The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Boss 302S Hood Availability

mwilson7 said:
I'd have to ask.

Why wouldn't you just put the Laguna spoiler on the car? It's a much better piece.
Than the Steeda? What about the GT500 spoiler? The GT500 bolts right up to a Boss.

I like the steeda the best. Just sucks that I'm going to add a new trunk to put it on.
I like the APR 200 wing second.
And the GT 500/ LS as equal thirds.
I do not like the Boss spoiler at all.

5 DOT 0 said:
908ssp said:
Just need a tune and my hood.
Nice. Looks like you changed your wheels, which ones are those?

Yup and finally got it off the jack stands...first time this year. They are Interlagos from TSW. 9.5"x20"-weigh 23.5 lbs. 10.5"x20"-weigh 24.5lbs. Roll forged rim.

The Steeda hood isn't bad but on my car it would look decidedly underwhelming. The Tiger hood belongs on my car. Funny thing is a none vented hood would keep the blower whine down...it's louder than I thought it would be.

Has anyone gotten their hood yet? Getting antsy to see one installed on a Boss so I can order mine. You promised I didn't have to be the guinea pig on this one. ;D

cloud9 said:
Has anyone gotten their hood yet? Getting antsy to see one installed on a Boss so I can order mine. You promised I didn't have to be the guinea pig on this one. ;D

Tiger racing said GP production was 3-4 weeks out. About a week ago. I figure I'll touch base with them when I get my Boss. Eta next week, not sure I believe that though

Jza1736 said:
cloud9 said:

Tiger racing said GP production was 3-4 weeks out. About a week ago. I figure I'll touch base with them when I get my Boss. Eta next week, not sure I believe that though
Sounds like it will hit about the same time as TracKey then ;)

I hope not. :(
I would love to send the car to the body shop as soon as it gets here!!

Jza1736 said:
908ssp said:
According to Rehagen my Tiger hood is on the truck on the way here. ;D

Nice! Ill give Paul a call on Monday and see where mine is!
I gave Paul @ tiger racing, a call today. He was very helpful and said my hood should be produced and shipped by the end of the week! Sweeeeet!

cloud9 said:
Really looking forward to seeing these.
Me too! Im waiting to see it to figure how I'm going to paint it. Paul told me today, that ford decided to go with a totally black hood on the production 302S

Jza1736 said:
cloud9 said:
Really looking forward to seeing these.
Me too! Im waiting to see it to figure how I'm going to paint it. Paul told me today, that ford decided to go with a totally black hood on the production 302S
I would paint it like the original photos where the center is black (white on your Boss) and the surrounding is the color of your car.

I'll go all black I think. Silver and in my case Sterling Gray can be hard to match so if I go all black I don't have to worry about that.

5 DOT 0 said:
I would paint it like the original photos where the center is black (white on your Boss) and the surrounding is the color of your car.
I would agree, but I wonder why Ford ended up painting the 302S all black? Is it tough to find the right cutoff at the front of the vents? If I do the hood I'm planning on painting it CO with a gloss black center to match the roof.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel