The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Photos and Specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I decided to just drop some of the jpgs for now, I can always go and process the photos later but this was easiest.

My thought on Avalanche: It's interesting...the pic from the front end definitely shows how it changes in light. Honestly, the photochop I did early on is the most representative (also attached). It's a lighter grey.

I have video and audio from my phone as well that I need to load...hopefully the few pics from my phone show the bolstering well enough. Also confirmed from the Ford rep, the track pack has the larger spoiler.

I changed out the images to include the watermark from the other forum since I allowed them to do that to put me on the front page.

Also, two of the videos have been uploaded as well:

https://youtu.be/UtTUP9_HBqg
https://youtu.be/ppphgmXSNLs

_MG_0257-001_zpspgn0dfdc.jpg
_MG_0260-002_zpsj7c7ovc4.jpg
_MG_0289-003_zpshwdyc4qo.jpg
_MG_0296-004_zpsixkue89e.jpg
_MG_0426-007_zpssbxrkefz.jpg
_MG_0469-008_zpsp81lvev0.jpg
_MG_0489-009_zpsigyeqean.jpg
IMG_4560-003_zps4xlxay8y.jpg
IMG_4570_zpsvykud7ph.jpg
IMG_4537_zpsor24zmht.jpg
IMG_4533_zpsytwjmsct.jpg

What learned at Texas World Speedway today:

There are 4 versions of the GT350 and 3 rear spoilers.
The base car which the Ford guys think no one will buy, except for it's uniqueness.
The TECH package which also has the small spoiler.
The TRACK package which will have a slightly larger spoiler that moves the pressure point on the car. It will still have an electronic dash screen, just smaller.
The function difference was stressed several times.
Then there is the R.
I got the impression all would beat a Z28.
I could be wrong.
Avalanche, the color is best described as primer grey gloss with clear coat.
You don't have to put a flat black wrap on your new car now.
Ford Europe could of had the GT350, the whatdooyoucallit pedestrian test was passable for a low volume car. Some dealers will likely "Avalanche market" the cars there.
The car has electronic exhaust cutouts, shades of C Whitney! It sounds awesome. The photos and video already posted is better than what I got.
This car had a dyno run well over 500HP. They said not like a Hellcat is 707 and it's over 700. This was 'well over'. He wouldn't say how many ponies are in the well.
The final price is still not set, but expect it to be a great performance value. Not cheap.
The question of the FPC engine in other cars got a non-answer.
The question of a body in white program got a long answer. Regular Mustang BOW =yes. GT350 no, but if you are a real race team in a real series it sound like you could get a car vs. building a BOW. But that was not direct answer.
There are not going to be lot of spare FPCs to go around.
The GT500 question got a variety of rabbit trails.
The drag racers are not forgotten. This is an 11 sec car.
No definitive answers, but some helpful tips on rear suspension set up.
Everything from the window post forward is different, even the radiator core support. I asked if an analogy to the early Celica and it's big brother Supra fit and was told yes.
That was my thought growing up in a body shop. This car of course is way cooler.
I still like the long course at TWS best.
Back when I raced in the SCCA, this was my home track and where I raced the most.
I got a ride in one of the Ford racing school cars. It was the 2015 GT, not the 2014 GT500.
Fun times, thanks Gateway.
While the new Track Pak GT will beat a Boss, I still need to get a Boss. I have wanted one since the 1st gen.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
I'm sure the R will beat the Z with its Cup tires but what about the others? I'm not sure the PSS is up to the task compared to the Trefeo R.

ArizonaBOSS said:
I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

Have a *little* faith guys. Between the damper and geometry upgrades, I think it's possible. Besides, basic physics favors the lighter car. ;) And that would work well for the Super Sports. :)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
I have the Ford faith but I doubt the Magnaride dampers are going to be as good on track as the Z's track specific Multimatic DSSV dampers. :eek:

I don't know that they need to be.

I think it's possible. And it might actually be streetable. The difference could be a button push away.

What do you think of the color? It has grown on me and is now in the running but will HAVE to have stripes and black roof.

I was saddened hearing about someone ruining the front splitter on the car they were originally going to bring...that would have made an amazing photo op with white/blue striped original next to new :-(

Backorder said:
What do you think of the color? It has grown on me and is now in the running but will HAVE to have stripes and black roof.

I was saddened hearing about someone ruining the front splitter on the car they were originally going to bring...that would have made an amazing photo op with white/blue striped original next to new :-(

avalanche is growing on me. I've always wanted white / blue...classic look...but have also always liked off-whites when they're done well. I'm thinking avalanche could be a nice modern twist to the original white. For me, it's looking like white, avalanche, or magnetic.
As for stripes, same thing. I had been thinking that striped were a must...but the more I look at you pics of the avalanche / no stripes, the more I see a lot of interesting curves and shapes in the body (particularly the hood) that I think might get overpowered by stripes. The great thing about stripes is that you can add / delete them over time. Painted roof for me? maybe...kinda depends on stripes. I also prefer matte black to shiny black so I could see having the roof done in matte vinyl. so many tough choices ;-) At this point, I'd take a pink one...I just want one!

TMO Supporting Vendors