The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration, Las Vegas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFSBOSS said:
For those that are signed up where are you staying? I have reservations at the MGM but I'm thinking about switching to the Mandalay Bay. Andy where are you staying?
Mandalay Bay. Oh, maybe I'm not the Andy you're looking for...

Here's a more detailed schedule of events I'm planning on attending. 8)

Sun the 13th - Conga line with Team Shelby from Nor Cal to Palm Springs
Mon the 14th - Shelby Run from Palm Springs to Vegas (50+ cars)
Tue the 15th - Shelby Bash Scenic Tour and Poker Run
Wed the 16th - Car show at Shelby American's new facility
Thur the 17th - Mustang 50th Celebration at LVMS
Fri the 18th - Open Track at LVMS
Sat the 20th - Conga line home with Team Shelby

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
So I've looked at the schedule for the 50th and if I come out Thursday evening and come back on Sunday, it sounds like I'm missing a huge chunk of the event, namely the 50th itself. What else is there to do if I don't do the track day? I mean I know there will be vendors, etc but what else is everyone planning on doing during the day/evenings? I've tentatively gotten a room over at Mandalay Bay but if the schedule doesn't break my way, I'll just cancel.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Nope. None at all. 8) However, if we're wanting to do some events as a group (night time stuff), it might be nice to organize.

I finally got around to registering for everything. I'm signed up for:
Thursday evening - Birthday celebration at New York New York
Friday - open track
Friday evening - Gala at Shelby American
Saturday evening - Banquet at Luxor

Anyone know if the Shelby "Gala" is a "GALA"? I would love to have a nice formal evening out but if everyone is wearing shorts and jeans it's not much of a "Gala". So is it in name only? Anyone have any insight?

Fomoco302 said:
I'm not having any luck finding this info: do we pick up registration packets at the track or at one of the hotels (Mandalay bay)?

At the hotel. Info here in all its page centered glory:
http://mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/vegas/schedule.html

NFSBOSS said:
Who's all signed up for the birthday party Thursday evening?

http://www.m50bcstore.com/las-vegas-thursday-night-birthday-party.html

I signed up for both the Thursday night and the Shelby event on Friday.

Paul

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I assume we will be assigned a number for the car when I'm driving at the open track day in Vegas. Does anyone know how this works? I would prefer to buy a number myself that I can apply to the car rather than throwing on painter's tape to identify my car. Any insight will be appreciated.

Kirk

NFSBOSS said:
Does anyone know if there will be anyone detailing cars at the Mandalay Bay?

Are you asking about professional services? I don't know. I will be certainly cleaning up our car with some materials I'm bringing.

Does anyone know if Mandalay Bay lets you self park? I don't trust valet folks, especially after this happened to someone:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2012-2013-boss-302-mustang-373/895046-valet-totalled-my-boss.html

askjeffro said:
Does anyone know if Mandalay Bay lets you self park? I don't trust valet folks, especially after this happened to someone:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2012-2013-boss-302-mustang-373/895046-valet-totalled-my-boss.html

Yes. They have a big self park garage behind it.

NFSBOSS said:
Does anyone know if there will be anyone detailing cars at the Mandalay Bay?
I don't know if they have anything setup for the event. But Las Vegas has many mobile detailers that schedule appointments to come to you. My daughter gets a groupon every six months for a service that comes to her work and comes out and does it out at her work parking lot.

TMO Supporting Vendors