm doing, except I'm calling mine the "302x"; I will supercharge it and race in AIX (American Iron Extreme) with 800rwhp when its all done and said....302s will be whimpy in comparison.

PeteInCT said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyQoqkN_RmM[/youtube]

I couldn't find your exhaust layout, Gary. I'm pretty sure it wasn't full Kooks. Is it Kooks + factory + Corsa? Can't wait to hear your report and by hear your report, I mean see your video. ;)

Jimmy Pribble said:
I couldn't find your exhaust layout, Gary. I'm pretty sure it wasn't full Kooks. Is it Kooks + factory + Corsa? Can't wait to hear your report and by hear your report, I mean see your video. ;)
Yep you got it Jimmy. Kooks LTs, Kooks H-pipe (no side pipe), factory over axle pipes and Corsas. I'll try to shoot a little camera phone video, but obviously won't get to capture anything under WOT on track until spring.

Jimmy Pribble said:
Can't wait to hear your report and by hear your report, I mean see your video. ;)
OK, some initial thoughts. Key on and holy $xxT! The solid motor mounts are the first thing you notice and the best description I can give is RACECAR. It feels a lot like the FR500S I drove at Miller or the race prepped Foxbody that Matt Keller let me take out at MPH last year. It's not so much NVH that it makes it unpleasant to drive at all, just puts you a little more in "tune" with the car......really improves the feel. The sound is absolutely sick when you let her have it. It's not undrivable in town at all. If you're well behaved it's totally fine in terms of decibal level. drano38 happened to be in town and stopped by the dealership when I picked it up. He took some video on his phone and said he'd post it up when he got home. In terms of power, I can't really say yet since I only got on the interstate for a couple of miles and with temps in the low 30s I didn't go nuts. Throttle response seems to be sharper, but that could be the motor mounts or the fact that I've been driving an F-150 for a couple months and not used to the Boss. I'm sure the PCM needs some drive cycles to adapt to the new exhaust anyway. I'll get it on the rollers after some more miles/drive cycles. It's supposed to be in the low 40s tomorrow so will try to get it out some more then. Too many meetings this afternoon unfortunately....

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
OK, some initial thoughts. Key on and holy $xxT! The solid motor mounts are the first thing you notice and the best description I can give is RACECAR. It feels a lot like the FR500S I drove at Miller or the race prepped Foxbody that Matt Keller let me take out at MPH last year. It's not so much NVH that it makes it unpleasant to drive at all, just puts you a little more in "tune" with the car......really improves the feel. The sound is absolutely sick when you let her have it. It's not undrivable in town at all. If you're well behaved it's totally fine in terms of decibal level. drano38 happened to be in town and stopped by the dealership when I picked it up. He took some video on his phone and said he'd post it up when he got home. In terms of power, I can't really say yet since I only got on the interstate for a couple of miles and with temps in the low 30s I didn't go nuts. Throttle response seems to be sharper, but that could be the motor mounts or the fact that I've been driving an F-150 for a couple months and not used to the Boss. I'm sure the PCM needs some drive cycles to adapt to the new exhaust anyway. I'll get it on the rollers after some more miles/drive cycles. It's supposed to be in the low 40s tomorrow so will try to get it out some more then. Too many meetings this afternoon unfortunately....

Nice !!!!!!!!!

cloud9 said:
RCWALP!

drano38

Wayne
Gary's new Kooks video linked below.
Yea, pic isn't very good, but the sound quality seems ok for a phone.
The Boss sounds pretty mean!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/5vceIqq3OnI[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors