The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Photos and Specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20150113_110824_zps5nrkpdeb.jpg

I know there's been some speculation that the MagnaRide suspension was optional due to some information that was on Ford's website. I never thought that was the case and below is a link to the latest info. No mention that MagnaRide is optional. It just doesn't make sense to have three different suspension options for a limited production car regardless of what the draft order guide stated.

It also states available Late 2015.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/features/#page=Feature4

"• Chassis and suspension
The MagneRide™ damping system monitors and adjusts itself thousands of times per second for a dynamic, adrenaline-fueled driving experience. But with our obsession for detail, we just couldn’t stop there. Our attention to detail drove us all the way down to which way the springs coiled, therefore requiring new lower control arms. This racer was designed, engineered and built so the springs, sway bars and dampers work together as one finely tuned system. We also added new lightweight chassis components and a set of Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport tires wrapped around lightweight, yet incredibly stiff, aluminum wheels. So yeah, the GT350 will deliver a special rush whenever you strap yourself in behind the wheel."

Photo 14 of 16 still states it's optional.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/gallery/photos/shelbygt350/

NFSBOSS said:
Tasty. Too bad my wife hates yellow cars. :(

As good as those pics are, they really don't do the triple yellow justice. Such a beautiful color! Think I'm still sticking with orange though. Need to see one of those!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Another interesting tidbit: Ford's team was able to lower the fascia, fenders, and hood of the GT350 down because the car will not be going to Europe and therefore need not comply with the pedestrian safety impact regulations that restrain the S550's front end shape.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaBOSS said:
Another interesting tidbit: Ford's team was able to lower the fascia, fenders, and hood of the GT350 down because the car will not be going to Europe and therefore need not comply with the pedestrian safety impact regulations that restrain the S550's front end shape.

Interesting...I guess it means it'll be low enough to scrape every other driveway and speed bump out here in SoCal!

TMO Supporting Vendors